+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
For someone who has been in my situation, could they tell me if it is likely or not my sponsorship will be approved?
- I am a born and raised Canadian Citizen, I live in Canada.
- My wife is Filipina living in the Philippines.
- She has never travelled to Canada before, but has to the US and India
- We never lived together, we've only been together on my vacations to the Philippines.
- We are legally married in the Philippines.
- We've been married since Nov 2023, so a little more than 2 months now.
- I am otherwise eligible to sponsor my wife under family class

Being that we haven't been married long and have never cohabited with eachother outside of hotels during my vacations, what are our chances of being approved?

Our sponsorship documents are almost ready, and will be submitting once we have her police clearance tuesday.
Don't stress. Nothing unusual with your relationship. I only knew my wife 6 months, and we had only spent about 4 weeks together before we go married.

Reactions: emett22

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hello,

I have received this letter from ircc stating that my spousal inland application has been moved to Etobicoke office for further review. I am not sure what this letter means . If anybody knows please update me about this. I am freaking out. And what are processing times for this location.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hello,

I have received this letter from ircc stating that my spousal inland application has been moved to Etobicoke office for further review. I am not sure what this letter means . If anybody knows please update me about this. I am freaking out. And what are processing times for this location.
Sometimes files are transferred to Etobicoke for secondary review when there are some concerns with the application. Did you order GCMS notes to see what's going on?

Reactions: YVR123

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Sometimes files are transferred to Etobicoke for secondary review when there are some concerns with the application. Did you order GCMS notes to see what's going on?
No not yet. They just did it today.

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
But the address it has on letter is for RROC. Isn’t it rapid response operations centre?

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
It could also be that this office has some spare agent time compared to others and that your file got transferred as part of a rebalancing effort. Really, nobody knows and all you can do is wait for further updates on your application.

Reactions: armoured

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
But the address it has on letter is for RROC. Isn’t it rapid response operations centre?
did it mention anything like this "The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification." If thats the case, then most likely they will set up an interview.

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
did it mention anything like this "The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification." If thats the case, then most likely they will set up an interview.
Yes, it says the file has been transferred to etobicoke office for further assessment. IRCC may contact you for an interview or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate its decision to you”

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Yes, it says the file has been transferred to etobicoke office for further assessment. IRCC may contact you for an interview or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate its decision to you”
Then they will eventually set up an interview. Did you submit enough proof of relationship/ cohabitation?

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Then they will eventually set up an interview. Did you submit enough proof of relationship/ cohabitation?
It could be because of on my side no body really know about the marriage because of the cultural aspect as well as my parent wanted me marry someone who is already PR. I am the sponsor. So that could be it

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
It could be because of on my side no body really know about the marriage because of the cultural aspect as well as my parent wanted me marry someone who is already PR. I am the sponsor. So that could be it
No worries. There's a big thread on here about interviews (if they do ask), you can prep for it and ace it.

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
No worries. There's a big thread on here about interviews (if they do ask), you can prep for it and ace it.
Oh okay, thank you. And do you know what is the current timeline of the interviews.

Olere

Jan 15, 2024
Hi,
Please, I did my medicals on December 11th 2023, and I have forwarded my information sheet to IRCC. I called the clinic they confirmed my results has already been sent to IRCC since 20th December. Please, how do I check to know my medical result has beenuploaded, do i get receive a mail from IRCC? And what is next after medicals?
I have done my biometrics. I was also sent background form, which I have filled and submitted all before the medicals.

Thank you.

Olere

Jan 15, 2024
Hard to say. Depends on the office's workload.

Hi,
Please, I did my medicals on December 11th 2023, and I have forwarded my information sheet to IRCC. I called the clinic they confirmed my results has already been sent to IRCC since 20th December. Please, how do I check to know my medical result has beenuploaded, do i get receive a mail from IRCC? And what is next after medicals?
I have done my biometrics. I was also sent background form, which I have filled and submitted all before the medicals.

Thank you.