+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Your reasoning makes sense, but this was the case before as well, when they took about the same amount of time (not to mention years ago when outland applications were so much faster that applicants in Canada were filing outland to benefit from that).

I'm not saying you're not right, just saying that we can't necessarily follow from logic (however sensible!) to conclusion.

Nor, for that matter, assume that what has been happening recently will continue.

That said, if I were applying now, I'd roll the dice and apply inland, too (if I could).
We all know how IRCC processes applications rarely makes sense these days so my guess is as good as yours. I'm just noticing trends like that. I remember before outland was faster than inland indeed and I think passing to online only might have changed things around.

Reactions: armoured

Nunavut28

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
hello all, I'm almost ready to submit my application, can someone advise me how I'm gonna upload my digital photo into system? IRCC wants to see back of the photo as well I think? I'm confused, can anyone advise me how to upload photo?

Nunavut28

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
morning all, I'm almost ready to submit my application, can someone advise me on how I'm gonna upload my digital photo into the system? IRCC wants to see back of the photo as well I think? I'm confused, can anyone advise me on how to upload a photo? any luck to advise how to upload my digital photo in the system?

• Angry
Reactions: aaron_matthew

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good evening everyone. My PR visa application was denied March 14, 2022. please I want help/advise should I apply for PR again or just visitor visa? My wife visited after the denied PR. it took Ghana visa office 2 years and 7 months to get the PR denied. Below was the refused letter. Advise please

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.

Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or (b) is not genuine.

Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns during your interview, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.
I would recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer. You can also search for the thread in this section of the forum that deals with appeals. Applying again won't necessarily solve anything. You have to overcome the reasons for the refusal. It sounds like IRCC raised concerns in your interview but you were unfortunately not able to address them to their satisfaction. Order your GCMS notes and also read through the posts in the appeals thread. Note that if you are the applicant, a visitor visa is very unlikely to be approved due to the sponsorship application refusal.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
morning all, I'm almost ready to submit my application, can someone advise me on how I'm gonna upload my digital photo into the system? IRCC wants to see back of the photo as well I think? I'm confused, can anyone advise me on how to upload a photo? any luck to advise how to upload my digital photo in the system? i have paper shows i took photo in Shoppers. should we upload both of them?
You have posted this question three times in the same thread, the non-answers the first two times should have lead you to think about this further. My question to you is how do you normally upload a photo? If it requires that you upload both the front and back of the photo, perhaps that’s what you should be doing?

I would also advise logging into the digital system to see what it requires.

Reactions: aaron_matthew

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
I was finally able to create my sponsorship tracker tool account and saw that they have the wrong residential address. My firm mentioned this new platform has many kinks and are continuously working on it and so raising a web form to update the address is not needed (as they'll most likely not bother updating it). Since we provided the right information on the application is sufficient, and also, all communications goes to the firm anyway.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
morning all, I'm almost ready to submit my application, can someone advise me on how I'm gonna upload my digital photo into the system? IRCC wants to see back of the photo as well I think? I'm confused, can anyone advise me on how to upload a photo? any luck to advise how to upload my digital photo in the system? i have paper shows i took photo in Shoppers. should we upload both of them?
Is the photo a passport photo or relationship photos ? For passport photo, you scan both sides (or if you have 2 photos, put 1 front and 1 back side by side and scan it). For relationship photos, no need to upload the back as those are digital photos. Just upload up to 20 photos and join a document which describe each photo (with the filename of each photo to reference the photo to the description).

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the photo a passport photo or relationship photos ? For passport photo, you scan both sides (or if you have 2 photos, put 1 front and 1 back side by side and scan it). For relationship photos, no need to upload the back as those are digital photos. Just upload up to 20 photos and join a document which describe each photo (with the filename of each photo to reference the photo to the description).
I suspect that @Nunavut28 is asking about the 2 photos for the PR Card, not relationship photos. The specs can be found, here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

Reactions: Nunavut28

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
I was finally able to create my sponsorship tracker tool account and saw that they have the wrong residential address. My firm mentioned this new platform has many kinks and are continuously working on it and so raising a web form to update the address is not needed (as they'll most likely not bother updating it). Since we provided the right information on the application is sufficient, and also, all communications goes to the firm anyway.
Couple things that may be the issue:

If you have an authorized representative, the address on your account would be theirs, not yours (as all communication is sent to them).

If you’ve previously applied (this stream or others), the address when you link will still show the address of previous application. They don’t update in the tracker until you get to end stage.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Couple things that may be the issue:

If you have an authorized representative, the address on your account would be theirs, not yours (as all communication is sent to them).

If you’ve previously applied (this stream or others), the address when you link will still show the address of previous application. They don’t update in the tracker until you get to end stage.
Adding another point - Not sure what exactly you mean by wrong residential address. is it your one of the old addresses or completely unrelated address?

If it is one of your old addresses then it can be ignored. It happened in our case too and we raised web forms to IRCC. They replied that they are seeing the right addresses against our application.

But if it's a totally unrelated address then I would suggest you raise the web form. It doesn't hurt.

Reactions: whozarm

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adding another point - Not sure what exactly you mean by wrong residential address. is it your one of the old addresses or completely unrelated address?

If it is one of your old addresses then it can be ignored. It happened in our case too and we raised web forms to IRCC. They replied that they are seeing the right addresses against our application.

But if it's a totally unrelated address then I would suggest you raise the web form. It doesn't hurt.
I believe they are saying that if using a representative, the address would NOT be the address of the PR applicant, or sponsor. It would be the address of the representative.

Reactions: whozarm

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022

Exactly, same thing with us. The address for the representative for my partner’s old application was listed when he got into the portal, no representative this time and it corrected itself to our new address just before approval was issued.

Reactions: Banu02

gen121

May 20, 2010
Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.
I have a similar issue that this quoted portion seems to address, but I will need some further advise.
I submitted my application in May of 2022 as an inland applicant being sponsored by my wife. We got married in 2021.
Since my second marriage (my Wife filed for a divorce irrespective of my appeals) my Children cut off communication with me. I have done my best to reconnect with them to no avail.

IRCC wrote me earlier asking that I include my last daughter in my application (who turned 22 years old, two months after I applied). I replied IRCC, stating that I can not reach her by any means. They wrote back specifically asking for her to submit Police report, show proof of medical examination, fill some forms with her signature.
The issue is she is not replying to my communications and I doubt if she will be willing to go through all the rigors IRCC is requesting, and I have a deadline of 1st of March 2023 (in 3 weeks time) to send her documents to IRCC.

What is the best way to respond to this situation such that my inability to reach my daughter doesn't jeopardize my application? How do I prove that I can not reach her to get her participation? Or how do I get past this obstacle?

Thank you very much for your advise.

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I have couple questions, please help answer it:
Application type: Spouse sponsorship Outland

1. Under the address and employment sections, what do we enter under the 'To' field if the address/job is current/ongoing ? the 'To' field only accepts input in the following format: YYYY-MM
for eg: form imm 5532 Part A - Employment history

2. My spouse has made one international travel and has Entry/exit stamps on passport. Are we required to submit these pages too when we submit passport document under Travel documents and passports? or just front and back of the passport?
Thanks

Last edited:

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi all,
I have couple questions, please help answer it:
Application type: Spouse sponsorship Outland

1. Under the address and employment sections, what do we enter under the 'To' field if the address/job is current/ongoing ? the 'To' field only accepts input in the following format: YYYY-MM
for eg: form imm 5532 Part A - Employment history

2. My spouse has made one international travel and has Entry/exit stamps on passport. Are we required to submit these pages too when we submit passport document under Travel documents and passports? or just front and back of the passport?
Thanks
1. - Just write month and year at the time when you want to submit your application
2. It is better to send passport copy with marked pages

Reactions: rajeshb220591