+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023

Hi,
Please, I did my medicals on December 11th 2023, and I have forwarded my information sheet to IRCC. I called the clinic they confirmed my results has already been sent to IRCC since 20th December. Please, how do I check to know my medical result has beenuploaded, do i get receive a mail from IRCC? And what is next after medicals?
I have done my biometrics. I was also sent background form, which I have filled and submitted all before the medicals.

Thank you.
did you do an upfront exam? You might get an automated email saying it was added to your file and sent to the officer. or it might just update as completed on file. Next would be eligibility and background

Olere

Jan 15, 2024
did you do an upfront exam? You might get an automated email saying it was added to your file and sent to the officer. or it might just update as completed on file. Next would be eligibility and background
I have filled my background and sent to IRCC... the medical instructions email came, then I immediately booked for it, then I got background email before my medical day. That is I submitted my background A form before I went for the medical.

Sorry what do you mean by upfront exam?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have filled my background and sent to IRCC... the medical instructions email came, then I immediately booked for it, then I got background email before my medical day. That is I submitted my background A form before I went for the medical.

Sorry what do you mean by upfront exam?
If you booked your medical after getting email request of medical from IRCC, then you are not doing "upfront medical". Upfront means they do medical before getting a request from IRCC.

Olere

Jan 15, 2024
If you booked your medical after getting email request of medical from IRCC, then you are not doing "upfront medical". Upfront means they do medical before getting a request from IRCC.
I got a request from them before I booked.
My question is, how do I get to see the medical result and what do I expect next. Again for how long?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got a request from them before I booked.
My question is, how do I get to see the medical result and what do I expect next. Again for how long?
In due course, the online (gckey etc) will show that your medical is passed. It can take from a couple days to a few weeks. Nothing to worry about.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I have a question.

My spouse previously had PR. But he is unable to keep PR status because of his family situation back home , (elderly parents that needed care). He wanted to apply for visa to come to Canada as a visitor. IRCC said "you must formally renounce your PR in order to apply for PR", so he signed a document to renounce his PR. Now his parents has passed away, he wanted to apply for PR as my spouse (I am PR). Question: because he renounced PR before, would that affect his PR application negatively? Thank you!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question: because he renounced PR before, would that affect his PR application negatively? Thank you!
No. My spouse did this, no problem. The usual checks apply, but the previous PR has no negative effect.

[Side note: after landing and now residing in Canada, my spouse kept getting called into secondary at the airport for more questioning because of a flag on the file about the residency obligation. It was annoying but we eventually got it removed. Oh, and had to do an extra step or two for SIN number - was dormant - and provincial healthcare. But none of these had to do with the PR app itself, which went smoothly.]

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello,
I applied Dec 3, 2023
AOR: Dec 22

Nothing since AOR and my PR tracker says last updated Dec 27. Any clues as to when i can expect BIL? or something else?

rprai24

Jan 7, 2021
Hi Team ,
I want to check after getting ECopr , Can we inform IRCC about Primary applicant location change . Primary applicant has moved to United states from India . Will it cause any impact on application . Is there ant chance of Application rejection ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Team ,
I want to check after getting ECopr , Can we inform IRCC about Primary applicant location change . Primary applicant has moved to United states from India . Will it cause any impact on application . Is there ant chance of Application rejection ?
Was this an outland case? Because if so, you did not get eCOPR (or should not have).

If outland - no impact save that submitting passport process may be slightly different. Read the instructions when the passport request letter comes.

Reactions: YVR123

rprai24

Jan 7, 2021
Yes, it is outland case PA is from India . I am concerned about how to submit the passport .As PA is now in united states.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, it is outland case PA is from India . I am concerned about how to submit the passport .As PA is now in united states.
There will be instrustion to submit passport somewhere else. I believe. Read that PPR email careful for instruction if PA is not in India any more.
If PA will spend a long time in US, you can submit a web form to update PA's address

Reactions: armoured