File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI All I am resident of Quebec (Canadian Citizen) who applied for Spousal sponsorship for my wife in the month of June 2023 . Below is the status of my Spousal PR application

Received AOR, SA, Medicals completed (Passed) & also submitted through webform CSQ documents which I have received by mail.

I am writing here to see what are the next steps of the process and also just to check how long its going to take for the next steps, can some one please advise on my question. Thanks in advance!!!!
Eligibility, background, and security check should be next.

Posted processing time for Quebec applicants is two years right now. This is due to the caps the Quebec government has put in place. So in short, expect that it may take two years to process your application from the time it was submitted (and be happy if it takes less than that). Good luck. The situation is pretty bad for Quebec applicants right now.

canada calling2384

Jan 8, 2015
Eligibility, background, and security check should be next.

Posted processing time for Quebec applicants is two years right now. This is due to the caps the Quebec government has put in place. So in short, expect that it may take two years to process your application from the time it was submitted (and be happy if it takes less than that). Good luck. The situation is pretty bad for Quebec applicants right now.
Thank you for the honest response, actually i live by close to Gatineau bridge away from Ottawa, planning to move to Ottawa due to some personal reason. If i need to change the address what would be the process and required documents that needs to submitted to the IRCC, please advise thank you

Reactions: T0pubo

MaxDevil

Oct 1, 2021
Hello friend i want to sponsor my wife. We married in mid of May 2023 in India. she is in india right now, i am citizen of canada.
Any one give me some sample of writing marriage stories format how to write that.
How much money should i show in my bank (balance statement) in Canada.
I am working as uber eat driver and other job in cleaning company, what kind of document i can show to prove my income in uber eats
Thanks

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
Hi. I made a calculation mistake in IMM 5562 and realized it after submitting and downloading the application on the same day. I had 19 trips in the past 10 years and while listing all of them I made these two mistakes. I mistakenly wrote I returned from Canada after 64 days whereas I returned within 34 days, also that messed up my other travel history such as I went to UK on June not July. Two mistakes just because of mixing June-July (6-7).

I am an inland applicant and that form is not required. I submitted a webform within 90 minutes after submitting the application. I know before receiving AoR that probably won't change anything. I am just anxious.

Anyone here submitted a webform before receiving AOR?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi. I made a calculation mistake in IMM 5562 and realized it after submitting and downloading the application on the same day. I had 19 trips in the past 10 years and while listing all of them I made these two mistakes. I mistakenly wrote I returned from Canada after 64 days whereas I returned within 34 days, also that messed up my other travel history such as I went to UK on June not July. Two mistakes just because of mixing June-July (6-7).

I am an inland applicant and that form is not required. I submitted a webform within 90 minutes after submitting the application. I know before receiving AoR that probably won't change anything. I am just anxious.

Anyone here submitted a webform before receiving AOR?
Yes, Last Friday .I had the same issue, but with IMM 5532 . I forgot to attach additional sheet for the sponsor's employment history .I believe they do add the details before completeness check if they receive the webform on time .Since I have submitted file on September 26th ,I believe they would get it as AOR usually follows 2 months after submission.
Raised a webform the next day ,but yet to receive acknowledgment .For UCI ,I just put 0000000, and rest all details of the applicant as per the application submitted.

I used the reason box for explaining the mistake ,and attached the files .I was confused in the last step-in which, it asks for confirming birth date and email address. Since I am the sponsor ,I put my details in it .

Last edited:
Reactions: shahriarali

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
Yes, Last Friday .I had the same issue, but with IMM 5532 . I forgot to attach additional sheet for the sponsor's employment history .I believe they do add the details before completeness check if they receive the webform on time .Since I have submitted file on September 26th ,I believe they would get it as AOR usually follows 2 months after submission.
Raised a webform the next day ,but yet to receive acknowledgment .For UCI ,I just put 0000000, and rest all details of the applicant as per the application submitted.

I used the reason box for explaining the mistake ,and attached the files .I was confused in the last step-in which, it asks for confirming birth date and email address. Since I am the sponsor ,I put my details in it .
I typed my UCI from the previous application (TRV). I received an automated response after submitting webform.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I typed my UCI from the previous application (TRV). I received an automated response after submitting webform.
Ok.

I haven't received any acknowledgement yet,its been a week now .

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Yes, Last Friday .I had the same issue, but with IMM 5532 . I forgot to attach additional sheet for the sponsor's employment history .I believe they do add the details before completeness check if they receive the webform on time .Since I have submitted the file on September 26th ,I believe they would get it as AOR usually follows 2 months after submission.

@scylla can you please help with this ?

Can I use my UCI for my wife's webform and send the documents again as I haven't received any acknowledgement
?

IRCC might return my file if the documents not received on time as the form IMM 5532 requires past 5 years employment history ,but due to lack of space ,I made a separate sheet to cover the remaining 3 months out of 5 year which I forgot to attach

Also in the webform I sent last week ,in the last step,where it asks for confirming date of birth and email ,I put my details . I dont know if it is right as I am the sponsor not the principal applicant ,I mentioned my details in the enquirer information though.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla can you please help with this ?

Can I use my UCI for my wife's webform and send the documents again as I haven't received any acknowledgement ?

IRCC might return my file if the documents not received on time as the form IMM 5532 requires past 5 years employment history ,but due to lack of space ,I made a separate sheet to cover the remaining 3 months out of 5 year which I forgot to attach

Also in the webform I sent last week ,in the last step,where it asks for confirming date of birth and email ,I put my details . I dont know if it is right as I am the sponsor not the principal applicant ,I mentioned my details in the enquirer information though.
I don't know the answer.

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
Ok.

I haven't received any acknowledgement yet,its been a week now .
I don’t think they always send an acknowledgement back. To the best of my knowledge, I think you should use your UCI only if you are the principal applicant.

My acknowledgment has this “ Update or ask about your application: Add a document to your application-Permanent Residence-Inside Canada – Spouse, Partner” this included in the subject” and pretty much an automated response.

In the worst case scenario, your application will be returned.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
knowledgment has this “ Update or ask about your application: Add a document to your application-Permanent Residence-Inside Canada – Spouse, Partner” this included in the subject” and pretty much an automated response.
Ok,thanks

abkg1998

Star Member
Sep 25, 2023
Hi we applied on July 15th and we got our application received letter at September 18th, and last week we got medical letter biometric letter and
we got sponsor's eligibilty is approved letter. On portal it still shows that they are reviewing eligibility. But does it mean we can expect a decision soon or..? If I am not wrong, they will continue to process background and that is the final step. Can someone make comment on this? We are applying from Turkey I am in Ontario.

Our timeline:

Applied: July 15, 2023
AOR: September 18th,
Biometric Letter: September 25th,
Medical Letter: September 26th,
Background and Eligibilty started to proccess: September 26th,
Sponsorship Eligibilty Passed Letter: September 27th
Sponsorship Eligibilty Passed Letter Received: October 4th

Reactions: Home_13579

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi we applied on July 15th and we got our application received letter at September 18th, and last week we got medical letter biometric letter and
we got sponsor's eligibilty is approved letter. On portal it still shows that they are reviewing eligibility. But does it mean we can expect a decision soon or..? If I am not wrong, they will continue to process background and that is the final step. Can someone make comment on this? We are applying from Turkey I am in Ontario.

Our timeline:

Applied: July 15, 2023
AOR: September 18th,
Biometric Letter: September 25th,
Medical Letter: September 26th,
Background and Eligibilty started to proccess: September 26th,
Sponsorship Eligibilty Passed Letter: September 27th
Sponsorship Eligibilty Passed Letter Received: October 4th
You are only at the beginning of the process. All completely normal but expect up to the published processing time.