+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

niks_

Mar 19, 2023
Hi,
I received my PR on Jan 2021 as single applicant.
And in July 2021 I applied for my husband's PR application under Spouse Sponsorship inland Canada class.

We have been living together since May 2019. But being from different religion (my husband is Hindu, and I am Muslim) I was unsure about the future
of this relationship. And we wanted to get approval from our parents.
In Jan/Feb 2020 we went to India for our shake parents did agreed, but the problem was the relatives and community.
But by the time in Jan 2021 I received my PR, and then we got married in May 2021.

And now the visa officer have concern that I (sponsor) fail to disclose the common law partner.
I have received a procedural fairness letter from IRCC stating:

"Having reviewed your application, I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.

Section 125(1) of the Regulations indicates that a foreign national shall not be considered a member
of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class by virtue of their relationship to the sponsor if
(d) subject to subsection (2), the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence
and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a
non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined."

I do not know how can I explain to him that in India, interfaith relationship/marriage is difficult and parents society do not easily accept it.
I got married once I had the confirmation about I have some permanent status in Canada.

Before Procedural Fairness Letter, visa officer asked as to submit relationship timeline where we mention our good things and living together as couple in same house from May 2019. Now, visa officer is using our timeline to prove that I failed to mention common law when I received PR on Jan 2021. And I can not sponsor my spouse in Canada Class.

Please do help, If anyone had experienced the same situation or have knowledge in this kind of matter.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
For the spouse who is being sponsored, what PCC do you recommend? From Local police station or the passport office PSK? and what’s their processing times?
Please respond if anyone is sponsoring their spouse from India
Thanks
Passport office psk is the better option. We applied from mumbai and the process was completed in a weeks time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I do not know how can I explain to him that in India, interfaith relationship/marriage is difficult and parents society do not easily accept it.
I got married once I had the confirmation about I have some permanent status in Canada.

Before Procedural Fairness Letter, visa officer asked as to submit relationship timeline where we mention our good things and living together as couple in same house from May 2019. Now, visa officer is using our timeline to prove that I failed to mention common law when I received PR on Jan 2021. And I can not sponsor my spouse in Canada Class.

Please do help, If anyone had experienced the same situation or have knowledge in this kind of matter.
See a lawyer. Immediately. The firm that sponsors this forum is reputable.

On the surface, it is entirely correct that you failed to declare a common law spouse, as are the potential consequences. "How it is in India" is, bluntly, not the issue. No-one can here can fix that with our (amateur) suggestions, and no-one can reputably promise a lawyer can fix that either. Your best chance is, however, to see with a lawyer how to proceed before you make things worse (as you have already done at several steps).

NP2222

Mar 20, 2023
Hi,
I received my PR on Jan 2021 as single applicant.
And in July 2021 I applied for my husband's PR application under Spouse Sponsorship inland Canada class.

We have been living together since May 2019. But being from different religion (my husband is Hindu, and I am Muslim) I was unsure about the future
of this relationship. And we wanted to get approval from our parents.
In Jan/Feb 2020 we went to India for our shake parents did agreed, but the problem was the relatives and community.
But by the time in Jan 2021 I received my PR, and then we got married in May 2021.

And now the visa officer have concern that I (sponsor) fail to disclose the common law partner.
I have received a procedural fairness letter from IRCC stating:

"Having reviewed your application, I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.

Section 125(1) of the Regulations indicates that a foreign national shall not be considered a member
of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class by virtue of their relationship to the sponsor if
(d) subject to subsection (2), the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence
and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a
non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined."

Don't worry and keep faith in god, be positive everything will be fine... I could recommended that don't move here and there,dont take advices from lot of people.. only best way is to hire qualified immigration lawyer from Canada who is best to solve this type of complicated (easy for them) immigration cases as soon as. if you need any help for it I would like to help you as I can understand the situation when you are in love with different religion's person and when get married and such condition. In india,its really very hard to fight with family and society.so only good lawyer can get good solution for it.

Reactions: Charbk

niks_

Mar 19, 2023
Don't worry and keep faith in god, be positive everything will be fine... I could recommended that don't move here and there,dont take advices from lot of people.. only best way is to hire qualified immigration lawyer from Canada who is best to solve this type of complicated (easy for them) immigration cases as soon as. if you need any help for it I would like to help you as I can understand the situation when you are in love with different religion's person and when get married and such condition. In india,its really very hard to fight with family and society.so only good lawyer can get good solution for it.
Could you please suggest the best immigration lawyer for this kind of cases?

niks_

Mar 19, 2023
Could you suggest the best immigration lawyer for this kind of cases?

Alvis1190

Mar 17, 2023
For the spouse who is being sponsored, what PCC do you recommend? From Local police station or the passport office PSK? and what’s their processing times?
Please respond if anyone is sponsoring their spouse from India
Thanks
From PSK and it took 20 days for me

Alvis1190

Mar 17, 2023
Hello there,
All details show completed on my Application tracker, however, when I check the same in GCkey account which I created last Friday shows still in process/review. Can anyone help here. I received my Pre-arrival service email too.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello there,
All details show completed on my Application tracker, however, when I check the same in GCkey account which I created last Friday shows still in process/review. Can anyone help here. I received my Pre-arrival service email too.
The gckey status will remain the same as it is now till you receive your PPR or RFV email.

Alvis1190

Mar 17, 2023
The gckey status will remain the same as it is now till you receive your PPR or RFV email.
My travel document # too got generated on 8th March 2023 along with the Pre-arrival services letter and all details as completed. Does it mean I can expect the PPR any time soon?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
My travel document # too got generated on 8th March 2023 along with the Pre-arrival services letter and all details as completed. Does it mean I can expect the PPR any time soon?
Yes soon but the time frame depends on your visa office. Ottawa vo takes 4-7 days to send PPR after pre arrival letter, while there is no time frame for NDVO or Mississauga visa office.

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Good Morning All,

I have noticed something in my account today. In the "Review of additional documents" section of my application, it says "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details".

Any Idea?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Good Morning All,

I have noticed something in my account today. In the "Review of additional documents" section of my application, it says "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details".

Any Idea?
Looks like you may need to provide more documents in support of your application. wait for a mail from IRCC telling you exactly what is required.

Reactions: Mareen