File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I had appeal and won since June 22. All those time my gckey was showing refused. Last week started showing again submitted and ecas show on process no decision made. Know that my file is open. Anyone have idea when they will request medical and pc since the first one is expired
As soon as you receive a message stating that you are eligible, you should receive the medical request shortly after that. I am not too sure about the PC since they sometimes request it sooner than they actually need it. Often, the PC is requested along with an updated Schedule A when you pass the medical.

Reactions: Imari

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Outland online - April 27th 2022
AOR - August 10th, 2022
SA - 11th August, 2022
Medical request - 3rd October, 2022
Medical Compmeted - 6th October, 2022
Pre-arrival Letter - 6th October, 2022
Medical passed - 15th October, 2022

Multiple Ghost Updates

PPR - November 14th, 2022

Accra Visa Office
Congratulations to you
Pls my file has been transferred to Accra visa office since March am yet to get any email from them
Pls wen they transfer your file how many month did u wait before they sent you the first email pls?

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello
Pls can someone give me the link to check my application on line bcos I don’t know why I can’t see my application on line o have use the link I know it’s saying wrong information provided and I know I put the right information,
Secondly pls does any one have an idea of how long it will take me to hear from Accra since my file has been transferred am yet to get a response from them it’s almost 7 month Dey transfer my file up stil now no email nothing from Accra visa office

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hello
Pls can someone give me the link to check my application on line bcos I don’t know why I can’t see my application on line o have use the link I know it’s saying wrong information provided and I know I put the right information,
Secondly pls does any one have an idea of how long it will take me to hear from Accra since my file has been transferred am yet to get a response from them it’s almost 7 month Dey transfer my file up stil now no email nothing from Accra visa office
Use this link (PR Tracker): Sign in to your status tracker (cic.gc.ca)
and this one (GCKey): Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca

Both will provide you with information. The second one is the one you will receive official correspondence from IRCC on. For the first one, make sure you enter the information exactly as you have it on your application (ie city of birth typed the same as on application). Also if you have a middle name, make sure that you put that in beside your first name when you register.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Hi everyone, got the ppr yesterday, Nov 15th (see my timeline in my signature), thank God. Finally. It's been a long journey. Hope this spreads some hope and sincerely wishing that everyone else is reunited with their spouses very soon.

I also have 2 questions:

1.) How long should I expect it to take to get the passport stamped with the visa and returned? We plan to have it picked up in person. Anyone have any experience or idea of how long it takes with the Lahore Visa Application Centre?

2.) When should I book tickets? It looks like even just one-way tickets from Pak to Canada are insanely expensive for most of this month and December, and if I wait the full 4 weeks for the passport to come back, then won't it just be more expensive to book a ticket closer to the actual date? Should I book tickets 4 weeks from now to avoid price hikes in already expensive tickets, or just wait?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

EDIT: Also, I have noticed that there are some people who got their pre-arrival letter and they have waited for a long time to receive the PPR--maybe try checking any other email you used in your application? Because I got the ppr request in different email from the one in which I usually received updates. In fact, my ppr request letter ONLY showed up in that email, it still hasn't even updated in Gc key yet.

So if you are waiting for that PPR and you have already received the pre-arrival letter, make sure you also check any other emails you had also included in your application to contact you, or your representative, or your spouse! Because the request could only be showing up in one email right now, and you actually have 30 days from the receipt of that email to submit the passport.

Last edited:

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Hi everyone, got the ppr yesterday, Nov 15th (see my timeline in my signature), thank God. Finally. It's been a long journey. Hope this spreads some hope and sincerely wishing that everyone else is reunited with their spouses very soon.

I also have 2 questions:

1.) How long should I expect it to take to get the passport stamped with the visa and returned? We plan to have it picked up in person. Anyone have any experience or idea of how long it takes with the Lahore Visa Application Centre?

2.) When should I book tickets? It looks like even just one-way tickets from Pak to Canada are insanely expensive for most of this month and December, and if I wait the full 4 weeks for the passport to come back, then won't it just be more expensive to book a ticket closer to the actual date? Should I book tickets 4 weeks from now to avoid price hikes in already expensive tickets, or just wait?

EDIT: Also, I have noticed that there are some people who got their pre-arrival letter and they have waited for a long time to receive the PPR--maybe try checking any other email you used in your application? Because I got the ppr request in different email from the one in which I usually received updates. In fact, my ppr request letter ONLY showed up in that email, it still hasn't even updated in Gc key yet.

So if you are waiting for that PPR and you have already received the pre-arrival letter, make sure you also check any other emails you had also included in your application to contact you, or your representative, or your spouse! Because the request could only be showing up in one email right now, and you actually have 30 days from the receipt of that email to submit the passport.
1. It should be around 20 days from the day you submit your passport. But it in some cases it takes longer
2. Book the ticket when you see they dispatched your passport from the visa office.

Reactions: Patientlywaiting...

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Use this link (PR Tracker): Sign in to your status tracker (cic.gc.ca)
and this one (GCKey): Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca

Both will provide you with information. The second one is the one you will receive official correspondence from IRCC on. For the first one, make sure you enter the information exactly as you have it on your application (ie city of birth typed the same as on application). Also if you have a middle name, make sure that you put that in beside your first name when you register.
Thanks so much

KIAMIA

Nov 15, 2022
Congratulations to you
Pls my file has been transferred to Accra visa office since March am yet to get any email from them
Pls wen they transfer your file how many month did u wait before they sent you the first email pls?
My file was transfered to Accra August 11, 2022. On Oct 3rd, 2022 I got Medical Request Via GC Key portal.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
1. It should be around 20 days from the day you submit your passport. But it in some cases it takes longer
2. Book the ticket when you see they dispatched your passport from the visa office.
Emphasis on the comment some take longer, depending on the VO. The processing time for passport return out of the London UK office is 60 days.

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
My file was transfered to Accra August 11, 2022. On Oct 3rd, 2022 I got Medical Request Via GC Key portal.
Pls which link is the GC key portal pls can u share the link?
I submitted medical when submitting the application
Pls what is PPR? Have Dey issue the visa for you to come in pls can u in box me
Thank you soo much

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Pls which link is the GC key portal pls can u share the link?
I submitted medical when submitting the application
Pls what is PPR? Have Dey issue the visa for you to come in pls can u in box me
Thank you soo much
Here is GCKey link: Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca
PPR is Passport request. It is one of the last steps in the process. After that is visa issue, COPR issue, then landing in Canada, then receiving PR card.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Emphasis on the comment some take longer, depending on the VO. The processing time for passport return out of the London UK office is 60 days.
Where did you submit, ie. through VFS in some other country?

A note here: you can (should) submit in most cases to the nearest VFS, and that VFS will generally send the package to the nearest govt of Canada visa office (eg in embassy or consulate) that has the ability to print visas. Yes, they do not have to return it to the visa office that processed your file - and so the timeframe for that visa office may not be relevant.