Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Is there some reason why I'm not able to link the application to the new tracker?
The medical is passed and they are not allowing us to create the account for portal.
They are showing the error message.
Is too early....relax

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone,
I'm currently on PGWP. I have applied for spouse Visa for my wife. Here is the time line till now:
Application submitted - Feb 24, 2022
Biometrics request and done - Feb 25 2022
Upfront medical done - Feb 20 2022
Medical passed - March 07 2022

Current status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
They are checking the background right now.

Can somebody tell me how long will it take till PPR?

On top of that, I'm not able to link the application to the new online tracker even after passing of medical.
When I try to create the account, the error message says hat they might have not started the application.
I have applied online with GC key. Any advise would be helpful.
Thanks everyone
Probably quite early to link account - give it a few weeks before linking.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Reason i am asking is i sponsored my girlfriend via common law sponsorship inland she has received ECOPR and through portal and signed it but is still waiting for PR card ..Relationship has broken down and was wondering if i can still withdraw my sponsorship?
It's too late to withdraw if she had already landed virtually.
Did she start to apply for social assistant?

@dasha0609

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hi guys, what’s the timeframe nowadays to both AOR and getting application approved ? (Based on recent applications). We are submitting for Outland in the next few weeks

Mar 17, 2022
Hello, Im a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, I wish to sponsor my future spouse (engagement done) who lives in Pakistan. Has anyone who sponsored a spouse from Pakistan recently tell me how much time I can expect to wait? How complicated is the process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, Im a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, I wish to sponsor my future spouse (engagement done) who lives in Pakistan. Has anyone who sponsored a spouse from Pakistan recently tell me how much time I can expect to wait? How complicated is the process?
You'll be able to sponsor your spouse after you get married. Process takes about a year. Information on how to apply is here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

zara101

Jan 13, 2021
I'm in the process of applying for PR for my husband. In the online portal, I see that they ask to submit civil status and identity documents. Now is that my spouse's Birth certificate and our marriage certificate?

Yagneshpatel9194

Nov 13, 2021
Hello
Can someone please reply
I am PR and my wife is on work permit
I want to do spouse application for her for her PR
And after applying we both want to go to India for 3 months (mostly in October end)
I will submit her application on April End
so if i will apply for inland application
Can we both travel or not?
Please reply
Thank you

Vaish Ap

May 12, 2021
Today, we received the pre-arrival services letter. Does that mean PR is coming soon?
Spousal sponsorship, inland.
It means that the medicals has been cleared and the background check is in progress. My spouse got the pre arrival letter this morning.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

i have questionregarding birth certificate.My wife has old birth certificate..sois it acceptable?
Don't understand your question. Most people have their birth certificates issued soon after they were born.
So those are all "old"???
I don't think any adult has "new birth certificate"

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't understand your question. Most people have their birth certificates issued soon after they were born.
So those are all "old"???
I don't think any adult has "new birth certificate"
Well ... not exactly. Personally I'd say if you can get a new 'extract' / copy of your birth certificate, and if you think a bit less likely to get some officer finding the form old dodgy or thinking it's not a valid birth certificate (because old and with a weird name), then sure, submit a new one.

So background:
-most places with a civil registry will let you order a 'new' birth certificate. (Note, no way this info can be universal, but many many countries provinces states etc have similar procedures, or at least similar in the main).

-They might call it different things, long form/short form, record of live birth (older name that), blah blah blah, doesn't matter. But it's NOT really a printed version of the original data - it's a new print-out of the data from the original acc to the new form. (Might be called an extract or a duplicate or whatever - doesn't matter - but should almost everywhere be on fancy paper or with an official stamp.) Okay, some places might actually send you a photocopy or printed copy of the microfiche records.

(My birth certificate original was a very different format than the new one I ordered a year ago, with different name and everything)

And why might this be better? Civil registries in lots of places consolidated (e g from parishes or some other sub-set) and changed the names of the forms and the like. Name of issuing authority might have changed. And in some places there's confusion about the piece of paper that might be issued at the hospital, which could be called almost anything but just a doc you have to take to the govt to get registered (or it gets done automatically), and the one that's later issued by the civil registry that is the actual birth certificate. And some old ones just don't photocopy well. (Although some new ones don't either because made to prevent copying)

Anyway: I'm not discouraging anyone from using their old one. But if you want to keep the old one, do not send the original, it will nOT be returned by IRCC. (IRCC mostly accepts photocopies of those in English so shouldn't be sending originals anway...)

Or, if you're getting documents anyway and think it might be a good idea to have an extra or current one, and it doesn't take you much time to order a new one, then why not? It probably won't cost that much or take too long (and if you're from a place where it does take a long time, you might want to order just in case and stick in a safe deposit box)

Reactions: DimT44