28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot for your reply. A follow-up question:
1. What is the definition of 'You need to be actually living in Canada'. Which document proves that I am actually living in Canada?
Employment records, travel records, property rental, utilities, etc. you need to be spending the majority of your time living and working in Canada while the application is processed. Leaving for a few weeks on vacation is fine but the primary place you are physically residing must be Canada to qualify as a sponsor.

Rahuljoshi

Jul 12, 2020
@scylla, @armoured & @sidhuripudaman
Thanks everyone for your replies. They are really helpful.
When I read the IRCC website, I could not find any information which differentiates between a short stay or a permanent stay for the primary applicant (PR holder) while applying a PR for Spouse. All it says is the primary applicant (PR holder) should be residing in Canada while applying a PR for the spouse.
The concern which I have is that I find it inconvenient that my wife will not be able to accompany me and start together in Canada as her PR process can take almost a year.

@armoured: I do not have an idea about TRV but will look into it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When I read the IRCC website, I could not find any information which differentiates between a short stay or a permanent stay for the primary applicant (PR holder) while applying a PR for Spouse. All it says is the primary applicant (PR holder) should be residing in Canada while applying a PR for the spouse.
The concern which I have is that I find it inconvenient that my wife will not be able to accompany me and start together in Canada as her PR process can take almost a year.

Your wife can try applying for a TRV once you are ready to actually move to Canada. No point submitting the application while you are residing outside of Canada.

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023

Yes, it is a long journey, and it starts by you, the PR and sponsor, living in Canada. The definition of living in Canada is pretty self explanatory I think, and it isn't a good idea to try to skirt the lines just for getting your wife a PR status in Canada.

If you're not that willing to go back to Canada and actually live there, maybe the better option is for the both of you to stay in your current country? You haven't provided any specifics as to what your and your wife current situation is, but I feel that it may be the better path for the both of you vs you having to re-establish yourself in Canada, then go through the sponsorship process and TRV etc.

Sammy122

Jan 3, 2024
I applied for spousal sponsorship in Quebec and got the csq now I’m moving to Alberta. Will this help shorten the timeline in getting my spouse here?(once I update the province of intent) Also does it carry on with consideration of the months that have already elapsed or does it restart the application timeline? Any info would be a great help!
This is an Outland sponsorship of my husband

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Dears ,

i applied inland spouse application. my wife is sponsoring Me. currently, after we submitted the application, my wife gave birth. we have recieved baby's Health card.
should i sent this card to ircc?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dears ,

i applied inland spouse application. my wife is sponsoring Me. currently, after we submitted the application, my wife gave birth. we have recieved baby's Health card.
should i sent this card to ircc?
No, don't bother.

Akki7696

Jan 6, 2024
Hi i'm currently working in UAE but i'm from india and my spouse is studying in Canada in second semester. Is it possible if i can go back to my country then lodge SOWP application there and come back again here. I want to do just because the processing time here in UAE is 53 Weeks but in india it's only 13 Weeks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi i'm currently working in UAE but i'm from india and my spouse is studying in Canada in second semester. Is it possible if i can go back to my country then lodge SOWP application there and come back again here. I want to do just because the processing time here in UAE is 53 Weeks but in india it's only 13 Weeks.
Not a family sponsorship issue, wrong forum.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Applied under Common Law on December 21st 2023
AOR Received: Jan 06, 2024
Was able to link to IRCC account

Bean001

Jan 6, 2024
Family Class (Spousal) Outland Timeline
Applicant US citizen, Sponsor Canadian Citizen.
  • Submitted: August 5th 2023
  • AOR: Oct 5th, 2023
  • FBI Clearance Requested: Oct 11th, 2023
  • Biometrics Payment Requested: Oct 11th, 2023
  • Medical Requested: Oct 13th, 2023
  • Sponsor Eligible: Oct 16th, 2023
  • Medical Submitted: Oct 26th, 2023
  • IRCC Received FBI Clearance: Oct 31st, 2023
  • Medical Marked as Completed: Nov 4th, 2023
  • Biometrics Instruction Letter: Nov 9th, 2023
  • Biometrics Submitted: Nov 14th, 2023
  • IRCC Received Biometrics: Nov 20th, 2023
  • Eligibility Completed: Nov 30th, 2023
  • PreArrival Letter: Dec 1, 2023
  • Ghost Update: Dec 4th, 2023
Nothing new since eligibility being completed and the ghost update.

Gavysidhu

Jul 8, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22/02/2023
AOR Received.
13/04/2023
hello friends i wanna discuss one very complicated case of my husband friend he is a punjabi boy married to christian girl .the case is their spousal sponsorship got rejected many times as candian immigration in delhi do not believe that the marriage is genuine after applying and appealing alot they want to try for temporary resident visa i just wanna ask can they apply for this visa after getting refusals in spousal application
any suggestions would be highly appreciated