Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
hello i'm egyptian :

please can anyone answer me i need help
i got letter from imffgration office in canada said that im applyed and i have done step one. and step two its in the canadian embassy in my country (cairo) egypt,
and i have a number of my file and i dont know what i have to do so if anyone know anything can help in this topic please inform me

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Your spouse has been approved to sponsor you? Then this letter is your Acknowledgement of Receipt. You don't need to do anything else at this time. If the embassy requires anything further from you, you will be advised.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
ayad said:
I sent my application on aug 2nd they got it aug 4th still havint heard anything from missisgua i live in regina sponoring my wife from iraq she did her medical stuf in turkey and im getting worried its been like 2 months and not a word from them yet i would feel good if they said your papers are good and so on but its getting stupid now can anyone tell me when i should expect to hear something or whats the hold up plz
They are currently taking 69 days working on July 29th applications....you will just have to keep waiting to hear from Mississauga about the sponsors approval, then it will be transferred to the visa office of your country!!

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
thanks you very much
but do you know how long its take

Nancync

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
11-02-2011
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
21-02-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
11-01-2012 by phone
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2012
LANDED..........
hopefully...2nd week of feb
Can Anyone tell me how much time it will take to issue visa after medical is done??? I have applied in January under Spouse category still waiting for my visa... :-[

F

Frank25

Me and my Fiancé met in april this year, we started a relationship and we are planning on getting married this month, so what do you recomend me? we do have a genuine relatioship and it,s very serious, I met almost all her family, mother, brother, aunts, uncles, best and closer friends etc. my visa expires in dec 24 2011 but she is 6 months pregnant and we don't want to be away from each other for the delivery of the baby.
because if I live I won't be there and it's our first child, our thing is real and true. what do you recomend me? I will really appreciate your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frank25 said:
Me and my Fiancé met in april this year, we started a relationship and we are planning on getting married this month, so what do you recomend me? we do have a genuine relatioship and it,s very serious, I met almost all her family, mother, brother, aunts, uncles, best and closer friends etc. my visa expires in dec 24 2011 but she is 6 months pregnant and we don't want to be away from each other for the delivery of the baby.
because if I live I won't be there and it's our first child, our thing is real and true. what do you recomend me? I will really appreciate your help.
What is your status in Canada now? If you want to make sure you don't have to leave, you would apply for inland sponsorship + to extend your visit visa or restore status if it is expired + open work permit in one package. That way you stay legal because your first stage approval and open work permit take 10-11 months on average. You should not leave Canada while your application is being processed. The processing time for outland may be faster depending on from where you are but there is a chance if you are asked for interview that you would have to leave for it and if you are refused, you would have to stay outside during your appeal. Inland can of course also go bad if refused. You would not get first stage approval, would be stuck in Canada without being able to work and it can take a year or two to get an inland interview sometimes and after the interview, there are no appeal rights with inland. You should therefore work hard on your application to prove your relationship to be genuine etc. and not leave any loose ends.

RKDG

May 31, 2011
BANGLADESH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

I am Bangladeshi, and my wife is a sponsor, (Canada). Please help me and need advise also how many days have to wait for my interview. I quote below a latter received from Singapore,

“Date : September 1, 2011

Dear ……………………………..

CASE STATUS / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

ONLY THOSE ITEMS MARKED WITH AND “√” ARE APPLICABLE TO YOUR CASE:

√ You are on our interview list. Our next contact with you will be to advise you of
the time, date and location of your interview. Please wait to hear from us.

√ Please be advised that application which require interview fall outside normal
processing standards. The current queue for an interview is approximately 24
months. While you application is awaiting interview, we will not accept, respond
to, or attach to your file and correspondence, except: change of address or contact
information, including `change of E-mail address: change of immigration
representative, change of marital status or family composition; request for
withdrawal of your application.

√ We returning all of the documentary evidence that you submitted in support of
your relationship with your sponsor, you may wish to bring this and any other
material with you to the interview. Do not bring duplicated and phone cards.
Please note that ALL documentation – letters, E-mails etc – must be translated
into one of Canada’s official languages, either English or French, Otherwise,
these documents cannot be considered as proof of relationship and there is no
point in bringing them to the interview.”

sulumor

Sep 12, 2011
Can anyone clarify me on this ?

I want to put as evidence the list of emails, as they are thousands.

But I dont want to print its content, its like invading privacy...

Do someone know if I need to show the content of our letters or it's enough to have a print with names and dates ?

Thank you very much, this is a tricky one.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sulumor said:
Can anyone clarify me on this ?

I want to put as evidence the list of emails, as they are thousands.

But I dont want to print its content, its like invading privacy...

Do someone know if I need to show the content of our letters or it's enough to have a print with names and dates ?

Thank you very much, this is a tricky one.
Some people have taken screen shots of their email inbox and outbox showing the list of emails going between them with times and dates. You should probably also print out some of the emails. If the content is too juicy, you can black out what you don't want to show.

tonee

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 22, 2011
hi.... i have a quetion and i hope someone can help me... its regarding the new barcode... where will i place the barcode copy?? is it only at the front page?? so it means i have to print only one copy of the barcode???? please help me.... if someone knows the answer please send me a personal message, it would be much appreciated... thank you very much and God bless....

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, and found it very interesting... I'm sponsoring my husband from accra, ghana. Just wanted to share with you my timeline for my spousal sponsorship as i found it very helpful for those who posted theirs:

cic rec'vd appl: July 8, 2011
cic approved appl: Sept 9, 2011
cic forwarded appl for Perm. Residence: Sept 9, 2011

Now, i'm waiting patiently.... ::)

easykiwi

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
11-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-02-2012
Thanks for sharing. Well, from what I'm seeing on this forum alot of people seem to be getting their applications processed at roughly the timing estimated by the website +/-. That's encouraging, I estimate I've still got a couple of weeks left till I should hear about the first stage but it's nice to have a rough idea at least. Now I just need to discipline myself to just wait patiently ;D