File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can my spouse apply for TRV, then shortly after that apply for outland sponsorship, and if the visitor visa is approved he comes to Canada and apply for OWP?
Does this option make sense?
No. An OWP is not possible with an outland application.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
I had the similar issue. You should call the call center immediately. The agent will be able to check if they receive the payment you made and link it to your account. In case you didn't make the payment in full before, just make the payment for the shortage and give the agent the receipt number on the call. It took me 5 tries to get a hold of the agent.
I did call agent in september, and she told me that they have received the payment for RPRF and they have sent it to designated department for ecopr and I am in que for getting copr. but its january now and its almost 4 months and i have got nothing.

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
It's generally a really bad idea to miss IRCC deadlines. Get rid of the consultant and hire a lawyer. You need an immigration lawyer. This forum is paid for by an immigration lawyer and you can try getting a consult from them. Click on the "cohen immigration law" at the top of the page. I don't have any experience with this firm personally. Other may have a recommendation for you.
Thank you

omedsyed

Dec 19, 2022
Do you guys have an idea bout exit permit interview? I don't have a passport so my application has been sent to IOM for my travel purposes. I wanted to ask what should I expect in a exit permit interview and when would they call me for it ?

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Excellent post! Is there anyway the moderators could have it stuck at the top?
Hi, are you still active on this forum?
Seeking to start a sponsorship application for Nigeria within the next 3 months.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
I have no idea as to your spouse's country, but this is what we have experienced. First of all, you have to submit an application of some sort (eg. for a permanent residence visa, visitor's visa, etc.). After that, the IRCC will send a notice saying biometrics required and they will tell you places to go for that.

My wife applied for TRV from Philippines 2 years ago. After her application went in, she was told of 2 locations in the Philippines where she could go for biometrics. Neither was an embassy. Both were in major cities: (1) Manila; (2) Cebu. Nowhere else. Neither of those is close to her. It took her 3 days, 2 flights, bus rides, etc. and 2 hotel nights to get the job done. Biometrics cost: $85. Travel/hotel cost: About $600. It would be nice if they would ask for biometrics only once visa is approved, so visa would be conditional upon satisfactory completion of biometrics within a certain time. But, the IRCC will make it difficult and expensive, as much as possible. They know that for the vast majority of applicants, like my wife, seeking a TRV is futile. So applicants must be punished for even thinking about applying. I can hear them saying: "We have denied your application because you are poor. Now you are a lot poorer. Ha ha."
Damn, a lot of anger here.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Damn right, and for a damn good reason.

Then, I notice that recently you addressed another member who penned a bit of vituperous prose thus:

Unlike in my case, where you saw fit to offer a gratuitous comment, adding nothing constructive, you appeared to join in the disapproval of IRCC operations, saying:

Care to comment on why you reacted to my post as you did? Was it more harsh, less well-reasoned, more outré than that of @WaiterForEver?
Your comment was definitely more harsh and less reasoned than the other one. Much more aspersions were cast, especially on the motivations of the IRCC and her officers, in your post.

Your comment was not seeking answers, it was to vent. I recognize that.

Also, I will soon start the spousal sponsorship application myself. I worry that I may be as angry or despondent as you sounded in your post. I hope that is not the case.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Guys,

Anyone can help me?

I need to answer the question below,
-Date of last time you entered Canada
-Location of where you last entered

I went to my home country and got back this Sept by flight, also went the US by driving in Oct

Then which one should I put there?
US by driving.

ashishpalsingh91

Apr 19, 2019
Hi All,

I applied for Outland spousal sponsorship as well as visitor visa for my partner who was living in India in May 2022. Her visitor visa got approved and she came to Canada in Nov 2022, meanwhile my sponsorship application was returned because it was incomplete, furthermore the Status of PR application on the online portal says "Returned", before the status changed on the portal, I sent a webform to IRCC to revoke the outland application which I applied for in May 2022. Now I want to apply for In-land spousal sponsorship for her and I have a few doubts and would appreciate if someone can help with it.
1. I have not yet received any acknowledgment that the outland spousal sponsorship application has been revoked on the webform. Do I need to wait for the acknowledgement before I apply for inland spousal sponsorship
2. Will I get refund for the application fees for outland application
3. Do I need to re-pay the application fees for Inland spousal sponsorship or can I use the receipt of the fees paid at the time of outland application.
4. Since the application status is returned on Online Portal, Can I now apply for Inland application.

Thanks in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I applied for Outland spousal sponsorship as well as visitor visa for my partner who was living in India in May 2022. Her visitor visa got approved and she came to Canada in Nov 2022, meanwhile my sponsorship application was returned because it was incomplete, furthermore the Status of PR application on the online portal says "Returned", before the status changed on the portal, I sent a webform to IRCC to revoke the outland application which I applied for in May 2022. Now I want to apply for In-land spousal sponsorship for her and I have a few doubts and would appreciate if someone can help with it.
1. I have not yet received any acknowledgment that the outland spousal sponsorship application has been revoked on the webform. Do I need to wait for the acknowledgement before I apply for inland spousal sponsorship
2. Will I get refund for the application fees for outland application
3. Do I need to re-pay the application fees for Inland spousal sponsorship or can I use the receipt of the fees paid at the time of outland application.
4. Since the application status is returned on Online Portal, Can I now apply for Inland application.

Thanks in advance.
If it was returned as incomplete, it was returned. No need to wait for anything further, can apply inland now.
You won't get refund unless you request - and yes, you can use existing receipt without paying again.

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
If she can get a TRV she should fly to Canada then file an inland sponsorship. She can apply for an OWP.

Outland does not have any work visa options
What I meant was that if he comes to Canada after an outland application has been submitted, is he eligible for OWP?

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Like I said, I'm about to enter the situation.

I too would like to apply for a visa for my fiancée to visit first, however, I know that such an application would be denied (she has no travel history, just finished university, has no high paying job in our home country).

The conjugal partner route, which I just found out about last week, is apparently not applicable unless maybe she has been denied a visitor visa, or we're gay.

No work visa while waiting for spousal application to mature (18 months).

Really mincing words to say I expressed myself more strongly than is captured by the words "but the truth is, they dont give a damn shit about these. Now they prioratize new EE draws as they bring in money, we are dead horses, we already have brought and spent."

Despondent, no; angry yes. Forced to go sponsorship/spousal route just so my (now) wife can visit Canada. She wants to see if she would like living here. We may well end up staying here in the Philippines. I have lived here before, speak Tagalog fluently and have sufficient resources to allow us to live very well here. We'll end up spending about 5 years waiting for her to get a look at Canada, quite possibly just for a month or so.

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hi, I applied spousal application (Outland) in the month of august.but I did not receive aor yet.I called to ircc they told me they did not receive your file.Any suggestion from anyone?

manasvi_022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Hi, I applied spousal application (Outland) in the month of august.but I did not receive aor yet.I called to ircc they told me they did not receive your file.Any suggestion from anyone?
Online or paper based?