+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

cpnraj

Mar 4, 2023
Hello, I recently came to Canada and my 180-day stay will be completed next week. During my stay, I got married to a Canadian citizen and I am currently waiting for my PCC to apply for PR. As a plan to settle, I am thinking of taking a road trip and exiting to the US, as I also have a US visitor visa, and then re-entering Canada. However, I am concerned about being refused entry by IRCC upon my return. I have a 10-year visitor visa for Canada. Can you provide your thoughts on my situation?

ninuzzo82

Jan 30, 2022
hello there
am Sebastiano an Italian citizen and trying for common in law application i will like to ask " me and my partner (Canadian) we have being living together in England for a period of 6 year from 2003 to 2008 we have lease agreement and all prove that we have cohabitated together, now on the eyes of immigration is that considered a valid prove for the application ? since then after we have being together but we couldn't leave physicals together for a period of time of 12 months due of my work because (i work in cruse ship) i will eternally thankfully if you could give me any advise please

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I recently came to Canada and my 180-day stay will be completed next week. During my stay, I got married to a Canadian citizen and I am currently waiting for my PCC to apply for PR. As a plan to settle, I am thinking of taking a road trip and exiting to the US, as I also have a US visitor visa, and then re-entering Canada. However, I am concerned about being refused entry by IRCC upon my return. I have a 10-year visitor visa for Canada. Can you provide your thoughts on my situation?
There's no guarantee you'll be let back in, although perhaps unlikely they'd refuse. You may be better off applying for an extension to your visit. Is done online.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello there
am Sebastiano an Italian citizen and trying for common in law application i will like to ask " me and my partner (Canadian) we have being living together in England for a period of 6 year from 2003 to 2008 we have lease agreement and all prove that we have cohabitated together, now on the eyes of immigration is that considered a valid prove for the application ? since then after we have being together but we couldn't leave physicals together for a period of time of 12 months due of my work because (i work in cruse ship) i will eternally thankfully if you could give me any advise please
When you are not working i.e. on the ship, do you reside together?

If so, I doubt there would be a problem. Technically yes the time you lived together before is sufficient to establish you were common law. You'd want to support more by showing that you reside together whenever you can and that your relationship has been continuous. It just may be difficult and raise suspicion that it's ben so long since you did live together.

Of course, you could get married and remove that concern altogether.

ninuzzo82

Jan 30, 2022
Armoured thank you for your respond
yes usually if am off the ship am here in Canada in fact we share everything here in Canada we have all sort of prov that we have being toheter as a couple since then but i appreciate you repond thank you very much

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Armoured thank you for your respond
yes usually if am off the ship am here in Canada in fact we share everything here in Canada we have all sort of prov that we have being toheter as a couple since then but i appreciate you repond thank you very much
Out of curiosity how long are you at sea typically, or put differently, how long are the periods you are in Canada vs outside Canada?

I think you should be okay either way but if your absences are not that long you may be able to just say you are residing together.

cpnraj

Mar 4, 2023
There's no guarantee you'll be let back in, although perhaps unlikely they'd refuse. You may be better off applying for an extension to your visit. Is done online.
Thank you for your suggestion, as per IRCC website i should apply for extension 30 days prior the expiry. But i only have 15 days left. Can i still apply and stay in canada legally?

Kknewb

May 30, 2022
If an inland applicant, PA needs to leave the country while the application is being processed. What are the chances of them having issues when they need to return to Canada? They need to leave for at least a month will that be a problem? They have q valid visitor visa?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your suggestion, as per IRCC website i should apply for extension 30 days prior the expiry. But i only have 15 days left. Can i still apply and stay in canada legally?
I will let others comment on the status but my understanding is it means you will be legally in Canada with a pending app.

And yes, you can apply, note it says you SHOULD apply 30 days before, does not say MUST. My understanding is you can apply up until last day.

But do not wait - if there's any kind of error it's your problem. Hence the logic of apply early.

Xxx2022

Jun 30, 2022
Hello All,

I have sponsored my husband and filed in March 2022. Currently, the file is at NDVO. Most of the march applicants and later date applicants have received PPRs. We received pre arrival letter on Feb 10 with no update following that. The Tracker for us is also not updating and the background check has not started. I reached out to one of the local MPs and was told that the criminal verifications has passed and security checks have not started but should soon as the bring forward date on file is April 6, 2023. Does anybody know what is the difference between both and what exactly do they mean by bring forward date?
Any help would be much appreciated

Reactions: Jacornejo20

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hello All,

I have sponsored my husband and filed in March 2022. Currently, the file is at NDVO. Most of the march applicants and later date applicants have received PPRs. We received pre arrival letter on Feb 10 with no update following that. The Tracker for us is also not updating and the background check has not started. I reached out to one of the local MPs and was told that the criminal verifications has passed and security checks have not started but should soon as the bring forward date on file is April 6, 2023. Does anybody know what is the difference between both and what exactly do they mean by bring forward date?
Any help would be much appreciated
hello, but he told you an estimated date of approval. I also do not understand that it is an advance date because your request was stopped. He told you more details, what IRCC is working on. I am from February 2022 and I am in the same situation

saniyafawad

Mar 13, 2023
Hello everyone. I submitted my and my son's application in September 2022 for pr as my husband sponsored us.
Received biomatric and medical request in December.
Status shows "submitted"
I am waiting for the ppr request.
It had been 6-7 months.
Still no progress.
Can anybody guide me...wht to do and how much time does it takes to receive ppr ?

bunnycat

Mar 23, 2023
Hello everyone. I submitted my and my son's application in September 2022 for pr as my husband sponsored us.
Received biomatric and medical request in December.
Status shows "submitted"
I am waiting for the ppr request.
It had been 6-7 months.
Still no progress.
Can anybody guide me...wht to do and how much time does it takes to receive ppr ?
We have very similar timelines, which is in my signature.

App received in September 2022, medical and biometrics done in December. Status in GCkey is submitted.
PR tracker is eligibility in progress and background check not started.

There is not much we can do but be patient. It really is random which applications get processed quicker or longer than others. Eligibility and background check are the longest and most silent parts of the process. There's really no way to know how much longer it will take for your application but most will be processed within or around one year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Home_13579

Xxx2022

Jun 30, 2022
hello, but he told you an estimated date of approval. I also do not understand that it is an advance date because your request was stopped. He told you more details, what IRCC is working on. I am from February 2022 and I am in the same situation
What do you mean that the request has been stopped.