+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
A visitor record isn't the same as a TRV. It's not a travel document, it's a document that allows you to extend your stay in Canada beyond the six months. Almost like a 'visitor permit.'
Visitor visa is a teravel document please google. I have enetered and retunred twice in Canada
All seems odd to me. Sure consultant submitted online? Who did you get the 'entire set of docs' from? (You can get complete set from IRCC but takes longer.)
Form my consultant they are registered with IRCC i got copy of everything they submitted cos i will be helping my sister apply for hers soon.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
So the consultant never submitted the OWP? xD
If you never received an OWP chances are it was never submitted also.
There's no point in continuing the discussion since you already got the PR confirmation.
No they absolutely did submit as i have IRCC payment receipt, payments for both were made from my Credit Card for that LOL, if they didn't how did i get my PR let alone OWP.

And its at the discretion of IRCC whether they want to give OWP or PR. I have seen so many people on this forum only get PR even after submitting OWP right after PR submission.

So, i am not surprised, i am happy to get my COPR yesterday and don't care about the OWP even though i have paid for it, there is no refund.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
No they absolutely did submit as i have IRCC payment receipt, payments for both were made from my Credit Card for that LOL, if they didn't how did i get my PR let alone OWP.

And its at the discretion of IRCC whether they want to give OWP or PR. I have seen so many people on this forum only get PR even after submitting OWP right after PR submission.

So, i am not surprised, i am happy to get my COPR yesterday and don't care about the OWP even though i have paid for it, there is no refund.
Having paid the OWP is not equal to having submitted an application.

When the sponsorship application is done online, the OWP application can only be done AFTER the AOR is received. You can't submit an OWP at the same time as an online application.

Reactions: armoured

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Having paid the OWP is not equal to having submitted an application.

When the sponsorship application is done online, the OWP application can only be done AFTER the AOR is received. You can't submit an OWP at the same time as an online application.
Well i trust my consultant, i have retainer signed with them. I am not losing anything here by not getting OWP cos i have paid for it and i have now COPR in hand. It really doesn't matter.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well i trust my consultant, i have retainer signed with them. I am not losing anything here by not getting OWP cos i have paid for it and i have now COPR in hand. It really doesn't matter.
It's mainly the point for all others since now all apps must be online - that it does not seem possible to apply for OWP at same time when applying for spousal sponsorship online.

Yours is the first case I've seen claim that OWP was submitted at same time as online app - and that app was done by consultant, and ultimately no OWP issued.

To me the obvious / likely conclusion is: there was some crossed wire and either consultant did not submit OWP application, or submitted entire app on paper.

Reactions: YVR123 and Kiikii

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Got ghost update today.
Wonder what that's for.
Timeline:
Spousal Sponsorship, Inland Online, DIY, No Dependents
Biometrics still valid until 2029
2022-06-05 Application submitted
2022-08-25 Sponsor received AOR; PA received MR
2022-08-26 Completed medical exam
2022-09-07 Ghost update on tracker
2022-09-08 Medical exam passed on tracker and GCKey account
2022-09-15 Ghost update on tracker, eligibility started on GCKey
2022-09-15 OWP linked to GCKey
2022-09-16 Eligibility completed
2022-09-17 Pre Arrival Letter

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
It's mainly the point for all others since now all apps must be online - that it does not seem possible to apply for OWP at same time when applying for spousal sponsorship online.

Yours is the first case I've seen claim that OWP was submitted at same time as online app - and that app was done by consultant, and ultimately no OWP issued.

To me the obvious / likely conclusion is: there was some crossed wire and either consultant did not submit OWP application, or submitted entire app on paper.
BTW they sent me the form and i have printed signed it and it was uploaded on portal. along with other docs one pdf of lots of MB it was large they split the files in two sets and emailed me this morning.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
BTW they sent me the form and i have printed signed it and it was uploaded on portal. along with other docs one pdf of lots of MB it was large they split the files in two sets and emailed me this morning.
If it was just submitted as one of many uploaded docs, ignoring instructions it cant be submitted with the online app, it's entirely possible it was completely IGNORED by IRCC as not-submitted-per-instructions. And hence you paid for nothign because your consultant did not follow instructions.

Only a possibility but I see no evidence to suggest here that submitting WITH the online app served any purpose here whatsoever.

Reactions: Kiikii

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visitor visa is a teravel document please google. I have enetered and retunred twice in Canada
Yes, a visitor visa is a travel document. A visitor record is not. We're talking about a visitor record, which is what you get when you apply to extend your existing stay in Canada. They are not the same document.

You can read about the difference here.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Yes, a visitor visa is a travel document. A visitor record is not. We're talking about a visitor record, which is what you get when you apply to extend your existing stay in Canada. They are not the same document.

You can read about the difference here.
I am sorry i forgot to delete my comment i was thinking visitor visa all the while and not record, you cant enter or exit on record, my father's visitor visa is expired last May and He's on Visitor visa extension approval comes after almost 6 months, its 3rd extension. If he exits he cant come in until new visitor visa is approved for him

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
got an update today on new tracker that they received police certificate i sent them
As without asking them for pcc i upfrontly sended
I did it bcz i m stuck on background verification so is it a good sign?
should I expect something this month?
anyone with same situation

jaylyl50

Sep 21, 2022
Hello everyone :)

Nice to meet you all, I'm new to this site.

I would please like some help with understanding the delays for my situation if anyone has experienced a similar situation or has knowledge about it.

My wife sponsored me for the permanent residency from within Canada. I received my CSQ in early August and have passed the medical visit two months ago. I have an ongoing closed work permit, but I have an offer from another employer and I would like to give them more visibility about the delays before I get my permanent residency. How long can I expect to wait for the final step and finally getting my permanent residency?

Any input would be helpful, thank you vert much in advance!

Nic

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
(AUG 2021 Applicant)
1) Everything is complete in new tracker, COPR number was issued on tracker more than 3 months ago and from last few months I am receiving ghost updates every two days.
2) In PR portal, my address and photo shows under review.
3) GC key no change

In June, they sent me an email that your PR is approved, you just need to pay right of permanent residence fee to get COPR which I paid right away, Its been more than 3 months I didn't get COPR and nothing changed since than.

I have no clue what should I do, this is really frustrating.

frange

May 25, 2018
(AUG 2021 Applicant)
1) Everything is complete in new tracker, COPR number was issued on tracker more than 3 months ago and from last few months I am receiving ghost updates every two days.
2) In PR portal, my address and photo shows under review.
3) GC key no change

In June, they sent me an email that your PR is approved, you just need to pay right of permanent residence fee to get COPR which I paid right away, Its been more than 3 months I didn't get COPR and nothing changed since than.

I have no clue what should I do, this is really frustrating.
Did you send the receipt showing that you've paid the RPRF?
You should send it back with an explanation letter.

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Did you send the receipt showing that you've paid the RPRF?
You should send it back with an explanation letter.
No
I had a issue on biometric fee
They diden’t ask my spouse to do biometric for 5 months
I sent webform then they said send a proof of bio fee