+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
What’s the next step after background check in sponsorship of child and how much time does it take
Next step is to wait for IRCC to give an update about your application. Since none of the people in this forum know about the nature of your application, the estimated time (after a background check) varies between 1 to 6 months, depending on the complexity of your application.

TL;DR only the IRCC knows what's next.

Mudassir khan

May 26, 2023
Next step is to wait for IRCC to give an update about your application. Since none of the people in this forum know about the nature of your application, the estimated time (after a background check) varies between 1 to 6 months, depending on the complexity of your application.

TL;DR only the IRCC knows what's next.
Does interview is before background check or after does you know about this and what’s about your application you also have applied for ircc sponser

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Does interview is before background check or after does you know about this and what’s about your application you also have applied for ircc sponser
Interview is for complex applications. I don't know anything about interviews much since I didn't get invited for an interview. But from what I have been reading in this forum is that interviews can come at anytime in your application and that interviews are usually a negative sign.

My application is spousal sponsorship, this forum you are commenting is titled spousal sponsorship, so I have no idea about sponsoring children since the process might be different from spouses.

nitin240378

Nov 25, 2010
New Delhi - India
Category........
Visa Office......
new Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28th April 2103
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
28th April 2018
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2013
LANDED..........
landing on 2nd May
Hi Everyone - I need help for a document.... I recently got married in India and My spouse do not have Birth Certificate. She tried to get from the place of birth but not able to get it. Is there any alternative document I can submit.

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone - I need help for a document.... I recently got married in India and My spouse do not have Birth Certificate. She tried to get from the place of birth but not able to get it. Is there any alternative document I can submit.
Please check the requirements list: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Birth certificate is usually required.
"If you do not include a birth certificate without any explanation or evidence, the application will simply be returned for being incomplete."

Edit: Could not find anything about alternatives, I think it's best to contact IRCC regarding this.

Last edited:

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
March 2023 applicant here
submitted CSQ in Aug 2023, waiting since.
Tracker shows background check in process
VO: London
Requested Gcms notes 15th march
Yesterday got a ghost update, tracker says last updated 21st march but no change in timeline.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Hey there, I am a Canadian citizen (born in nepal) and my wife is an Indian, we did a destination wedding in Nepal but did not register our wedding in neither Nepal nor India. We are living together in BC Canada since 2022 June, and now we are planning to get married in bc next month. So here is my questions,
When I am sponsoring my wife as inland spouse canadian class category , should I mention about destination wedding in Nepal and upload those pictures along with my Canadian marriage certificate or what would anyone suggest us to do? Also she is on her work permit until 2026 so does she need to apply for work permit again ? Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thanks

Last edited:

thatstupiddeer

Jan 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
AOR Received.
05-01-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2023
Med's Done....
24-01-2023
Passport Req..
26-02-2024
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2024
Hey there, I am a Canadian citizen (born in nepal) and my wife is an Indian, we did a destination wedding in Nepal but did not register our wedding in neither Nepal nor India. We are living together in BC Canada since 2022 June, and now we are planning to get married in bc next month. So here is my questions,
When I am sponsoring my wife as inland spouse canadian class category , should I mention about destination wedding in Nepal and upload those pictures along with my Canadian marriage certificate or what would anyone suggest us to do? Also she is on her work permit until 2026 so does she need to apply for work permit again ? Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thanks
Yes, submit photos of the destination wedding. I assume this is the one that family came to, and you have photos of your family and her family all together for it. You can list it as a wedding celebration, since you didn't get married in the legal sense. You can also include a short explanation to just say you wanted to do the legal marriage in Canada where you're now living, rather than in another country due to the paperwork involved to get the marriage recognized in Canada, but also wanted to have a wedding of sorts where your families could more easily attend.

If her work permit is good until 2026, then I don't think it would be needed to reapply. I think you can apply for an OWP once you have AOR, but I'm not sure that's needed if she has status for the next two years anyway. I'm sure someone else can weigh in on that, though!

IonC

Mar 23, 2024
Poland
Category........
FSW
Hi all . Just found this website while trying to get info on how to move back to Canada with my new wife..
I m a PR but my PR card expired in 2018 and lived outside Canada since 2016.

So, based on my google search, looks like (most likely) , when I get back to Canada I ll be issued with a removal order and will have to file an appeal...

If anyone can please help me with 2 answers for these....

- Can I apply to sponsor my wife/spousal sponsorship while waiting for the ( decision of ) the appeal ?

- If that s a yes, can my wife get a positive decision before mine from the appeal regarding my PR status?

Thank you

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all . Just found this website while trying to get info on how to move back to Canada with my new wife..
I m a PR but my PR card expired in 2018 and lived outside Canada since 2016.

So, based on my google search, looks like (most likely) , when I get back to Canada I ll be issued with a removal order and will have to file an appeal...

If anyone can please help me with 2 answers for these....

- Can I apply to sponsor my wife/spousal sponsorship while waiting for the ( decision of ) the appeal ?

- If that s a yes, can my wife get a positive decision before mine from the appeal regarding my PR status?

Thank you
- No, you cannot apply to sponsor your wife while waiting on the decision of the appeal. You have to be in compliance with the residency obligation in order to sponsor your wife for PR. If you are able to re-enter Canada without being reported, then you will need to remain in Canada for two years to meet the residency obligation before you will be able to sponsor your wife.
- Not applicable since you cannot sponsor her.

Peace2023

Star Member
Feb 14, 2023
March 2023 applicant here
submitted CSQ in Aug 2023, waiting since.
Tracker shows background check in process
VO: London
Requested Gcms notes 15th march
Yesterday got a ghost update, tracker says last updated 21st march but no change in timeline.
That GU in the tracker probably was triggered by pulling up your gcms notes.

Reactions: Uniqueusername

elpajiro84

Jan 17, 2023
Hey guys, my application is under spouse sponsorship ( married) is there any update for people who applied for my spouse in March 2023? I completed 12 months week ago still no news from IRCC. my wife's done medical and background checks, we waiting for the requested passport but no news since the last update for print fingers in November 2023. thank you guys