+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been in a relationship for a year and living together for about 8 months (there will be a 3-month difference between the marriage and the application date). Do you see any problem in terms of relationship time when applying for the sponsorship? The relationship is genuine and we have plenty of proof, but was just wondering if you have seen similar cases of people who are not in a relationship for many years and have the application approved.

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been in a relationship for a year and living together for about 8 months (there will be a 3-month difference between the marriage and the application date). Do you see any problem in terms of relationship time when applying for the sponsorship? The relationship is genuine and we have plenty of proof, but was just wondering if you have seen similar cases of people who are not in a relationship for many years and have the application approved.
As long as the relationship is genuine and you have enough proof, you won't face any issues

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is obvious, but you are also now married?

If so, this is a pretty solid profile and shouldn't be much to worry about.

Reactions: Funbox

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Sorry if this is obvious, but you are also now married?

If so, this is a pretty solid profile and shouldn't be much to worry about.
Yes, we are married. Not for a long time though. By the time we file the application (we haven't yet), we will have completed about 3 months of marriage and a year of relationship.

It sounds like as long as we are married, that should be enough and the time doesn't really matter as long as we provide enough proof. Thanks for the reply.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, we are married. Not for a long time though. By the time we file the application (we haven't yet), we will have completed about 3 months of marriage and a year of relationship.

It sounds like as long as we are married, that should be enough and the time doesn't really matter as long as we provide enough proof. Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I was just checking that you weren't trying under common law.

Your proof of marriage (certificate etc) should be enough for that 'leg'. The proof of relationship including living together etc (if proofs you have are solid as described) should serve well to demonstrate the relationship is genuine.

Reactions: Funbox

Jas07

Apr 21, 2023
After I submitted my passport to IRCC my COPR details on PR tracker disappeared...does anyone know why this would have happened?

rammy

Nov 7, 2011
quick question guys:
5. PHOTOS: When applying online, upload the front and back of one (1) photo to your application.

Since i am required to send photo digitally how am I supposed to send the back of the photo? Should I send scanned copy or original digital photo?

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
Hi guys thanks for all the inputs here. I will be extremely grateful to get any inputs on my case.

Being sponsored via Spousal sponsorship for PR. I live in USA.

Application Submitted: Dec 23rd 2022
AOR: Feb 17th 2023
Medical Request: March 16th 2023
Medical Cleared in IRCC tracker: April 24th 2023
Eligibility Completed: Jun 12th 2023
Background Completed: Aug 8th 2023
COPR document number and details in IRCC tracker: Aug 8th 2023
Request for Visa Email: Aug 11th 2023
Passport/Documents submitted: Sept 7th 2023 [I was asked to submit to VFS Global New York]
Documents in process with IRCC office: Sept 13th 2023

Since Sept 13th 2023 I have not heard anything from IRCC nor any IRCC tracker updates. Can anyone please share what might be going on ?

What I am very worried about is that they have my passport (Indian) in their possession and I am living without passport in a 3rd country USA ?

Thanks in advance. Any inputs will be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Home_13579

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
After I submitted my passport to IRCC my COPR details on PR tracker disappeared...does anyone know why this would have happened?
For me that didn't happen. I keep checking those details every now and then. Take screen shot to send as attachment and please write to IRCC using webform.

Last edited:

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
quick question guys:
5. PHOTOS: When applying online, upload the front and back of one (1) photo to your application.

Since i am required to send photo digitally how am I supposed to send the back of the photo? Should I send scanned copy or original digital photo?
write ur info on the back of your physical photo and just scan it/take a pic of it using ur phone and upload it, it doesn’t make sense in this day and age when the application is completely digital but go figure

Reactions: rammy

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
anyone knows how long it takes to get one's passport back after submission to IRCC ? I submitted for COPR and Permanent Resident Visa stamp.