+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you. This is what I just got an update but dont know what is this about. Anyone help me to understand this update ? Thanks in advance

Ibtii10

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
VISIT

Skh052019

Oct 25, 2020
same here ghost updates almost everyday now. i dont what is happening.
only thing in process is background check pending.
My medical passed on April 29th and received nothing after then, but so many ghost updates on PR tracker , as you said almost everyday. Now I am thinking maybe the updates is just system update and doesn't mean that the officer is actually working on the case.

waitingformyspouse

Star Member
Mar 30, 2022
Hi guys,

Can I please get some help?
My husband recently got his PPR and about to receive his passport back, expected July 25th. We are wondering, do we get a COPR document to travel OR is it just the passport with Visa on it that we can travel with?
Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys,

Can I please get some help?
My husband recently got his PPR and about to receive his passport back, expected July 25th. We are wondering, do we get a COPR document to travel OR is it just the passport with Visa on it that we can travel with?
Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thank you.
Your husband will receive visa+ COPR

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Hi
I submitted my file 12 april (online outland)
Aor on 14 july
And nothing after that yet?? Is it normal??? Bcz as far as i have seen people got med bio or sa same day or within week …. But I haven’t got much

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Hi
I submitted my file 12 april (online outland)
Aor on 14 july
And nothing after that yet?? Is it normal??? Bcz as far as i have seen people got med bio or sa same day or within week …. But I haven’t got much
For my case, it took around 40 days to get any other updates. I think they send the med and bio once they are done or close to finishing the SA

Neeraja_b

Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
We had applied spousal sponsorship (Outland) for my husband last July 2021.
Our medical and eligibility are approved and we received our Pre-arrival email on April 27, 2022. However, there has been no update regarding background verification. The status has been “Not started yet” for almost 3 months now.
Could someone pls let me know how long more would it take for the background verification to start and complete and when can we expect the passport request?
Also, if anyone had applied in July 2021 and has received their CoPR, can share the timeline, that would be great!
Thanks in Advance.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Our timeline:

Application submitted (online/inland): November 3, 2021
Application received: December 23, 2021
AOR: April 14, 2022
Biometrics received (exempted): April 19, 2022
Medical passed (exempted): April 19, 2022
Eligibility completed: April 29, 2022
Pre-arrival letter: April 29, 2022
Background completed: June 17, 2022
Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) email and reply: June 18, 2022
Permanent Residence Portal account created: June 23, 2022
Permanent Residence Portal account with temporary password (account reset): June 30, 2022
Completed PR Portal requirements: July 20, 2022 (we were on holidays overseas until this date)
eCoPR ready in PR Portal: July 22, 2022

Good luck all. Our journey ends here.

Nitin Shukla

Jul 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am Canadian PR holder since 2019. I am trying to sponsor my wife for PR via spousal sponsorship scheme. However I have the following complications:

I do not have my PR card. Because it was lost in transit for the first dispatch. Then second one got indefinitely delayed due to Covid and then again lost in transit.

I have my original COPR from Oct 2019.

I have a comfortable job 100K+ post tax since Dec 2020 in Canada by a Canadian Employer.

I hired a consultant in India who told me PR card was essential for getting a spousal sponsorship or the application gets rejected. I am in India (outside Canada due to my mother's genuine illness backed by medical records hence can't apply for a PR card). I am still employed remotely by Canadian employers.

I guess my question is COPR is not enough for sponsoring my WIfe? Any advise is appreciated

Regards,
Nitin