+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
No, you don't have to wait until he gets a job. You can and should outline clearly how your needs will be cared for during the time period until he does have one and how you plan to become self-sufficient. So, if you will be living with family who will also be providing support, say so and provide a letter of support from them. If you will be working or attending school before doing so, outline whatever plans you have in that regard as well.
Hi Leon, it's me again. :) I just want to ask in terms of providing a strong case on our relationship when we apply. My bf and I met online and he has been here in the Philippines (2x) and I've been to Canada. We've met each other's family and friends so I have no problem with showing pictures. We also have emails with each other, although not that many since we skype everyday and I can also print our conversations over facebook plus the wedding pics and marriage certificate, etc. I want to ask if you think it's a strong enough proof considering we've been together for less than a year?

Super Thanks!

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
Hello there, my situation is this:
My wife is sponsoring me and we are residing in Israel. We are applying for an outside of Canada application.

In GENERIC APLICATION FORM FOR CANADA "Question 4: Immigration office requested for processing this application" - what exactly do I put? Do I put Missisauga or The Canadian Embassy, Immigration Section, 3 Nirim Street, 4th Floor, Tel Aviv?

SPONSORSHIP EVALUTION - If my wife is working in Israel, does she still need to provide information on "Employment and Personal Income"? If yes, does she need to provide pay stubs? (its alot of translation by the way)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
EliandMaria said:
Hello there, my situation is this:
My wife is sponsoring me and we are residing in Israel. We are applying for an outside of Canada application.

In GENERIC APLICATION FORM FOR CANADA "Question 4: Immigration office requested for processing this application" - what exactly do I put? Do I put Missisauga or The Canadian Embassy, Immigration Section, 3 Nirim Street, 4th Floor, Tel Aviv?

SPONSORSHIP EVALUTION - If my wife is working in Israel, does she still need to provide information on "Employment and Personal Income"? If yes, does she need to provide pay stubs? (its alot of translation by the way)
Put the address for Tel Aviv. CPC-M processes the sponsor part of the application and ensures there is a complete application, it is not a visa office.

Yes, she still needs to provide it. Perhaps a letter from her employer might be easier, detailing her contract terms, period of employment, annual earnings or whatever basis of pay she has. Although there is no specific income requirement, the sponsor has to show they are not reliant on welfare and not an undischarged bankrupt.

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
Thank you for your response.

So should I write CANADIAN EMBASSY TEL-AVIV IL? Is it clear enough?

I have another question, on the address field in the (APPLICATION TO SPONSOR) - should we provide an actual address, even though it says "all correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your email address below"? the issue is we do not have a pernament address and as far as I know they are suppose to send me the answer including the PR card via mail. Is that correct?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
EliandMaria said:
Thank you for your response.

So should I write CANADIAN EMBASSY TEL-AVIV IL? Is it clear enough?

I have another question, on the address field in the (APPLICATION TO SPONSOR) - should we provide an actual address, even though it says "all correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your email address below"? the issue is we do not have a pernament address and as far as I know they are suppose to send me the answer including the PR card via mail. Is that correct?
Yes, but if you have the actual address, no harm in putting it down.

Provide a snail mail address, at the very least it should be the home of someone you trust to receive important and confidential information. If you provide an email address, they will use it in preference to that for routine correspondence.

Your Confirmation of permanent Residence and visa will be issued together at the visa office, and returned to you via mail (regular or courier) depending on how Tel Aviv operates. Your PR card will not be issued until approximately 6 weeks after you arrive in Canada, and will be sent to the address you indicate as your intended residence in Canada.

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
I am applying for outside of Canada form and it says on the guide that I will receive a PR card via mail and then I will have a specific period of time to enter Canada.

I have a question regarding the new form Generic-IMM 0008... It asks for and ID issue and expiration dates, but the Israeli ID does not have an expiration date, so when I click on validate it does not give me the barcode and I cant replace it with any other number like - 00.00.00 it asks for a specific date, what to do?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
EliandMaria said:
I am applying for outside of Canada form and it says on the guide that I will receive a PR card via mail and then I will have a specific period of time to enter Canada.
That is correct. Your PR visa (unless you are visa-exempt) and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) forms, are what will enable you to enter Canada and be confirmed as a PR. Once you have done that, approximately 6 weeks later, you will receive a PR card in the mail, which you will be expected to use for future returns to Canada. The COPR and visa are one-time only use, and have an expiry date tied to either your last medical exam or your passport's expiry, whichever comes first. The PR card which is mailed to you after your first entry is valid for 5 years.

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
I also have a question regarding the new form Generic-IMM 0008... It asks for and ID issue and expiration dates, but the Israeli ID does not have an expiration date, so when I click on validate it does not give me the barcode and I cant replace it with any other number like - 00.00.00 it asks for a specific date, what to do?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Put in a date, say to the end of the year.

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
hello,

Its been a year since I applied for spousal sponsorship,did not recieve any response except acknowledgement letter.I wife is preagnant her due is in April.

How do I wake up the ppl who employed and sleeping in CHC-Islamabad office. :p

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Same for my case. I put a date far in the future, and then write on the form next to it stating there's actually no expiry date for the ID.

CharlieD10 said:
Put in a date, say to the end of the year.

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
Hi everybody... I have another question: under "SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE" question 4 do I need to provide my mothers last name before the marriage (she got re-married) or her current last name. : :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
EliandMaria said:
Hi everybody... I have another question: under "SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE" question 4 do I need to provide my mothers last name before the marriage (she got re-married) or her current last name. : :)
Current last name, provided it matches her ID.

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
Thank's :)

Since we are applying for outside application, and my wife lives here with me. She needs to provide proof of her intention of re-establishing in Canada.
She lived in Israel since 13 years old, and she recently went back to Canada, did her license and studied a few courses, plus she worked for couple months so she also has pay stubs. She can ask for a letter from her mother that lives in Canada saying that her mother can support us once we will arrive till we get our on place - does her mother needs to sign it and mail it? Or it can be simple, just printed. Also if we present saving, would that help?

shaby

Dec 19, 2011
Dear All,

Before my correct address was showing on my permanent residence page(using file Number)

House #____, Street #____

but now its showing

House #_____, Street #_____

This time, city name comes in center of my address .....

Please guide me, what should i do? and what does it means, why it happens??

I have been sponsor by my wife on April 2011, file transfer to CHC Isb on first week of June.