Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2011 Passport submt:19- 05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-07-2011
i thought a financial support is required when the dependant child has a child of their own and not when the spouse has a dependant child

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
scylla said:
Yes - you definitely need a police certificate from Mexico.

Have you seen the instructions on the CIC web site? They give you information on what you should do to obtain the PCC if outside of Mexico:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp
Scylla as I suspected when you go to the link you gave me it confirms what I said that you don't need the police check with your initial application. The visa office here in Mexico will contact us when it is time. From there we contatct the canadian embassy in mexico and receive a letter requesting this from the police here.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
We are finally ready to send our application tomorrow. I just have 2 final questions.

First on the weighbill at U.P.S. for Sponsorship what do we write?
Permanent residency application: Family class?

2 question. On the back of the visa photos do we just put the date the photos were taken? No name ?

Thanks everyone

dt-tdot

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
it's varies throughout the year and depends on a number of factors, mostly the increase of applications during certain months. it will probably go down at some point again. Also,it's a safe bet having ALL inland applications transferred to the mississauga office put some delay in the processing. Calling your MP will have NO effect on the processing time. For the majority of MPs, they are only willing to help out if the applicant is outside the processing time posted online. I highly doubt they will care at all about processing times increasing.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of the inland applications being transferred to Mississauga. I guess that's why there has been 3 occasions where their applications have been returned due to missing inland forms even though they are applying outland.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
ravi.nitya said:
Guys an idea if not having a job can get your applicaiton rejected for spousal? have any one of you here applied without having a job and got it approved?
Hey I got my pr last year and my wife was my sponsor and she was not working. We did not get any problem other than normal long wait lol

Aug 3, 2014
I am a divorced mom of 2, canadian citizens. I've been in a relationship for a year now, but he's in a working visa. I want to sponsor him under a common law partner. But the problem is I am under a debt settlement program. Am i still eligible to sponsor him? I have read that you cannot sponsor if you are in un-discharged bankruptcy. I dont know if they're just the same. We dont want to waste money for the application if there's no chance of getting approved because of my financial status. Thank you

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
as far as I know Bankruptcy is no way related to debt settlement.

ravi.nitya

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Dubai,UAE
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
22-06-2009
Med's Request
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
03-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2011 Passport submt:19- 05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-07-2011
nazam80 said:
Hey I got my pr last year and my wife was my sponsor and she was not working. We did not get any problem other than normal long wait lol
Thanks a lot nazam... is it possible you can share with me what exactly she wrote in the form to support her case about how she means to support herself? Also, how long did it take for you to get your visa?

lookeast

Aug 3, 2014
Hi Leon.

Thanks for the info. I'm just having trouble with the Sponsorship application form. My wife still lives in China and question # 3 in part 1 asks if there is a co signer on the application? Then it reads (co signer must be the spouse or common law partner of the applicant) How should I answer this? She can't co sing because she is not here. How should I answer this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
Hi!!
Everyone on here has been a huge help and I am in need of advice one more time!!

My boyfriend and I are applying for him to sponsor me VIA outland sponsorship as his common law wife. We have been living together for almost two years, while I am on a work permit from the states. While I was waiting for my work permit to come through, I was visiting him in Toronto for about 5 months, staying with him in his apartment and his roommates (i was not on the lease). When my work permit came through we stayed at that apartment for one more month until his lease was over and got an apartment together. He moved in about 2 weeks before me because right before we were approved for the apartment, I went back to the states for Christmas. Then I joined him in the new apartment in the new year.

My question is for IMM 5669E question 12 it asks to lists all the places you lived since the age of 18 or last ten years. I don't know what I should put for those 5 months I was visiting and and the one month i was a worker without an actual lease? Do i put his apartment or my familys home in the states even though I wasn't actually living there. I have stated question 9 of IMM5490 that I was visiting him for those months and when we got our apartment together. I just don't want to make a mistake and have our application thrown out or take longer.

Also - when there are small notes to be made on the application, would it be better to provide an explanation on a post-it note, or a separate sheet of paper? For example my boyfriend couldn't remember all the different phone numbers of places he lived in when he was very young.

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union - since he is sponsoring me and there are no co-signers, by the guide we don't need this. Should we include it anyway?

Thanks for the help!!
Sarah

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
lookeast said:
Hi Leon.

Thanks for the info. I'm just having trouble with the Sponsorship application form. My wife still lives in China and question # 3 in part 1 asks if there is a co signer on the application? Then it reads (co signer must be the spouse or common law partner of the applicant) How should I answer this? She can't co sing because she is not here. How should I answer this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
If you are sponsoring your wife, then she will not be your co-signer. Just answer no to the question.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ascouple said:
Also - when there are small notes to be made on the application, would it be better to provide an explanation on a post-it note, or a separate sheet of paper? For example my boyfriend couldn't remember all the different phone numbers of places he lived in when he was very young.
i am confused why he would need to provide phone numbers for places he's lived as a child? this makes no sense to me, and i don't remember needing to provide old phone numbers in either application. perhaps you are confused by what is being asked? which question specifically is this referencing?

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
hello,

Can someone please tell me what to mention on the "Case Processing Center" if i am applying for Canadian Spouse visa.
I am a Pakistani National.
will it be Islamabad or London. ?

Thanks & Regards,

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
nazam80 said:
hello,

Can someone please tell me what to mention on the "Case Processing Center" if i am applying for Canadian Spouse visa.
I am a Pakistani National.
will it be Islamabad or London. ?

Thanks & Regards,

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
i am confused why he would need to provide phone numbers for places he's lived as a child? this makes no sense to me, and i don't remember needing to provide old phone numbers in either application. perhaps you are confused by what is being asked? which question specifically is this referencing?
On his part of the application form imm5540E Question 8 it asks for addresses and phone numbers of places you resided outside of Canada. But most of these were when he was very young and him nor his parents remember the phone numbers.