+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Someone sponsoring their spouse, which do they select for paying sponsorship fees and what is Biometrics?

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($490) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)
OR
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($490)
You will have to pay all these fees, if you don't pay right of permanent residence now, you'll end up paying it later.

Biometrics: basically they take fingerprints of applicant. It's paid for separately.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
You will have to pay all these fees, if you don't pay right of permanent residence now, you'll end up paying it later.

Biometrics: basically they take fingerprints of applicant. It's paid for separately.

Ok. I figured it was better to pay all this up front: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($490) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)

How do they take the fingerprints? I assume the person would go to local police or RCMP?

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
When paying fees online, do you still pay for the open work permit up front? I don't see it in the list under spousal sponsor.

munnajazbaati

Nov 15, 2021
Hi Experienced Members,

I have a question for which I am seeking advise if anybody has been in the similar boat..
I currently have the visitor visa for canada and I am waiting for ECOPR but have to make an unavoidable travel soon outside the country.

Will I be able to travel back on the visitor visa in case I do not receive ECOPR?

Any suggestions on what will be wise here is much appreciated, Thanks!

I am in a similar boat. Haven't received ECoPR after submitting photo, address and in-canada declaration.

I also have the following questions regarding traveling back on "invalid" TRV after receiving ECoPR.

1. Is there any official documentation that anyone can point to regarding we can't travel on TRV once we get ECoPR ?

2. Can the airline actually check if your TRV is "valid" or not ?

3. As long as the TRV expiry date has not passed, they will let you check in and go through security, right ?

4. Do airline personnel know that your TRV is now invalid because you got your ecopr ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What stage in processing are you?

If it was a short trip (less than a week eg) would say of course go.

If two months, and in time in processing expected soon - don't go.

You're right in the middle. Probably okay to go, but if you are expecting right now, would wait. You'll have to decide.

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
What stage in processing are you?

If it was a short trip (less than a week eg) would say of course go.

If two months, and in time in processing expected soon - don't go.

You're right in the middle. Probably okay to go, but if you are expecting right now, would wait. You'll have to decide.
Waiting for E-COPR and then eventually PR card, the case is approved.

libyano

Sep 1, 2016
Greetings,

How to sign 1344, 5532 forms? do we have to type the names only as written in the passport or we do have to type the names and sign digitally using acrobat (sign like my normal signature) ?

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Ok. I figured it was better to pay all this up front: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($490) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)

How do they take the fingerprints? I assume the person would go to local police or RCMP?
No not RCMP, if inland it’d be done through a Service Canada centre.

Reactions: KaZRa

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, I dont have US visa, will they allow to re-enter on Visitor Visa status in Canada?
I have no idea what the US does, but presume that you need a US visa to enter USA.

My point was (and is): if you had ecopr and for whatever reason did not have a PR card yet, you could not board a direct flight to Canada. But you could cross at a land border.

The issue being in your case, if you get the ecopr tmrw (for example), you still don't know how long the PR card would take to arrive. With a new ecopr you could apply for PRTD to board the plane, but that might take a few weeks.

Sorry, I can't give you any firm answers. I think if you were to depart tmrw and even if you were issued ecopr, you could probably travel back on your current visa. But I don't know.

Obviously one factor is if/how quickly you need to return to Canada. If you can be flexible on return, then you will likely have time to resolve (eg if getting prtd is delayed).

Reactions: sk1622

Ar6464

Jul 29, 2019
Quebec Outland sponsorship applicant here, i applied for CSQ upon request in march 2022. Immigration quebec asked me additional documents and i sent them back complate in sept 2022. After that i didnt heared back from them. I kept calling them nd they sayin its in process.
so its been more than 11 months i applied for Csq and i am in that situation now, i have good job offer in toronto and i want to change province. My question is can i move during this process. Nd if yes what is the conditions?
I consulted with some immigration professionals nd they all suggested me wait for CSQ nd then move otherwise its going to be more complicated. What should i do, please help me with ur knowledge i need advice.
Thanks you.