+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I think you should access both if you can.
1. I find the New Portal is days to a week behind GCkey on progress updates.
2. My Pre Arrivals letter and Passport Request letter was delivered via GCkey. I don't see anywhere on the New Portal to receive or open messages from IRCC.
Thank you!
I am under the impression that GCkey and new Portal are not connected. i.e. If I submit an application in one system, I don't see it in the other. Could you please advise how you "access both systems"?

EpyonE11

Dec 25, 2022
Hello,

I am being a little proactive in my situation. Before I met my girlfriend overseas in the Philippines (where she is now). I was planning to do a PhD in the US. We both agreed that I should continue with my studies. We plan on getting married by 30 years old. At that time, I would be half-way into my PhD. Application processing times being as long as they are now, would it be advisble to apply for our sponsorship application at that point in time so that when my PhD is completed, we are able to reunite in Canada. What sort of requirements do I need to show that I intend to return to Canada?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
But, it was said (indirectly) to have been supported by Trudeau here:

https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/here-is-trudeaus-mandate-letter-for-immigration-minister-to-deliver-13-commitments/?_thumbnail_id=3341

One item in Trudeau's so-called "mandate" to the Minister of Immigration was this:

Work to strengthen family reunification by introducing electronic applications for family reunification and implementing a program to issue temporary resident status to spouses and children abroad while they wait for the processing of their permanent residency application.

Just more bullshit. Reminds me of why I have never voted in a Canadian election. Well, I did once, for the novelty, when I turned 21 in Ontario.
And yet they are proudly extending Open Work Permit to spouses of Work Permit holders, regardless of skill level. Spouses of Canadian citizens are treated like criminals with endless checks and waits. I dont know what to name this stupid system!

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Could someone please explain what Notice of Assessment is? Does this apply to a sponsor who have been to Canada for 3 months only?
How can I apply for proof of income?

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Could someone please explain what Notice of Assessment is? Does this apply to a sponsor who have been to Canada for 3 months only?
Notice of Assessment (NOA) is issued by CRA after taxes are filed by an individual for the tax year. If the sponsor has been there for 3 months and had earnings in 2022, they will receive their T4 from their employer (year end record of earnings) no later than end of February, to which they can file their taxes and get the NOA. NOA is typically issued within 2 weeks after taxes are filed.

Can’t speak to the proof of income as I believe it varies between inland/outland, would need to read the checklist or guides for further info on what the alternatives are.

Reactions: Sasha2021

Olegikom

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Уведомление об оценке (NOA) выдается CRA после подачи налоговой декларации физическим лицом за налоговый год. Если спонсор был там в течение 3 месяцев и имел заработок в 2022 году, он получит T4 от своего работодателя (отчет о доходах на конец года) не позднее конца февраля, куда он может подать свои налоги и получить NOA. NOA обычно выдается в течение 2 недель после подачи налоговой декларации.

Не могу говорить о подтверждении дохода, так как я считаю, что он варьируется между внутренней и внешней границей, мне нужно будет прочитать контрольный список или руководства для получения дополнительной информации об альтернативах.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/payroll/completing-filing-information-returns/t4-information-employers/t4-slip/what-report-what- отчет-на-t4-slips.html

User51

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Hello group members,
I have applied for spousal sponsorship with Copr and now i have my PR card with me..should we need to upload the PR card through webform??..or is it ok with only copr and not required to upload pr card??? Plz suggest

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Notice of Assessment (NOA) is issued by CRA after taxes are filed by an individual for the tax year. If the sponsor has been there for 3 months and had earnings in 2022, they will receive their T4 from their employer (year end record of earnings) no later than end of February, to which they can file their taxes and get the NOA. NOA is typically issued within 2 weeks after taxes are filed.

Can’t speak to the proof of income as I believe it varies between inland/outland, would need to read the checklist or guides for further info on what the alternatives are.
Thank you so much

Reactions: whozarm

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello group members,
I have applied for spousal sponsorship with Copr and now i have my PR card with me..should we need to upload the PR card through webform??..or is it ok with only copr and not required to upload pr card??? Plz suggest
It's probably not required to do so - COPR is enough - but won't hurt to upload via webform and will take five minutes.

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi All. I am a CEC applicant and I've informed IRCC about my marriage and they've asked me to send the below documents via email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with file size totaling less than 5mb.
Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

I have few questions on IMM 0008 and IMM 5406.
1) Do I have to fill 2 separate applications for myself and my wife or just adding dependent info in IMM 0008 will do?
2) As I fall under Economic class(CEC), if I have to fill out a separate IMM 0008 for my spouse does she also fall under the same category?
2) For 5406, I already filled my family members details during my CEC application, so do I have to fill it again?
3) Can my wife take upfront medical exam?
4) Email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca returned with "Delivery failed" status saying my email address not in their recipients list. How to address this issue?
5) As there are a bunch of forms, documents and relationship photos to submit. How can I submit all files under 5 MB?

Thanks in advance

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
Hi @Sasha2021, If the sponsor is in Canada for the last 3 months only, he/she can upload proof of employment, pay stubs, and maybe a letter explaining the situation. A friend of mine did so for an outland application and was approved recently.

Reactions: Sasha2021