+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

pkhs22

Sep 22, 2022
Hello There,

May I know when ca I accept the CoPR email as the document number is generated in the portal but I haven't received an email regarding the same:

Application received by IRCC: July 19th, 2022.
Sponsorship approval: October 7th, 2022.
Biometric requeted: 8th October, 2022.
Medical completed: Nov 08, 2022
Eligibilty completed: Mar 07, 2023
Background verification: Mar 07, 2023.
Pre Arrival letter: Mar 08, 2023
Interview: Not required.
Decision made: Mar 08, 2023
CoPR - Updated in portal
CoPR email - Not received

Regards,
Alvis
Similar situation here, paper outland July application. Everything in PR Tracker done, pre arrival letter in GCKey and decision made in ECAS on March 9, waiting for passport request or CoPR in email.
I think for outland applicants it may take 1 - 2 weeks, but can be up to a month. Hoping for the best

Reactions: Alvis1190

Alvis1190

Mar 17, 2023
Similar situation here, paper outland July application. Everything in PR Tracker done, pre arrival letter in GCKey and decision made in ECAS on March 9, waiting for passport request or CoPR in email.
I think for outland applicants it may take 1 - 2 weeks, but can be up to a month. Hoping for the best
Thank Dear :)

lovecanada11

Mar 17, 2023
Hi Folks !

I have a particular query if someone can assist me on this

Am a Canadian Citizen staying out of Canada currently, I have recently married and would want to move back to Canada with her

I am planning to apply her under Family Sponsorship, however I do not have any arranged employment or studying plans yet in Canada as I was reading the approval can take around a year and it would be too soon now to start looking for a job there

Can I still sponsor my spouse ? And on what reason I would have that we are planning to move back to Canada ?

TIA

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
I am not sure, what document corresponds to what category?
Should I upload all the ones that I don't understand under the other category?

Or is there a guide/video/link on the same?
Please advice me on the same

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Folks !

I have a particular query if someone can assist me on this

Am a Canadian Citizen staying out of Canada currently, I have recently married and would want to move back to Canada with her

I am planning to apply her under Family Sponsorship, however I do not have any arranged employment or studying plans yet in Canada as I was reading the approval can take around a year and it would be too soon now to start looking for a job there

Can I still sponsor my spouse ? And on what reason I would have that we are planning to move back to Canada ?

TIA
You can sponsor your spouse, you will have to show aspects of intent to return when you apply.

If the officer thinks the info presented is insufficient, you would get follow-up request for more information, and possibly a procedural fairness (warning they will reject if you don't convince them).

You do not need to show everything now, but it's in your interests to provide as much as you can. If your evidence is thin now, it may be in your interests to plan to return to Canada before your spouse's PR is finalized - get settled, look for a job, etc - and update IRCC of your arrival. Because actually returning to Canada is pretty good evidence of intent to do so.

There are other threads here on this (not very recently but last year at least), search and read through those for how others have handled.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hello There,

May I know when ca I accept the CoPR email as the document number is generated in the portal but I haven't received an email regarding the same:

Application received by IRCC: July 19th, 2022.
Sponsorship approval: October 7th, 2022.
Biometric requeted: 8th October, 2022.
Medical completed: Nov 08, 2022
Eligibilty completed: Mar 07, 2023
Background verification: Mar 07, 2023.
Pre Arrival letter: Mar 08, 2023
Interview: Not required.
Decision made: Mar 08, 2023
CoPR - Updated in portal
CoPR email - Not received

Regards,
Alvis
My spouse's took 20 days to become available for download from the day the document was updated in the portal, others took much less and some took a lot longer. Not very helpful though, but hope it's enough to be a reference to look forward to.

pkhs22

Sep 22, 2022
Whenever I try to add my existing application to GC key account, it says no application found. Can anyone help me here
Is yours paper based? I had similar issue in the beginning when linking the application.

Try different combinations, like using file number or UCI number with place of birth, first name last name, passport number, date of birth, etc. Make sure the spellings are exactly the same as you used in your application.

Alvis1190

Mar 17, 2023
Is yours paper based? I had similar issue in the beginning when linking the application.

Try different combinations, like using file number or UCI number with place of birth, first name last name, passport number, date of birth, etc. Make sure the spellings are exactly the same as you used in your application.
Mine is paper based. I tried everything but still doesn't work. It still gives me the below error:

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

If you still have trouble, contact us.

Alvis1190

Mar 17, 2023
Ir
Mine is paper based. I tried everything but still doesn't work. It still gives me the below error:

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

If you still have trouble, contact us.
It's now updated ... thank you!!!

Reactions: pkhs22

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
In order to pay for Sponsorship fee,
do I need to login into my account i.e. Sponsor's account?
or can I login into Principal Applicant's Account and pay the fees?

Kkarora

Jan 25, 2023
For the spouse who is being sponsored, what PCC do you recommend? From Local police station or the passport office PSK? and what’s their processing times?
Please respond if anyone is sponsoring their spouse from India
Thanks