+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Greg GG

Jan 11, 2023
Hello friends!

Hope this is the right place to ask a sponsorship question.
I'm a Canadian PR sponsoring my Russian wife to come to Canada. Here's our timeline:
Application Submitted: Dec 17, 2021
An email saying i meet sponsor criteria: March 2022
Medical Exam request: April 4, 2022
Medical Exam done (Istanbul): April 20, 2022
Medical Exam passed on CIC portal: October 13, 2022

Nothing happened since October. All other statuses, including Sponsorship eligibility, are at default values.
Now, our biggest concern is that the medical exam results should expire in April 2023, which is just 3 months from now. Can it happen, that IRCC keeps silence until then? And then what, we need to pay over $1000 to fly to another city and do another medical exam? That doesn't seem right provided that IRCC requested the medical exam themselves, so I would expect them to honor the validity period. It's not about the money, I'm just hoping that we can expect a final decision before April.

The processing office is in Warsaw. I've sent them a number of messages, they reply after about 2 months saying "your application is in progress".
Any thoughts on this?

Dalwinder987

Jan 5, 2023
Our application submitted for sponsor a member of the family class. Our File received on 18 March 2022 to Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Applicant Biometric Updated on 30 June 2022 and medical updated on 14 July 2022. After medical We have no more updates received regarding to our application. No more ghost updates received on our file. Last ghost updated is on 30 November 2022.

mingdong

Jan 4, 2023
I'm happy to share an important record below, which is an email message sent by Deputy Minister to a stakeholder on January 11 2023.

There are three key things in her message:

1. IRCC is working on a policy to facilitate TRVs for spouses AND children abroad while they wait for the finalization of PR spousal sponsorship
2. IRCC acknowledged the gap in issuing AORs to outland applicants as opposed to inland applicants and is fixing this
3. IRCC acknowledged the issue with returned applications due to the system not recognizing properly the electronic vs handwritten signatures on form, and is fixing this

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 10:57 AM Fox.Christiane <Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca> wrote:

Good evening Mr Burlotte,

I have decided to reply directly to your message, without copying the CBC, which you added in our last exchange.
Thank you for your response to my email sent on January 2nd. In our various exchanges, you highlight some important points that I wish to clarify. I have provide some explanation below but I would be open to scheduling some time with you for my team to discuss further.

First, You’ve indicated that that the Department has not begun the issuance of temporary resident status to spouses and children abroad while they wait for the processing of their permanent residency application. While this is accurate, I can confirm that this is something the Department is actively working on and updates will be provided to the public as soon as we are in a position to do so. My previous correspondence was making reference to the fact that various measures were developed in light of the Minister’s mandate letter.

With regards to the statement about systemic discrimination depending on the PA’s race, nationality or the country where principal applicant resides, I would start by clarifying that normally, applications are processed on a first-in first-out basis. Every application is handled on a case-by-case basis. IRCC moves applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible, which means applications may not be processed at or decided upon by decision makers at the office closest to where a client lives, or where an application is submitted. It is also important to note that during the pandemic, IRCC adjusted processing activities due to the various boarder restrictions, hence focusing on the in-Canada population

With regards to the table you presented showing the difference in processing times for inland and outland cases, the Department has commitment to sending AoRs (Acknowledgement of Reception) for both streams within 10 weeks of receipt. While it is true that inland applicants currently receive their Acknowledgement of Reception quicker than applicants from outside Canada, both FC Inland and outland applications fall within the 10-week Acknowledgement of Reception (AoR) commitment. Efforts are being made to more closely align the time it takes for AoRs to be sent for these lines of businesses.

Thank you for raising the issues around applications being rejected by the portal. I have asked the teams to look into the claims that applications are being rejected for incorrect signatures and will ensure this is addressed.

Lastly, you mentioned the F12 trick that enables clients to see information about the progress of IRCC applications. I can confirm that this previous “IT bug” was fixed in the Spring of 2022. Clients are no longer able to see such information - Thank you for flagging this to us.

If interested, my office will contact you in order to setup a meeting to discuss these issues further and in more detail.

Christiane Fox

Deputy Minister, Office of the Deputy Minister
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca

Sous-ministre, Bureau du sous-ministre
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca

pp2289

Sep 20, 2022
After Contacting The Ircc, I Was Informed That I Had Passed All The Medical, Eligibility, And Background Checks. The Next Step Is To Complete Your Portal Conformation. I Contacted 3 Direct Agents; They Confirmed The Same. tracking pr application THE SAME
@mmoo can you please provide your timeline for inland sponsorship ?

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident in a long distance marriage and want to sponsor my husband who is a British citizen in the UK currently. Can I file his sponsorship application while being a PR and then leave Canada to join him in the UK meanwhile his application is being processed ?
Thank you

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I have a question about CRA for newcomers. I need to get proof of income from CRA as a required document for sponsorship. The problem is you can't create a profile in CRA without having filed an income tax. And all I find in websites is 2021 tax year. Does this mean I have to wait for a year till I can file an income tax and open CRA account?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident in a long distance marriage and want to sponsor my husband who is a British citizen in the UK currently. Can I file his sponsorship application while being a PR and then leave Canada to join him in the UK meanwhile his application is being processed ?
Thank you
As a PR, you have to continue to reside in Canada throughout the process. Short trips abroad are fine. no, they don't define short trips, but keep them under a month and you should be fine.

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question about CRA for newcomers. I need to get proof of income from CRA as a required document for sponsorship. The problem is you can't create a profile in CRA without having filed an income tax. And all I find in websites is 2021 tax year. Does this mean I have to wait for a year till I can file an income tax and open CRA account?
Just include a letter of explanation that you've not been in Canada to file yet. Then file your taxes and provide later in process the NOA to IRCC - don't delay filing. You'll need to show other evidence you can support - a wage ticket from work (whatever they're called) should be sufficient.

Reactions: Sasha2021

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
Quebec Outland sponsorship applicant here, i applied for CSQ upon request in march 2022. Immigration quebec asked me additional documents and i sent them back complate in sept 2022. After that i didnt heared back from them. I kept calling them nd they sayin its in process.
so its been more than 11 months i applied for Csq and i am in that situation now, i have good job offer in toronto and i want to change province. My question is can i move during this process. Nd if yes what is the conditions?
I consulted with some immigration professionals nd they all suggested me wait for CSQ nd then move otherwise its going to be more complicated. What should i do, please help me with ur knowledge i need advice.
Thanks you.
Hello,

Quebec Outland Sponsorship applicant here as well.

I applied on October 26, 2022 for my spouse in the UAE.
Received AOR on January 7, 2023.
What is the next step?

MikaF

Jan 13, 2023
Hi guys, I arrived 5 monyhs ago and am about to send my online application as common law spouse. I have filled in paper forms in advance to prepare, anticipating doing everything online. In going through the forms I have not found any item which seems to be where I would attach supporting documents (ie, old photos, joint bills, other documents that will show a proof of our relationship). Where and how do I upload those? Thanks.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Hi guys, I arrived 5 monyhs ago and am about to send my online application as common law spouse. I have filled in paper forms in advance to prepare, anticipating doing everything online. In going through the forms I have not found any item which seems to be where I would attach supporting documents (ie, old photos, joint bills, other documents that will show a proof of our relationship). Where and how do I upload those? Thanks.
When you submit online, they’ll be uploaded to the portal as individual documents/photos. Forms are separate to the supporting documents required.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hello,

Quebec Outland Sponsorship applicant here as well.

I applied on October 26, 2022 for my spouse in the UAE.
Received AOR on January 7, 2023.
What is the next step?
You probably have received a UCI num with your AOR, you can use it to track your application also link your profile with your CIC account if you got one.

AOR is a good sign, which means they have accepted your application. Next they will ask for medical info if your spouse have not submitted it yet, then finger prints & finally PPR.

Meanwhile you can just raise a web form and update your situational changes such as changes in your home address, job, etc.

Reactions: Banu02