+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ravnish0302

Jul 7, 2022
HI,

I wanted to check in case files can move to a different VO post Eligibility, Background Check, Medical and Biometric completion? We have already received the Pre Arrival Letter

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
I found out our file is open in Ottawa right now and she said it might get transferred to a local visa office. Does this always happen in outland cases? It was already once transferred from Sydney to Ottawa.

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
HI,

I wanted to check in case files can move to a different VO post Eligibility, Background Check, Medical and Biometric completion? We have already received the Pre Arrival Letter
Usually those are the steps that need to be completed. Not sure why they would move your file to a different vo after everything is completed.
Possibility you have a secondary vo.

DDPL

Jul 17, 2022
Hi all, quick question- does the Sponsor's each day trip from Canada-US also needs to be mention in IMM 5562 Travel info form?.. if yes, how did you guys did it, as the Passport doesn't gets stamped for the CAN-US day trips by road? TIA

DDPL

Jul 17, 2022
Hi all, quick question- does the Sponsor's each day trip from Canada-US also needs to be mention in IMM 5562 Travel info form?.. if yes, how did you guys did it, as the Passport doesn't gets stamped for the CAN-US day trips by road? TIA

abhaybatta007

Sep 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

I hope you all are doing really great.

I am going to submit Inland spousal application for my wife, I am waiting for her PCC. My confusion is, at what stage I can submit her OWP application. Can I submit it after receiving her AOR? IRCC website says you can submit after AIP, I am not sure at what stage we receive AIP letter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I hope you all are doing really great.

I am going to submit Inland spousal application for my wife, I am waiting for her PCC. My confusion is, at what stage I can submit her OWP application. Can I submit it after receiving her AOR? IRCC website says you can submit after AIP, I am not sure at what stage we receive AIP letter.
In the old days, meaning until the very recent requirement that the Inland application be submitted online (only), an applicant was not eligible for the OWP until they reached the AIP milestone, especially if the applicant was out of status. It now seems as though an Inland applicant, applying online is eligible to apply for the OWP as soon as they receive AOR, which comes a lot faster than AIP. If, by chance, your wife is out of status, it probably would not be processed until she does get AIP, which is the stage after the sponsor has been approved.

Make sure you are seeing current info on the IRCC website, especially regarding applying online only for sponsorship and OWP.

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Hello friends,

We need your help. We have an outland spousal application in process and on the PR-Tracker, we see that on Sept. 15, 2022, the medical exam activity was updated to in progress. The issue is that we never received any instructions related to the medical exam. We checked our emails and junk/spam folders and nothing in there. Also, we noticed an IME document number appeared under Documents tab, in the PR-Tracker.

Did someone experience this type of situation?
What should we do?
Should we wait or email the immigration office? Our visa office is London.

Thank you for all your help!

velenciaang

Nov 25, 2016
For Spousal sponsorship, IMM 5562 is only to be filled for principal applicant's travel info not for sponsor. It is a generic form that is used for different PR categories and not just for spousal sponsorship. In your case you should just write N/A for sponsor.

abhaybatta007

Sep 9, 2019
In the old days, meaning until the very recent requirement that the Inland application be submitted online (only), an applicant was not eligible for the OWP until they reached the AIP milestone, especially if the applicant was out of status. It now seems as though an Inland applicant, applying online is eligible to apply for the OWP as soon as they receive AOR, which comes a lot faster than AIP. If, by chance, your wife is out of status, it probably would not be processed until she does get AIP, which is the stage after the sponsor has been approved.

Make sure you are seeing current info on the IRCC website, especially regarding applying online only for sponsorship and OWP.
Thank you so much for your reply