+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sep 25, 2021
There's no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, so literally you can apply (as soon as you are in Canada) without a job.
In the documents checklist page no.5 it says i need to show evidence/source of income to support my family so getting a job was the easier way than showing proof of funds.
Anyways i really dont know what is the fastest way to get them here. An immigration consultant advised me not to apply for a visit visa for them unless 3 or 4 months have passed from the sponsorship application because the sponsorship might get rejected and that she had clients' applications rejected for the same reason. So she advised that either i should apply for spousal sponsorship or visit visa and not to apply within the same period .
Not sure if this is true ?

renekton

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,
I noticed that there are cases where people are still waiting for AOR's while there are people who submitted applications much later are receiving AOR, BIO, Medicals etc?(even though they're same nationality)

Is there a valid reason for this?

I assumed that online applications go through a queue based process which would result in a first come first serve pattern but clearly that's not the case. Does anyone know what's the process that IRCC follows after we submit our applications? and how AOR's are issued?

Thanks

Reactions: Home_13579

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the documents checklist page no.5 it says i need to show evidence/source of income to support my family so getting a job was the easier way than showing proof of funds.
Anyways i really dont know what is the fastest way to get them here. An immigration consultant advised me not to apply for a visit visa for them unless 3 or 4 months have passed from the sponsorship application because the sponsorship might get rejected and that she had clients' applications rejected for the same reason. So she advised that either i should apply for spousal sponsorship or visit visa and not to apply within the same period .
Not sure if this is true ?
You would be wasting more time if you just idle doing nothing and not making any decision.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
For Medical Exam of Immigration, if a person has already taken Medical Exam for Canadian work visa / visitor visa in the past 12-month, does he/she still need to take Medical Exam for PR application?

Vinit Mistry

Jul 20, 2017
I got confirmation of PR on my account, but still waiting for passport request from Delhi visa office. Any way to contact Delhi office?

ksafong

Mar 29, 2023
I found that I have a document number (TXXXXXXXXX) in the "Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) details". Is that mean I have COPR already?