+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Reason for this : New Delhi office very slow and lots of applications stucks as compared to Ottawa . Correct me if m wrong .
Anything that could change any actions that you could take? (My own view on above: it's more simple, complicated/hard files more likely to get sent to Delhi.)

Either way, your file gets sent where it gets sent.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Dear members
I have a question if anyone can answer this.
My brother got married in pakistan and he is canadian citizen and just recieved his marriage certificate mentioning his nationality pakistani..does he need to change his nationality as canadian in marriage certificate? He also has nicop porving dual nationality..

Thank you for the replies

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear members
I have a question if anyone can answer this.
My brother got married in pakistan and he is canadian citizen and just recieved his marriage certificate mentioning his nationality pakistani..does he need to change his nationality as canadian in marriage certificate? He also has nicop porving dual nationality..

Thank you for the replies
The "citizenship" on the marriage certificate does not matter. Plus in fact, Canada recongize dual citizenship.

Reactions: Maher_mohamed4

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Well, my timeline’s a bit scary…
I first applied on Oct 5 2021 but received rejection email on Jan 20th 2022. Then reapplied on Jan 20th itself. But on March 2, I recieven an email from cic stating there’s an update on my file. When I opened my online portal, the submission date automatically changed to that of March 2..
So,
March 2 - file received via online portal (Outland)
March 17 - AOR
March 31 - Biometrics, Medicals
June 1 - Sponsor’s Approval
June 2 - Medical given
June 3 - Biometrics given
June 16 - Pre arrival
But there’s no change on my tracker
If you dont mind could you please tell me the reason of refusal?

Krishna1993

Jul 4, 2022
Hini received my request for visa letter and I sent a webform on monday 18 july that i am inside canada but I didn’t even get a confirmation do you think i should send another one?
I think for Web form I get automated response that we have high volume of inquiry we might not response on time. there is no harm to try one more.

Reactions: Hanouni

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think for Web form I get automated response that we have high volume of inquiry we might not response on time. there is no harm to try one more.
There is potential harm. Webform inquiries get added to your file and they MUST look at all the webforms before taking any important steps on the file. You wouldn't want them to refuse you because they didn't read your webform, right?

Well, when an officer has a free half hour and wants to complete something (because, like anyone, they know if they can't finish and have to return to it later they have to start over AND there will possibly be more webforms), which one will they pick 'at random' from their inbox - the super-thick file with dozens of webforms or the thin one?

Don't get me wrong - do webforms for important communications, corrections, etc. But sending them frequent webforms quite possibly will delay processing of your file. And of course, webforms that amount to "hey what's up with my file" actualy serve very little purpose and are not going to get any kind of response except an automated or form letter. (Subsequent inquiries of substance will be more likely to be ignored too)

Krishna1993

Jul 4, 2022
There is potential harm. Webform inquiries get added to your file and they MUST look at all the webforms before taking any important steps on the file. You wouldn't want them to refuse you because they didn't read your webform, right?

Well, when an officer has a free half hour and wants to complete something (because, like anyone, they know if they can't finish and have to return to it later they have to start over AND there will possibly be more webforms), which one will they pick 'at random' from their inbox - the super-thick file with dozens of webforms or the thin one?

Don't get me wrong - do webforms for important communications, corrections, etc. But sending them frequent webforms quite possibly will delay processing of your file. And of course, webforms that amount to "hey what's up with my file" actualy serve very little purpose and are not going to get any kind of response except an automated or form letter. (Subsequent inquiries of substance will be more likely to be ignored too)
You have a good point here. Sorry I did missed that part.

Reactions: armoured

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022

Yes that’s what I am afraid about but I am also concerned if my previous webform was received so I don’t know what to do

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes that’s what I am afraid about but I am also concerned if my previous webform was received so I don’t know what to do
You sent your webform on July 18? That's nothing. Assume all correspondence with IRCC takes two weeks to get a response (IF and only IF there was actual substance), minimum. Four weeks is normal. (For them anyway)

Reactions: Hanouni

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hi Guys,
I submitted Outland Spousal Sponsorship Application on June 1st 2022, and yet to receive AOR . It’s almost 2 months now , does it usually take this long ?
please where can I access the spreadsheet where we input and track our timelines.
thanks

Isha902

Jan 26, 2022
Hello everyone,
I’m wondering if there’s someone in the same boat as me? We got the pre-arrival letter on April 30th and since then there have been sooo many ghost updates in the PR tracker. Everything else in the tracker shows ‘Completed’. Any idea when the PPR can be sent? There’s no COPR number updated in the account as well.
same here ghost updates almost everyday now. i dont what is happening.
only thing in process is background check pending.

vickynain007

Oct 31, 2015
hi, Can someone please tell how to upload PR photo for applicant for online spousal application?

Do I have to upload a digital photo or/and pdf with front and back of photo side by side?