+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Thanks, but as I said when I travelled to US and return to Canada by driving, the border didn't check anything

Thus, I'm confused if I need to put the flight date or the driving date

Do you think it will cause an issue if I put both dates by adding more section like below,
A-1.Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD): 2022/06/27 (Flight)
A-2.Location of where you last entered:
B-1.Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD): 2022/09/12 (Driving)
B-2.Location of where you last entered:
When they see they scan passport at port of entry and exit entry data is in their system. Normally don't stamp for Citizens otherwise next US travel is problematic as US doesn't allow Canada visitors overstaying 6 months.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi guys can someone help?
Outland spouse application
Application Received July 5, 2021
Request Biometrics Nov 2021
Spouse Medical Request Dec 2021 (Medical Done Jan 6, 2022)
New Born Baby Added Aug 22 , 2022
child medical done Sep 19, 2022
now the problem is officer again ask medical on Dec 16, 2022 for child instead of passport request.
what do you guys recommend?
do I need to book another appointment for medical or its just a mistake by IRCC?
I have already send them a web form but due to covid they are taking too long for replies.
Much appreciated if somebody helps.
Thank you
Raise another webform and email if you have the vo email address and provide the e-medical infosheet you received in September for your child. Make sure to write "URGENT" in your subject line!

ashishpalsingh91

Apr 19, 2019
Hi All, I applied for my partner's PR under spousal sponsorship from outside Canada. Meanwhile we were waiting for any update on the application, her visitor visa got approved and she moved to Canada. Now I'd want to change her application from Outside Canada to In-Canada Spousal Sponsorship Application. Can someone suggest if this can be done, or do I have to withdraw the first application and re-apply for the second one. Also if I raise a web form to withdraw the 1st application, can I apply for In-Canada Application while we wait for a confirmation from IRCC about the withdrawal of the first one or will I have to wait for the confirmation first. Thank you :)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All, I applied for my partner's PR under spousal sponsorship from outside Canada. Meanwhile we were waiting for any update on the application, her visitor visa got approved and she moved to Canada. Now I'd want to change her application from Outside Canada to In-Canada Spousal Sponsorship Application. Can someone suggest if this can be done, or do I have to withdraw the first application and re-apply for the second one. Also if I raise a web form to withdraw the 1st application, can I apply for In-Canada Application while we wait for a confirmation from IRCC about the withdrawal of the first one or will I have to wait for the confirmation first. Thank you :)
When did you submit the outland sponsorship?

It may make sense to just stick with outland and just update her current address to the address in Canada.

Unless you really need the OWP which we do not know when it will be approved (some got it really quickly and some took a while), you can stay with your outland sponsorship application.

If you want to sponsor via inland, then you need to withdraw your current applicaiton and then submit a new inland application.
I am not sure if you need to wait till the first one is "officially" withdrawn before you submit the new inland.
All new applications are online now.

ashishpalsingh91

Apr 19, 2019
When did you submit the outland sponsorship?

It may make sense to just stick with outland and just update her current address to the address in Canada.

Unless you really need the OWP which we do not know when it will be approved (some got it really quickly and some took a while), you can stay with your outland sponsorship application.

If you want to sponsor via inland, then you need to withdraw your current applicaiton and then submit a new inland application.
I am not sure if you need to wait till the first one is "officially" withdrawn before you submit the new inland.
All new applications are online now.
Thank you, Appreciate it :)

Rubbal

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi there, can I upload photos and documents one by one? I read on Cic website that we can upload one document per field. If try to upload more than one then the last one only get saved. Is it true for spouse sponsorship too.

junaidaslam

Mar 11, 2018
Raise another webform and email if you have the vo email address and provide the e-medical infosheet you received in September for your child. Make sure to write "URGENT" in your subject line!
Thank you for your reply
What is VO email?
I didn’t get the medical sheet bcz they directly sent to IRCC but i have IME number

Dpc1110

Dec 7, 2020
Hello i have question regarding spouse pr application.

We got married last month and can i start the application while i am in India or i need to go back to canada than submit the application??

I ll be going back to canada in may 2023

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello i have question regarding spouse pr application.

We got married last month and can i start the application while i am in India or i need to go back to canada than submit the application??

I ll be going back to canada in may 2023
If you are a Canadian citizen you can start the sponsorship process now, but a Canadian PR has to be in Canada to sponsor their spouse.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
What is the current status of this Bill?

Private Member’s Bill C-291
  • On April 29, 2021, Bill C-291 was introduced to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to provide that a foreign national who is the subject of a family sponsorship application may remain in Canada as a temporary resident until a final determination in respect of the application is made. It also provides that they may not be refused entry to Canada as a temporary resident solely on the grounds that they have not established that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay, unless there is evidence of a history of non-compliance with requirements to leave Canada or any other country.
  • IRCC is analyzing the proposed IRPA amendments and potential implications.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As a rule of thumb, you can assume that all private member's bills will go nowhere, UNLESS the government specifically supports, and that is almost always big news and will be covered by all major media.

Because it's almost definitional - it's a private member's bill because it does not have the support of the government.

[Granted there is a slightly higher chance a private member's bill will go forward in a minority government situation like now, but not much higher]

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is the current status of this Bill?

• On April 29, 2021, Bill C-291 was introduced to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to provide that a foreign national who is the subject of a family sponsorship application may remain in Canada as a temporary resident until a final determination in respect of the application is made. It also provides that they may not be refused entry to Canada as a temporary resident solely on the grounds that they have not established that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay, unless there is evidence of a history of non-compliance with requirements to leave Canada or any other country.
  • IRCC is analyzing the proposed IRPA amendments and potential implications.
Nothing. It never passed. It was brought forward by a NDP member.

https://openparliament.ca/bills/43-2/C-291/

Reactions: T0pubo

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Could someone please advise how to know which visa office is processing the application?
On this forum I often see people saying "XYZ visa office is processing it". How do I check to know which VO? Is it listed on my application status?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
A general question: what's the difference between GC Key and New Portal? Which one is better
I think you should access both if you can.
1. I find the New Portal is days to a week behind GCkey on progress updates.
2. My Pre Arrivals letter and Passport Request letter was delivered via GCkey. I don't see anywhere on the New Portal to receive or open messages from IRCC.