canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,

My mother who is a Canadian citizen is sponsoring my father (inland submission).
The file was submitted Sept 2021 and an automatic reception email was sent.
However an official "acknowledgement of receipt" has still NOT been received.

My father applied for an open work permit afterwards online as well (Oct 2021) but was refused given he did not have an AOR for his sponsorship.
Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Does anyone know the delays for an AOR when submitting online inland?

Thanks in advance
I think is too early for the AOR....Patience small

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, does anybody know if it's okay to send a webform for the new passport during the PR process? I got my passport renewed and uploaded a scanned copy through the webform on March 8th. Today, I got the COPR number uploaded on my tracker with my old passport information which expires next year. So I sent another webform to have the information fixed but I'm not really sure if my COPR expiry date & passport info will be eventually updated.

Thank you in advance!
You can do both but it depends on how long it takes for IRCC to update it. Another thing is, since your old passport has one year more, you can still use the old one...COPR and bringing passport is only for a while then after you can still use your new passport....

Reactions: Nomnoms

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello, Im a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, I wish to sponsor my future spouse (engagement done) who lives in Pakistan. Has anyone who sponsored a spouse from Pakistan recently tell me how much time I can expect to wait? How complicated is the process?
But engagement is not marriage....Do the marriage first and then start the process

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Sorry, just coming to this thread. My apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Situation: I am a PR, employed, and my wife came to Canada 1 week earlier on study visa.
Context: We got married July 2021 IN INDIA. I lived for 6 months in Canada while she was in India. She is in Canada now.

1. Do we need a registered marriage before I apply for her spousal sponsorship. I heard they might cause a problem by saying you mis-led us because you took a study visa, even though we were single when she applied for her visa.
2. Can I file for taxes right now as single, or can I apply with mentioning a spouse? If I say I am married now, will it cause a problem during spousal application?
You don't need to register the marriage again....Once the recognized marriage document is the one acceptable by IRCC you are good.

Yes, you can file tax for you both

gudimee

Mar 20, 2022
Hello all, My wife is in India and I am in Canada, so can I sponsor her using online portal application or do I have to compulsorily submit paper based application to Nova Scotia?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello all, My wife is in India and I am in Canada, so can I sponsor her using online portal application or do I have to compulsorily submit paper based application to Nova Scotia?
You can apply online. You have the choice of paper or online. Choose only 1.

Reactions: gudimee

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You can use any of those but for safely and document protection....use online

Reactions: gudimee

muhsin90

Mar 20, 2022
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Spousal PR Sponsorship that I wish some would have experience or knowledge with.

I am a Canadian citizen, and my wife is currently living with me as a visitor (not working), on eTA (Netherlands passport - visa-exempt). eTA rules dictate that she can stay for up to 6 months at a time, but can enter as many times as she would like, as long as the eTA or passport is valid (in her case up to 2026).

Now, we have just submitted our "inland" Spousal PR Sponsorship + Open-work permit application package. The 6 month period of her stay is coming up next month (less than 30 days remaining). We have not received the AOR yet.

We are planning a short trip to Malaysia (a few weeks), to visit my family, in July.

My questions are as follows:
  1. What's the best way for her to extend her stay here in Canada with me? Would applying for extension of the visitor status online be best? Does the open-work permit application give her implied status for now, or is that only after AOR?
  2. What are the possible affects for us traveling in July? Could it affect our PR application?

Thanks.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Spousal PR Sponsorship that I wish some would have experience or knowledge with.

I am a Canadian citizen, and my wife is currently living with me as a visitor (not working), on eTA (Netherlands passport - visa-exempt). eTA rules dictate that she can stay for up to 6 months at a time, but can enter as many times as she would like, as long as the eTA or passport is valid (in her case up to 2026).

Now, we have just submitted our "inland" Spousal PR Sponsorship + Open-work permit application package. The 6 month period of her stay is coming up next month (less than 30 days remaining). We have not received the AOR yet.

We are planning a short trip to Malaysia (a few weeks), to visit my family, in July.

My questions are as follows:
  1. What's the best way for her to extend her stay here in Canada with me? Would applying for extension of the visitor status online be best? Does the open-work permit application give her implied status for now, or is that only after AOR?
  2. What are the possible affects for us traveling in July? Could it affect our PR application?

Thanks.
Just relax.....She is now on implied status until IRCC makes a decision on the work permit. However, still apply to extend her stay and as for the travel....wait small until she has any paper in her hands....or you can go and come and when she gets any of her papers, then both of you can go together!!

muhsin90

Mar 20, 2022
Just relax.....She is now on implied status until IRCC makes a decision on the work permit. However, still apply to extend her stay and as for the travel....wait small until she has any paper in her hands....or you can go and come and when she gets any of her papers, then both of you can go together!!
Hmm.. I understand that she has implied status. However, as others have quoted on this thread, there are no rules or laws that prohibit couples with inland PR application from leaving the country - they only have to be allowed to re-enter the country. This site also explains: https://dfimmigration.ca/2021/06/09/can-i-leave-canada-after-applying-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship/

Since my wife is visa-exempt, technically she should not have any issue with entering the country. Of course it depends on the officer..

Why do you recommend to apply to extend her stay btw? An immigration consultant I spoke to said that inadvisable, since it's conflicting with the intention of staying in Canada permanently - so why are we applying for "temporary" status?

From what I understand, the implied status is also revoked if she were to leave the country - in that case, a new visitor status is required. Would it be advisable to take a short trip to the US now, before the initial 6 months of her stay expires?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hmm.. I understand that she has implied status. However, as others have quoted on this thread, there are no rules or laws that prohibit couples with inland PR application from leaving the country - they only have to be allowed to re-enter the country. This site also explains: https://dfimmigration.ca/2021/06/09/can-i-leave-canada-after-applying-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship/

Since my wife is visa-exempt, technically she should not have any issue with entering the country. Of course it depends on the officer..

Why do you recommend to apply to extend her stay btw? An immigration consultant I spoke to said that inadvisable, since it's conflicting with the intention of staying in Canada permanently - so why are we applying for "temporary" status?

From what I understand, the implied status is also revoked if she were to leave the country - in that case, a new visitor status is required. Would it be advisable to take a short trip to the US now, before the initial 6 months of her stay expires?
I think anything that works best for you should be chosen....Just play it safe for you both!!

jm90

Jan 10, 2019

Hi can you please tell me which spousal sponsirhip consultant you spoke to? I am looking for one just to answer a few questions, so hourly is good. Don't need one to fill and review forms and all...

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019
Relax. You sent them the new passport information, that's good. The next time they'll look at it is when they do passport request, at which point you submit your new passport.

You're not the first person to renew a passport during the process. They'll just update the info.
I see! I wasn't too sure if they'd request my passport as I'm an inland applicant. Thank you so much for the help! Really appreciate it :).

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019
You can do both but it depends on how long it takes for IRCC to update it. Another thing is, since your old passport has one year more, you can still use the old one...COPR and bringing passport is only for a while then after you can still use your new passport....
Thank you so much for the help, efie! I will do that :) Have a great evening!

muhsin90

Mar 20, 2022
Hi can you please tell me which spousal sponsirhip consultant you spoke to? I am looking for one just to answer a few questions, so hourly is good. Don't need one to fill and review forms and all...
I'm based in BC, I spoke to the immigration consultant here: http://www.kbx.ca/home.html

I also didn't have my forms filled in and reviewed, just had some questions before and after (for the questions I asked here). One thing he was not too sure about was with eTA holders, so I'm finding myself searching for answers elsewhere.