+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Hey guys, my application is under spouse sponsorship ( married) is there any update for people who applied for my spouse in March 2023? I completed 12 months week ago still no news from IRCC. my wife's done medical and background checks, we waiting for the requested passport but no news since the last update for print fingers in November 2023. thank you guys
You should check your GCKey/application tracker account if there are any messages. Order GCMS notes if you want.

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
I reside in Montreal this is the inland sponsorship of my spouse timeline:
Application received: 11 Jan 2024
AOR received: 16th Jan 2024
BIL request/Upload: 19th Feb 2024/21st Feb 2024 Marked completed
Medical extended till March 2025 and marked completed
SA approval/CSQ application...........................SILENCE..................................

Please do anyone know why we dont have sponsor approval till now and also to approach Quebec and apply for CSQ.
Plus my wife does have a CSQ from a previous outland application before coming to Canada, will the CSQ be used or we have
to apply for another one?

hamzamaroof

Mar 26, 2024
Hello. I have a question.
I am not employed/working at the moment and I have been asked to include a detailed plan on how I plan to support me and my spouse on a separate piece of paper. (Form IMM5533e).
What should I write/include in my answer.

Jan 2, 2024
i made a PR application for my Thai wife and they came back asking to explain how i will support my wife. my 2022 income is a bit low. What income would be required?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
i made a PR application for my Thai wife and they came back asking to explain how i will support my wife. my 2022 income is a bit low. What income would be required?
That's a legit question. Do you have new job in 2023 and 2024 that will have more income? Do you have savings? Do you have support from families that's going to provide housing and food for free/low?

pj1978

Mar 28, 2024
Complicated situation, my girlfriend (on a work permit) lives in a rental with her kids but the lease is only in her ex husbands name. They both contribute to the rent. If I move in with her and her kids and pay a portion of the rent after 12 months would we be common law. Problem is neither of us name would be on the lease. I am a Canadian citizen and would like to sponsor her. Just wondering if this would work or be a major issue since none of us are on the lease. Her ex is ok with us living together. We dont want to involve the landlord as the rent they are paying is cheaper then the going rate. Just worried the landlord will charge more as well.

Any feedback would be great.

Last edited:

emb0510

Feb 21, 2024
Hello, what are the requirements for applying Inland Spousal Sponsorship? The main sponsor is PR already and the wife is under PGWP. we only have the lease of our rental agreement and phone bills. is it enough? if not what more do we need to provide as a requirements? Thank you in advance for answering.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, what are the requirements for applying Inland Spousal Sponsorship? The main sponsor is PR already and the wife is under PGWP. we only have the lease of our rental agreement and phone bills. is it enough? if not what more do we need to provide as a requirements? Thank you in advance for answering.
Start with the application and instructions. If you download the document checklist in the application package, that will be the easiest guide to what you will need.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

Reactions: YVR123

Reggieking

Mar 29, 2024
HI every one
I applied for PR under spouse sponsorship from outside Canada over 14 months now.
first i got a letter asking for additional documents which i provided.After that i got another letter telling me the additional documents were recieved and that my application will be reviewed by an official.What does this mean?
Secondly i have tried to link my application online to my account without sucess .
I have UCI number and G number. Is G number the same thing as application number?
Please i need answers. Thank you all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Complicated situation, my girlfriend (on a work permit) lives in a rental with her kids but the lease is only in her ex husbands name. They both contribute to the rent. If I move in with her and her kids and pay a portion of the rent after 12 months would we be common law. Problem is neither of us name would be on the lease. I am a Canadian citizen and would like to sponsor her. Just wondering if this would work or be a major issue since none of us are on the lease. Her ex is ok with us living together. We dont want to involve the landlord as the rent they are paying is cheaper then the going rate. Just worried the landlord will charge more as well.

Any feedback would be great.
What evidence would you plan to show that you are common law if you are not on the lease?

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys I am about to submit my inland spousal pr application but I am stuck here at the photo sections. Shall I upload the digital copy of the photograph( I.e. only the front) or shall I be uploading the scan copy (I.e. front and back of the photograph) or shall I upload the scan with the digital copy pdf..
any suggestions will be much appreciated