+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
lol no it doesint take that long cuz i have lots of family member here in regina that got married in iraq and did the same thing i am and it takes about 5 or 6 months my cuzin brought his wife in 2 months 10 days cuz all his paper work was really good.. are they going to send me mail or phone call if im approved?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Well, then good luck to you if it happens faster than 13 months.

It doesn't matter where she did the medical as long as it was a DMP and she selected the correct visa office.

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
well can't do anything but wait and hang on hopefully i just hear that i got approved thats the first step lol

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone...

I just have a question on the ADR conference if anyone has had experience with this, success or not pls tell me your story...
I have mine on december 12th in montreal, i am sponsoring my hubby from Morocco and we got refused but we were selected for the ADR instead of the court of appeal.

Thanks

M

magpie

It is good to hope on the dates stated on CIC site but reality is everyone is different and every agent works differently. Some approvals from July have been sooner than the posted date and some still waiting now 85 days. After about one week that passes from the posted date then call the CIC and maybe your file has been started and you will get an Client ID number. Yes this process is stressful but only you can relieve that stress. Think possitive and hope for the best but also expect the worst (waiting time). It is so easy to get wrapped up in the waiting dates that CIC posted and can cause unneccessary stress. If you believe that your documents are all in order and you have submitted everything and you are completely honest, then you should have nothing to fear. It is just a waiting time. "Good things come to those who wait" "Patience is a virtue". Worrying about it is not going to make it go any faster, only make you sicker. Sit back relax and before you know it it will be there. As for people who are afraid if their applications have not been received. Take it from me... I feared the same but if you printed out the tracking from the internet and it says it has been recieved then believe it. Time... just time.

Myself, I am lucky... I am spending this time with my spouse as I am not required to be in Canda during this process. Being together does help eliminate most of the stress. We have each other to lean on and support. Good luck to everyone

macabanting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-09-2012
Med's Request
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
28-02-2013
hello everyone!! just want to ask if magkaiba ang pag apply ng spousal sponsorship sa spouse open permit? and how po mag apply ng spousal sponsorship?
thanks,
hope to hear from anyone soon...

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
I'm very confused...

Can anyone help?

I'm Canadian, and my husband is American...
We got married April 21, 2011.
We were told by someone that he could be with me here, as long as he was not working..and he has been with me since the end of August.
Now, I've been doing some reading regarding inland applications - and it looks like he may not be eligible?

Is this true?

Is he not able to live here with me? I'm very confused.
I was also told that we do not have to apply inland, even if he is living with me?
Have I made this very complicated for him and I?

HELP!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brightredscream said:
Now, I've been doing some reading regarding inland applications - and it looks like he may not be eligible?
I don't understand why you are so confused. Why would he not be eligible for inland?

brightredscream said:
Is he not able to live here with me? I'm very confused.
As a US citizen, he may stay in Canada as a visitor for up to 6 months but he can not work or study. He may take courses that are shorter than 6 months and do not grant him college credits. If he has a passport stamp or a visitor record from his entry to Canada so he can prove when he entered, he can apply to extend his visitor status if he wants to stay longer.

brightredscream said:
I was also told that we do not have to apply inland, even if he is living with me?
That is true. In order to apply inland, he must be in Canada. It is even advised that he do not leave Canada during processing because if for any reason he couldn't get back in, the inland application gets cancelled because he would not be in Canada any more.

In order to apply outland, he may be anywhere, in the US, in Canada or in a 3rd country. It is his right to apply outland and have his application processed in his country of nationality. Due to processing times, it is advisable for US citizens to apply outland rather than inland.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Thank you Leon...
He says that the border did not stamp his passport when he drove through?

So what would that entail for proof of length of stay?

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Hello All,

After 6 months there was finally an online update about our spousal application in Pretoria - his medicals have arrived - although we did the medicals in March and we were approved in Mississauga on June 2. However, they Pretoria still hasn't notified us if he needs an interview, if we need anymore documents or sent us this "AOR" thing that everyone keeps talking about.

I'm nervous. No one can tell me if this is normal and CIC says they can't respond to any questions about outland applications. I've emailed Pretoria but of course, they haven't responded.

Should we be worried?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
malawi said:
Hello All,

After 6 months there was finally an online update about our spousal application in Pretoria - his medicals have arrived - although we did the medicals in March and we were approved in Mississauga on June 2. However, they Pretoria still hasn't notified us if he needs an interview, if we need anymore documents or sent us this "AOR" thing that everyone keeps talking about.

I'm nervous. No one can tell me if this is normal and CIC says they can't respond to any questions about outland applications. I've emailed Pretoria but of course, they haven't responded.

Should we be worried?
No, you shouldn't be worried, in fact, this is a good sign! Medicals received means they are close to making a decision. The AOR is not sent by every visa office, and even some that send it, don't send it to everyone.

Keep your phones close, or keep a close eye on your email (don't forget to check spam!), your passport request may not be very far behind!

ailvin_1205

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Nomination.....
11-07-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
15-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.......
Good Day everyone

I am a Filipino Citizen and currently living here in the Philippines and my wife is a Filipina also and a resident of Regina, Saskatchewan for 3 years now. Here were the achievements and details of our application to sponsor me to Canada:

June 2, 2011 Application received at Saskatchewan (Application of my wife to sponsor me)
July 11, 2011 Started processing my wife's Sponsorial Application and also sent a letter to wife referring to the decision.
August 15, 2011 Canadian Embassy in Manila received and approved my wife's application to sponsor me
August 19,2011 I received a letter dated August 16,2011 requesting to submit my passport and other documents (Advisory on Marriages by NSO)
August 22, 2011 Passport and add.documents dropped off at Manila office basement
September 22, 2011 My mailing address appeared on CIC Canada/On-line Services Website
October 5,2011 Already 8 weeks have passed since dropped off but still NO Passport with Visa receive and still waiting for results

Please feel free to help or give your opinions about our Application... Thanks and Godbless