waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MilesAway said:
IMM5540, question 8. Have you resided in countries other than Canada? Give the name of the countries where you resided, your complete address(es) and telephone numbers in these countries, as well as period of residence at each address.

It's pretty clear that they are asking for all that, for all addresses outside Canada. I'm having the same problem, as I cannot remember the cell phone number I had when I was here in Russia the first time.
if it's not possible to remember the phone numbers, then just put n/a for that spot. addresses are more important because they can be verified. cell/land line numbers can't be verified if they are no longer in service. if you feel the need to explan then put in your answer that the line was disconnected, and thre is no way to retrieve the info. trust me, my application was not perfect, and not all answers provided the *exact* info requested. you can only do so much with the information you have. i am sure the visa officers understand this. i doubt not providing a phone number for a place you lived 10+ years ago is going to rouse suspicion that you are hiding somthing. put as much information as you have, explain why what's requested is not there, and you will be fine.

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-09-2014 , SA : 30-10-2014
File Transfer...
AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
My issue is I am in USA on student visa and it will expire in August 2015.My husband is Canadian citizen and lives in Canada. We will be filing my application in Aug 2014 so considering which VO to choose.
NDVO, if it request for passport right away in couple of months then i will have to leave everything and move back to India. I can still choose VO as Ottawa as the website says VO to select in country of nationality or where you have been legally admitted for at least one year so i am confused what to do.Any suggestions?

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
We have been asked to redo IMM5669 personal history and addresses. Do we have to rewrite all the information or just what they ask?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
rs3710 said:
My issue is I am in USA on student visa and it will expire in August 2015.My husband is Canadian citizen and lives in Canada. We will be filing my application in Aug 2014 so considering which VO to choose.
NDVO, if it request for passport right away in couple of months then i will have to leave everything and move back to India. I can still choose VO as Ottawa as the website says VO to select in country of nationality or where you have been legally admitted for at least one year so i am confused what to do.Any suggestions?
one thing to be aware of *if* you choose ottawa. there seems to be a trend of non us citizens applying through ottawa get their application sent to LA. I am not sure if this is really the reason, it just seems to be a "trend". if an application is sent to LA, more likely than not an interview will be requested. again, this may not be true for all, just seems to be what is currently happening. If an interview is being requestd, it seems to be around the 1 year mark, so the processing will be longer than ottawa for sure. despite what is indicated on the cic site, i don't *think* it will take as long as it suggests. Most people on this forum with files in LA have not done the interview yet, so it's hard to determine what the trend is for after the interview. I would encourage you to check out the new dehli thread to see what the trend is for that visa office. it may still be beneficial to apply through ottawa and see what happens. also, keep in mind, no matter what you put in as your visa office of choice, CIC will send it to where they see fit.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
tweetybird said:
We have been asked to redo IMM5669 personal history and addresses. Do we have to rewrite all the information or just what they ask?
what specifically was requested? if it's to supply a new form, then everything needs to be redone for that form. if they wrote something specific that was missing, i *think* they do that to give you a clue as to what info is missing so they don't have to ask for it again.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
what specifically was requested? if it's to supply a new form, then everything needs to be redone for that form. if they wrote something specific that was missing, i *think* they do that to give you a clue as to what info is missing so they don't have to ask for it again.
There was just a gap for 2 months when he was moving states so they asked for that and also they asked for the address since 18 years old again which remains the same

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
tweetybird said:
There was just a gap for 2 months when he was moving states so they asked for that and also they asked for the address since 18 years old again which remains the same
if he was moving, his activity was moving. even though he was moving, he probably still had a "permanent address" somewhere. if not, state there was no permanent address during that time, and explain where he was moving from/to. if he lived in his car, then he needs to write he lived in his car. bottom line is there can be no gaps in personal history or addresses. no matter what, he was still living on this earth, so he needs to account for that. :)

navlereve

Aug 7, 2014
hi my spouse sponsership file has been transfer to delhi on 23rd july 2014

can u pls tell how long is gonna take to get her PR

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
navlereve said:
hi my spouse sponsership file has been transfer to delhi on 23rd july 2014

can u pls tell how long is gonna take to get her PR
it will be quite some time. for specifics on new dehli, go here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.2100.html

navlereve

Aug 7, 2014
hi guys my spouse sponsership file is transfered to delhi on 23rd july 2014

i have applied from edmonton canada and she is in india these days

can please someone tell how long its gonna take to get her PR

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
navlereve said:
hi guys my spouse sponsership file is transfered to delhi on 23rd july 2014

i have applied from edmonton canada and she is in india these days

can please someone tell how long its gonna take to get her PR
ok, since it seems you are applying inland, then this is the thread you want. the wait for inland processing is much longer.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.2235.html

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
Dude, So I thought I was almost done everything and then I realized we had prepared everything for INLAND. We want OUTLAND because we heard that its considerably faster. On being approved as a "Sponsor" it says:

If you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement and you and, if applicable, your co-signer:
• •
are not producing an original Option-C printout of your last Notice of Assessment for the most recent year or are producing an original Option-C printout of your last Notice of Assessment for the most recent year, but the total income reported on your and your co-signer's printout is less than the mininum necessary income, provide a photocopy of the following documents
(a) Evidence of employment income (pay stubs) over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application, if you and your co-signer are employed
(b) Evidence of self-employment income (statement of business activities) over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application, if you and your co-signer are the sole owners of or partners in an uncorporated business
(c) Evidence of interest income (bank statement showing rate of interest, deposit amount and length of time deposit held), over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application, if you and your co-signer received interest
(d) Evidence of:
- investment income (e.g., dividends), - rental income (e.g., statement of real estate rentals), - pension income, - special benefits income (e.g., certificate delivered by HRDC confirming payment of maternity,
parental or sickness benefits), - other income (give details below)
received over the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship application, if you and your co-signer received such income.

UHHHHH... Why? Why can't these people speak plain English. This is all messed up. I thought I wouldn't be refused as a sponsor because I don't make enough money. What is this.

Time is of the essence, and my Husband is currently in Canada on a Visitor Visa awaiting the PR we haven't even sent in yet. I've cried enought tears and I JUST NEED THIS TO BE OVER!

Help. For Outland... What do I need to do.

Also, For many of the APPLICANTS Forms, it states "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form."

I AM A SPONSOR but also a family member/ Spouse. So do I have to fill out my own and send them in? And my husbands 4 siblings who have no desire to come to Canada obviously don't count in this, yeah?

Thanks a million all. This is a B@starddddddddd!

X

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Family members refers to spouses and children. Since you are the sponsor, you only fill out the sponsor forms. Your spouse fills out the principal applicant forms. If you have kids, then you need forms for them too.

Siblings and parents are only mentioned on the additional family information form.

You do need to send in either an Option C from CRA, or proof that you are employed. If you are not employed, then provide some evidence as to how you will support yourself and your spouse. You won't be refused for financial reasons (unless you have no plan and it's obvious that you will need welfare). You just need to show CIC that you will not go on welfare.

sarah johns

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
i have a question please , my husband is a pr holder and im pregnant now and want to go deliver in canada but the problem he didnt start doing my sponsorship papers yet so i dont have a medical insurance as well . so is it easy for me to get the canada visa and how long should i stay there before giving birth ? and for the fees how much it willl cost me as i dont have a med insurance ?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You've posted this many times, and the answers are the same.

What country are you from? Are you visa-exempt? If you require a visa, it may be difficult to get one.
The cost of delivering in Canada can be quite high, 10,000$ or more, depending on the province, and the particulars of your case.