+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks @armoured for your reply on my query. I get your point that initiating my spouse's PR application makes more sense once I go back to Canada and apply for Outland Spousal Sponsorship from there. Right? Meanwhile, shall my spouse raise a request for visitor visa for himself instead- just to keep door open for him to visit me in Canada before the PR thing works out for him as it will take a long time like at least a year. Does it make sense/ In case of any kind of emergency, if he needs to travel to and visit me in Canada, he can do that once his travel visa is approved. Is it correct? Please clarify for me.
It's not that it 'makes more sense' for you to apply to sponsor when back in Canada, you must not apply before returning. PRs must be physically present in Canada to sponsor.

Sure, he can apply for visitor visa. No guarantee he will get one, but if he gets one, he can travel.

Reactions: Sameeksha Jain

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Good morning guys,
PR application portal, there's proof of status but it's an outland application, what should we upload as a proof?
I strongly suggest following the checklist which is a required document to be filled and uploaded with every other form. The checklist includes clear instructions regarding proof of status. Since you are writing in this thread I assume you are sponsoring a spouse and you are inquiring about proof of status of a sponsor.

IMM5589e page 4 section 1 - If you are PR - then you must submit a photocopy of your PR card. If you are citizen - you must submit either Citizenship certificate (or card); Canadian birth certificate; or Canadian passport. If you are an Indian - you must submit your Indian status card.

If you haven't already, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html select "An application package", then proceed to enter details regarding your case type and download the checklist.

Last edited:

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Finally after six years of fighting in this process today my wife and I received the news that I was approved under Family Sponsorship, I hope to God that all of you are approved as soon as possible
Very Happy for you. Congratulation

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I attend interview 5th april at new delhi .visa officer asked me she will review and give result.after 1 week i got pcc ,schedule A request but not get pre arrival .my interview passed still pending ????

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
I attend interview 5th april at new delhi .visa officer asked me she will review and give result.after 1 week i got pcc ,schedule A request but not get pre arrival .my interview passed still pending ????
I think its a good sign as they are looking for more updated documents may be to finalize the application! its just guess still!

Varinder007

Mar 19, 2023
Hi everyone,
I applied for outland spouse application on 20 Feb, 2023. I got the application number on 6 April, 2023. Now i am trying to link the application to my ircc account but the system is not letting me to link the application. Everytime its showing me the same msg “application not found “. Does anyone else have the same issue. If someone knows anything please help. Thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi everyone,
I applied for outland spouse application on 20 Feb, 2023. I got the application number on 6 April, 2023. Now i am trying to link the application to my ircc account but the system is not letting me to link the application. Everytime its showing me the same msg “application not found “. Does anyone else have the same issue. If someone knows anything please help. Thanks
You have to be more specific about which tracker are you referring to: GCKey or PR Tracker?
If you have problems with GCKey, the most common mistake is the wrong number of persons in the application. It must be = sponsor + primary applicant + dependents.
If PR tracker - there is no clear understanding as to when it starts working. In my case we had to wait for biometric request before being able to create an account.

Varinder007

Mar 19, 2023
You have to be more specific about which tracker are you referring to: GCKey or PR Tracker?
If you have problems with GCKey, the most common mistake is the wrong number of persons in the application. It must be = sponsor + primary applicant + dependents.
If PR tracker - there is no clear understanding as to when it starts working. In my case we had to wait for biometric request before being able to create an account.
I applied online in PR portal. But i was trying to link my application in GC key. In the number of persons section i tried to fill for just one person also and tried 2 as well. But same error i was getting again and again.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I applied online in PR portal. But i was trying to link my application in GC key. In the number of persons section i tried to fill for just one person also and tried 2 as well. But same error i was getting again and again.
PR Portal is for application process. Tracking available in PR Tracker and GCKey.
Which identification data are you using?
I suggest to use UCI Number (must be the UCI of the PA not the UCI of the sponsor), application number and passport data.

It may happen that it is just not available yet and you have to wait a little longer.

Varinder007

Mar 19, 2023
PR Portal is for application process. Tracking available in PR Tracker and GCKey.
Which identification data are you using?
I suggest to use UCI Number (must be the UCI of the PA not the UCI of the sponsor), application number and passport data.

It may happen that it is just not available yet and you have to wait a little longer.
How do i know the UCI of the spouse?

TaiPo Tiger

Apr 14, 2023
I am filling out Form 1344e and when I validate the form, it keeps saying that I need to fill in co-signer information. But I am sponsoring my wife so I have no co-signer. May anyone advise how should I do?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
How do i know the UCI of the spouse?
From any communication addressed to the spouse. Probably biometric request will be the first one to arrive. Anyway, any method of identification should work but it's just my opinion that with UCI and application number you can't go wrong where as place of birth or names can in some circumstances cause confusion.