+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I applied for spousal sponsorship outland from
Quebec. Now im at process medical and background check is done and i applied for CSQ in feb 2022. MIFI (quebec immigration) asked me for additional documents. I sent them back and after that i did not heared anything from them. Its been a year i am waiting for CSQ. Now i decided to move to onatrio because i have better job opportunity. My question is do i have to withdrawal my sponsorship file or i can move to ontario with just a notice to IRCC with proof of new resident and it will be fine.
any recommendations please advice me, thanks.
If you are moving to Ontario with an application still in process, be aware it is possible they will request additional forms as some forms are skipped for Quebec applicants.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

QC Spousal Sponsorship - Outland (spouse in UAE)
Submitted: October 26, 2022
AOR: January 7, 2023
SA: January 18, 2023
CSQ: in the process of applying
VO: London

Is it normal for our file to go to the London VO? Is this randomly selected?
Hi, our VO is also london. Spouse in UAE. We were told their processing times are fairly faster there so let’s hope we hear back soon. we applied on sept 1 2022 and no updates since medical upload in dec 2022.

Reactions: Banu02

Ar6464

Jul 29, 2019
If you are moving to Ontario with an application still in process, be aware it is possible they will request additional forms as some forms are skipped for Quebec applicants.
Yes i am aware of this, processing times will be longer but still IRCC is better than Quebec immigration. If you have any more suggestion which can help me please let me know, Thank you.

Reactions: Xilikon

brownn

Feb 10, 2020
Good evening everyone. My PR visa application was denied March 14, 2022. please I want help/advise should I apply for PR again or just visitor visa? My wife visited after the denied PR. it took Ghana visa office 2 years and 7 months to get the PR denied. Below was the refused letter. Advise please

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.

Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or (b) is not genuine.

Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns during your interview, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.

Last edited:

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
Hi, our VO is also london. Spouse in UAE. We were told their processing times are fairly faster there so let’s hope we hear back soon. we applied on sept 1 2022 and no updates since medical upload in dec 2022.
We applied October 26, 2022 and the latest update is my spouse was exempted from BIL but we haven't received medical request yet. We also just applied for CSQ.

Does the PA receive any letters or does it all go to the immi consultant?

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
We applied October 26, 2022 and the latest update is my spouse was exempted from BIL but we haven't received medical request yet. We also just applied for CSQ.

All our communications from ircc are going the the immigration consultant. We are unable to track the process ourselves. Goodluck!

Reactions: Banu02

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022

If you have appointed a representative, all communication will be sent to the representative only with exception to the portal invite at the end (if inland), this goes to the PA.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm about to file an inland spousal PR application for my soon to be husband after marriage, he has been in Canada for 1.5 years now on a Closed WP. Any idea what are the typical processing timelines nowadays? IRCC website timelines have been grossly inaccurate for other categories so assuming that inland spousal PR timelines are also not right. We have a critical overseas travel later this year which cannot be delayed if he gets stuck waiting for PR Card. Hoping for better clarity from this group!
The only real advantage for most applicants choosing the SCPLC (Inland application) is that once they receive the AOR email from IRCC, they can then apply for the OWP (if they have legal status). If your soon to be husband's WP is valid for another year, or so, you might consider submitting an Outland application as they used to be faster to process...but no idea if that's still the case. One advantage is that unlike an Inland applicant, Outland applicants do not need to remain in Canada during the process.

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
If you have appointed a representative, all communication will be sent to the representative only with exception to the portal invite at the end (if inland), this goes to the PA.
Thank you!
I the sponsor have not been able to access the portal - it’s not working.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The only real advantage for most applicants choosing the SCPLC (Inland application) is that once they receive the AOR email from IRCC, they can then apply for the OWP (if they have legal status). If your soon to be husband's WP is valid for another year, or so, you might consider submitting an Outland application as they used to be faster to process...but no idea if that's still the case. One advantage is that unlike an Inland applicant, Outland applicants do not need to remain in Canada during the process.
There have been comments here recently that the inland process is now faster, but I have not been following the tracker spreadsheets myself.

Reactions: Ponga

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
There have been comments here recently that the inland process is now faster, but I have not been following the tracker spreadsheets myself.
Original poster - the link to the forum tracking spreadsheet is in my signature and it’s split out between outland/inland and the month applied. Have a look to gauge what the trends for processing time have been recently.

Reactions: armoured

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Our November Inland group already has 4 applications with eCoPR in less than 3 months tracked in the spreadsheet.

Reactions: whozarm

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I see a lot of posts on fb and here about inland getting eCOPR within 6 months or less. There is even one which got it after just 3 months so I can safely assume inland is now much quicker than outland.

One of the possible reasons for the speed is that those who are already here are prescreened beforehand via the TRV or eTA. Thus speeding the rest.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
One of the possible reasons for the speed is that those who are already here are prescreened beforehand via the TRV or eTA. Thus speeding the rest.
Your reasoning makes sense, but this was the case before as well, when they took about the same amount of time (not to mention years ago when outland applications were so much faster that applicants in Canada were filing outland to benefit from that).

I'm not saying you're not right, just saying that we can't necessarily follow from logic (however sensible!) to conclusion.

Nor, for that matter, assume that what has been happening recently will continue.

That said, if I were applying now, I'd roll the dice and apply inland, too (if I could).