+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
hi

hi

i now Abu Dhabi takes lots of time .... many people apply for immigration and many other .....
but what about sponsorship to spouse..... how long it take time .....

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Ok, I feel better now. Thanks!

Quince777 said:
Since you already got your AOR you don't have to worry about app returned to you. It would have been done at the beginning.

luvko031503

Jan 25, 2012
My boyfriend and I are getting married on July and I'm going to sponsor him.
Right now he is working in Saudi Arabia. Please let me know where we should process his papers.
Will it be better to stay in the Philippines or continue working in Saudi Arabia while the processing is on going.
Hope to get your advice so we can plan properly.
Thank you in advance.

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
new here living in quebec so im totally confused on certain things like.
1. since im living in quebec when filling out fbi cover letter for police certificate do i put my address in the states or do i put the one in canada and for question 2

2 since im in quebec do i send all the immigrations forms to quebec first
any help would be greatly appreciated alot thaxs

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshine83 said:
what do you mean 80% ?? can u tell me sir ... why they take time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
I don't know which post you are replying to but immigration now posts all times as the time they have processed 80% of cases by. Say they write 8 months, that means that after 8 months, 80% of the cases have been resolved. Unless you are unlucky and end up in the 20% that are slower, you could then expect that your case will not take longer than that.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tommyp said:
new here living in quebec so im totally confused on certain things like.
1. since im living in quebec when filling out fbi cover letter for police certificate do i put my address in the states or do i put the one in canada and for question 2

2 since im in quebec do i send all the immigrations forms to quebec first
any help would be greatly appreciated alot thaxs
1. Put your current address whatever that is.

2. No, immigration will take care of the Quebec part for you so you just go ahead, follow the instructions and apply in a normal way.

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
ty for the response will i need to apply for a work permit as well or will that be taken care of with the other process

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
Spousal sponsorship

hi

i am permanent residents and working in Canada. I sponsored my spouse who is working in KSA ... i would like to visit him... how long i have to be present in Canada after submitting the sponsorship paper of my husband to immigration office

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tommyp said:
ty for the response will i need to apply for a work permit as well or will that be taken care of with the other process
If you read the original post, you see there is no work permit with outland but with inland, it takes 9-10 months to get one. With outland, you might have your PR already before 9-10 months have passed so you have to think about which is better for you. If you choose to apply inland, you should apply for an open work permit to be granted upon first stage approval along with your application package. If you don't send it then, you must wait until you have the first stage approval to apply and then you will have to wait a couple of months for it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshine83 said:
i am permanent residents and working in Canada. I sponsored my spouse who is working in KSA ... i would like to visit him... how long i have to be present in Canada after submitting the sponsorship paper of my husband to immigration office
Wait until you have been approved as a sponsor, that takes about 2.5 months. Then you can go visit but do not stay long. I would say 3-4 weeks maximum and make sure somebody is there at your apartment to check your mail and messages in case immigration tries to get in touch. As a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor. If they find out that you have left Canada, even if you feel that it is not a long stay, they could cancel your application. Once cancelled, of course you can appeal their cancellation or apply again but you will have lost some precious time and you will not get that back.

O-Zone

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Aurora
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
File Transfer...
03-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-01-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-07-2012 - In process Sept 3 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 5 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2012
nanipanjakadi said:
Hello O-Zone,

Looks like we both applied more or less same time, I applied sponsorship application in Jan2012 and its been three weeks not yet heard anything from CIC. I guess it take few more days for me to expect Acknowledgement from CIC...I dont think it takes 68 days for the first letter we both expecting, it should be there in max 3 weeks if lucky or else add more 1week worst case. I wonder how much time does it takes to process when the application sent to Newdelhi. Let hope for best, let me know if you receive letter from CIC?
Thanks for the reply Nanipanjakadi. I hope you are right, and it doesn't take too long from the CIC Mississauga. Fingers crossed. I haven't applied yet, still reviewing the documents prepared and waiting for the darn police clearance certificates to be mailed from India. These small things are so complicated to get in India! Good luck to you and please confirm as soon as you receive the sponsorship approval.

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
hi

sir what do u mean "Wait until you have been approved as a sponsor, that takes about 2.5 months" i am
confuse sir .

Wait until you have been approved as a sponsor, that takes about 2.5 months. Then you can go visit but do not stay long. I would say 3-4 weeks maximum and make sure somebody is there at your apartment to check your mail and messages in case immigration tries to get in touch. As a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor. If they find out that you have left Canada, even if you feel that it is not a long stay, they could cancel your application. Once cancelled, of course you can appeal their cancellation or apply again but you will have lost some precious time and you will not get that back.
[/quote]

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sunshine83 said:
hi

sir what do u mean "Wait until you have been approved as a sponsor, that takes about 2.5 months" i am
confuse sir .
There's two parts to the whole process. The first part takes two and a half months. The second part depends on where your VO is.