+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Don't understand your question. Most people have their birth certificates issued soon after they were born.
So those are all "old"???
I don't think any adult has "new birth certificate"
Yes sir.
But do I require to make it digitally? ( it takes a long time so)

is it ok if I do affidavit for spelling errors in name?
Place of birth in birth certificate- BOMBAY
Place of birth in passport- MUMBAI

is it ok?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
How can I make that new like??
You have to check with local authorities to find out the process of issuing a new copy.

@armoured 's post above covers the topic in detail.

If the one you currently have says Bombay then I assume the document is older than 1995. In that case I'd suggest getting a new copy if that process is easy.

But if the process is crazy long (6 months) then apply for the new copy anyways but submit your sponsorship application with the old one and include a letter of explanation about that it's old and it will take you 6 months to get a new copy. Mention to them that if IRCC wants the new copy they can let you know and you can provide it later when it arrives.

Note this second option might be over complicating a simple situation. It's your call.

HD092020

Mar 3, 2021
Brampton
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
27-05-2023
Hello,

i have questionregarding birth certificate.My wife has old birth certificate..sois it acceptable?
So far if its clear to read and is English as I understand there’s no expiry date for that. If there are any errors submit LOE and write clear words along with the application and apply for new one.

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019
Hi, does anybody know if it's okay to send a webform for the new passport during the PR process? I got my passport renewed and uploaded a scanned copy through the webform on March 8th. Today, I got the COPR number uploaded on my tracker with my old passport information which expires next year. So I sent another webform to have the information fixed but I'm not really sure if my COPR expiry date & passport info will be eventually updated.

Thank you in advance!

HD092020

Mar 3, 2021
Brampton
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
27-05-2023
Hi, does anybody know if it's okay to send a webform for the new passport during the PR process? I got my passport renewed and uploaded a scanned copy through the webform on March 8th. Today, I got the COPR number uploaded on my tracker with my old passport information which expires next year. So I sent another webform to have the information fixed but I'm not really sure if my COPR expiry date & passport info will be eventually updated.

Thank you in advance!
You still have old passport so it should be okay. You have to carry all passports all the time

Reactions: Nomnoms

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
You have to check with local authorities to find out the process of issuing a new copy.

If the one you currently have says Bombay then I assume the document is older than 1995. In that case I'd suggest getting a new copy if that process is easy.

But if the process is crazy long (6 months) then apply for the new copy anyways but submit your sponsorship application with the old one and include a letter of explanation about that it's old and it will take you 6 months to get a new copy. Mention to them that if IRCC wants the new copy they can let you know and you can provide it later when it arrives.

Note this second option might be over complicating a simple situation. It's your call.
Hello,

how IRCC varify my birth certificate as it is busiest municipality and no one taking call and replying on email..so how would they check and making progress in my application?

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017

Yes I ll get new one.

but how IRCC varify my birth certificate as they are not mentioned contact number or anything

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
So far if its clear to read and is English as I understand there’s no expiry date for that. If there are any errors submit LOE and write clear words along with the application and apply for new one.
Yes it is clear and readable but I might order new one.
But how ircc validate birth certificate if municipalities are not taking call?

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017

Hello,

how IRCC varify birth certificate as In mumbai they are not mentioned contact number of hospital or anything

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Thank you in advance!
Relax. You sent them the new passport information, that's good. The next time they'll look at it is when they do passport request, at which point you submit your new passport.

You're not the first person to renew a passport during the process. They'll just update the info.

Reactions: Nomnoms