+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Question about spousal sponsorship immigration.

If my spouse and I applied for immigration previously, it was approved for both of us. I came to Canada to live. On the other hand, she stayed in our home country (due to her employment and elderly parents) and didn't came to Canada to keep her PR status. Fast forward several years, can she apply for spousal sponsorship?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question about spousal sponsorship immigration.

If my spouse and I applied for immigration previously, it was approved for both of us. I came to Canada to live. On the other hand, she stayed in our home country (due to her employment and elderly parents) and didn't came to Canada to keep her PR status. Fast forward several years, can she apply for spousal sponsorship?
Yes, no issues.

Liimbo

Jan 9, 2023
I recently applied for my PR through the inland common-law/spouse sponsorship program. We paid the work permit and open work permit fee with the initial application we submitted online. Do I also need to submit a separate work permit application now, or is it a part of the application process for PR? I also already applied for an extension on my visitor record so as to not have to leave the country while it is being processed and am not sure if I can have two separate applications at the same time (for both visitor and work permit).

im.ran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

Has anyone from Pakistan applied for Spousal Sponsorship application in such a way that they do a Nikah ceremony in Pakistan and apply for spousal sponsorship and then after the approval of sponsorship go back to Pakistan and do big wedding and Valima ceremonies?

I heard that one need to show two separate events in spousal application representative of Wedding and Valima Ceremonies. I will appreciate if anyone can advise.

Thank you.

Tacho124

Dec 30, 2022
Hello,
I applied for outland Spousal Sponsorship in January 2022. All checks and medical have passed since 20 November 2022.
I called IRCC and I was told that application is in final review since 22 November 2020. Last ghost update is 01 Dec 2022. No COPR yet
Is it normal for the final review to take this long?
Please advise.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Hello,
I applied for outland Spousal Sponsorship in January 2022. All checks and medical have passed since 20 November 2022.
I called IRCC and I was told that application is in final review since 22 November 2020. Last ghost update is 01 Dec 2022. No COPR yet
Is it normal for the final review to take this long?
Please advise.
Yes

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Experienced Members,

I have a question for which I am seeking advise if anybody has been in the similar boat..
I currently have the visitor visa for canada and I am waiting for ECOPR but have to make an unavoidable travel soon outside the country.

Will I be able to travel back on the visitor visa in case I do not receive ECOPR?

Any suggestions on what will be wise here is much appreciated, Thanks!

Reactions: munnajazbaati

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Someone sponsoring their spouse, which do they select for paying sponsorship fees and what is Biometrics?

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($490) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)
OR
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($490)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Experienced Members,

I have a question for which I am seeking advise if anybody has been in the similar boat..
I currently have the visitor visa for canada and I am waiting for ECOPR but have to make an unavoidable travel soon outside the country.

Will I be able to travel back on the visitor visa in case I do not receive ECOPR?

Any suggestions on what will be wise here is much appreciated, Thanks!
How long is your planned travel?