+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Paper file, Ottawa, IRCC received file on June 01,2022, AOR, Bio , medical was all done in August, Pre arrival Nov. after that one update is background check stared Jan.03 and complete silence.
Mine was Online application submitted June 17,2022

Rethish2012

Apr 3, 2023
Hello everyone. I am in canada and sponsoring my wife from India . Just submitted application today APR 03 2023. I know it’s a long from here … please share your thoughts on applying visit visa and what’s on next

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Anyone received PPR from New delhi office recently ? Are they even working on spousal files?
Yes, I am in NDVO whatsapp group and from previous 3 weeks they are working way better than before. I am june applicant got ppr last week and I can see so many getting updates recently from this office.

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Yes, I am in NDVO whatsapp group and from previous 3 weeks they are working way better than before. I am june applicant got ppr last week and I can see so many getting updates recently from this office.
Okay thank you ! Hopefully we get it soon too

cbaybutt

Apr 4, 2023
Currently waiting on a conjugal partner visa to come through, our situation is this: me and my partner (we are not married) are both British however he has PR as he works in Canada seasonally in the Canadian fishing industry. I am currently in the UK and work in the film industry. We met two years ago and because of the current living costs in the UK and my partners seasonal work we haven't yet lived in one place longer than a few months. We applied on conjugal as we are not married and haven't been able to live together for so many reasons but wondering now if this is the best option for us? Or whether to cancel and do spousal or whether to leave it and see what happens?

As we have read on here, it seems conjugal means basically if you can go to Canada for 6 months then there is no barriers to immigration? But that means living there for 6 months with me not working and on a single wage?! The fact we both want to work and live in Canada but we are not married....I am not sure what we are to do? Other than get married and reapply haha. So any information would be so helpful to us as we can't even track how our application is doing. Or maybe I reapply on a film industry visa? If I haven't explained this properly happy to refine details.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Other than get married and reapply haha.
Get married and reapply. Seriously. Your conjugal will be denied because there is no legal barrier to either marriage or common law, nor an immigration barrier - because as a brit you could get on a plane tomorrow.

Or maybe I reapply on a film industry visa? If I haven't explained this properly happy to refine details.
You can apply in parallel for any other type of visa you might qualify, such as this or working holiday or other. You can of course come to Canada tomorrow with the restriction that you wouldn't be able to work.

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hi, I applied spousal pr Outland application in august.my wife did biometrics and medical passed in the month of February but after that we get nothing.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Received PA and eligibility completed on March 29, background still shows not started. How long from here?

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hello, need technical help on how to sign PDF forms where IRCC is asking, "You must sign this form electronically, no print out or scan" and on the other hand, PDF is not allowing to e-signature. any tips, would be helpful?