AOR Received.
23-07-2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-14
Salar123 said:
hello,

Can someone please tell me what to mention on the "Case Processing Center" if i am applying for Canadian Spouse visa.
I am a Pakistani National.
will it be Islamabad or London. ?

Thanks & Regards,
are you the principal applicant or sponsor? If you are the applicant, it's best you write the visa office where you are residing at the moment. it will be easier for you to come if you're called for an interview.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Salar123 said:
hello,

Can someone please tell me what to mention on the "Case Processing Center" if i am applying for Canadian Spouse visa.
I am a Pakistani National.
will it be Islamabad or London. ?

Thanks & Regards,
If you look at the CIC site, it's clearly indicated that London processes all family class applications for Pakistani applicants.

Gituverma

Jul 30, 2014
Gituverma said:
I applied to sponsor my wife in Jan 2012, at that time the total processing time at Mississauga office was 3 months and at New Delhi 6 months, but by the time my file reached CHC New Delhi, they increased processing time at New Delhi to 10 months. Now, with all due respect, 10 months are also over, as they asked to submit passport to CHC New Delhi at the fag end of Jun 2012. I am wondering, as to what is happening in our case, as they don't even reply to the e-mails sent to them, it is pure hostile situation, as my wife & me, both are struggling as to where to start our lives, and we are nowhere.

I got in touch with my local MP office, who called up CHC New Delhi, and to MP office also they have given the time of 90 days to reply, as they call it norm. Correct me if I'm not wrong, are these the traits of a developed country, where you migrate with all your degrees and qualification, first up, you don't get decent jobs, and when you sponsor your spouse, they make you wait like crazy. I am sorry to be very crude but am sure everybody can understand my situation. Has anyone else is in similar situation as mine.

In Feb 2014 I was requested to send lots of documents to CHC Delhi, and then they scheduled my wife's interview for 25 Jun 2014, and after that she was handed over the passport saying that passport is required for medical as the medical expired, and wait time was given as one month...and now we're still waiting.
Is there anyone, who has been thru the same situation as mine......???
Interview done on 25 June 2014
and Still waiting for the reply.

TIME LINE
Application Submitted to CPC Mississauga - 26 Jan 2012
Application sent to CHC New Delhi - 25 Jun 2012
Request for additional Documents - 24 Jan 2014
Interview date given - 25 Apr 2014
Interview done - 25 Jun 2014
Latest Status - Still Waiting

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
To get prints done for FBI clearance while living in Canada..can you go to any branch of the Police to get that done? Here I only have choice of local regional police. RCMP are not in my jurisdiction. Or would he have to go to see a US border agent? Thanks.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KaZRa said:
To get prints done for FBI clearance while living in Canada..can you go to any branch of the Police to get that done? Here I only have choice of local regional police. RCMP are not in my jurisdiction. Or would he have to go to see a US border agent? Thanks.
you can get fingerprints done at any place that offers the service. just make sure they use the same fingerprint card that the FBI recommends using. you can even do them yourself with ink, if you trust yourself to do them correctly. The fingerprints, record check application and payment need to be sent directly to the FBI. CIC will not accept the record if it's received through a third party. The FBI will mail the record to you in canada.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
We just printed off the finger print page from the net. I assume if will suffice since they offer it on the FBI page.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KaZRa said:
We just printed off the finger print page from the net. I assume if will suffice since they offer it on the FBI page.
yes, that's the right one. i would suggest cutting it down to size (on the dotted lines) before going. When i printed it out on full paper, the technicians found it difficult to fit into the card holder used to get steady fingerprints.

rannvveer

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
new delhi
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
AOR Received.
sept9th 2014
File Transfer...
sept20th
Med's Done....
20/05/2014
Gituverma said:
Is there anyone, who has been thru the same situation as mine......???
Interview done on 25 June 2014
and Still waiting for the reply.

TIME LINE
Application Submitted to CPC Mississauga - 26 Jan 2012
Application sent to CHC New Delhi - 25 Jun 2012
Request for additional Documents - 24 Jan 2014
Interview date given - 25 Apr 2014
Interview done - 25 Jun 2014
Latest Status - Still Waiting

I cant believe it took you so longgggggggggggg

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
Hi!!
Everyone on here has been a huge help and I am in need of advice one more time!!

My boyfriend and I are applying for him to sponsor me VIA outland sponsorship as his common law wife. We have been living together for almost two years, while I am on a work permit from the states. While I was waiting for my work permit to come through, I was visiting him in Toronto for about 5 months, staying with him in his apartment and his roommates (i was not on the lease). When my work permit came through we stayed at that apartment for one more month until his lease was over and got an apartment together. He moved in about 2 weeks before me because right before we were approved for the apartment, I went back to the states for Christmas. Then I joined him in the new apartment in the new year.

My question is for IMM 5669E question 12 it asks to lists all the places you lived since the age of 18 or last ten years. I don't know what I should put for those 5 months I was visiting and and the one month i was a worker without an actual lease? Do i put his apartment or my familys home in the states even though I wasn't actually living there. I have stated question 9 of IMM5490 that I was visiting him for those months and when we got our apartment together. I just don't want to make a mistake and have our application thrown out or take longer.

Also - when there are small notes to be made on the application, would it be better to provide an explanation on a post-it note, or a separate sheet of paper? For example my boyfriend couldn't remember all the different phone numbers of places he lived in when he was very young.

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union - since he is sponsoring me and there are no co-signers, by the guide we don't need this. Should we include it anyway?

Thanks for the help!!
Sarah

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ascouple said:
Hi!!
Everyone on here has been a huge help and I am in need of advice one more time!!

My boyfriend and I are applying for him to sponsor me VIA outland sponsorship as his common law wife. We have been living together for almost two years, while I am on a work permit from the states. While I was waiting for my work permit to come through, I was visiting him in Toronto for about 5 months, staying with him in his apartment and his roommates (i was not on the lease). When my work permit came through we stayed at that apartment for one more month until his lease was over and got an apartment together. He moved in about 2 weeks before me because right before we were approved for the apartment, I went back to the states for Christmas. Then I joined him in the new apartment in the new year.

My question is for IMM 5669E question 12 it asks to lists all the places you lived since the age of 18 or last ten years. I don't know what I should put for those 5 months I was visiting and and the one month i was a worker without an actual lease? Do i put his apartment or my familys home in the states even though I wasn't actually living there. I have stated question 9 of IMM5490 that I was visiting him for those months and when we got our apartment together. I just don't want to make a mistake and have our application thrown out or take longer.

Also - when there are small notes to be made on the application, would it be better to provide an explanation on a post-it note, or a separate sheet of paper? For example my boyfriend couldn't remember all the different phone numbers of places he lived in when he was very young.

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union - since he is sponsoring me and there are no co-signers, by the guide we don't need this. Should we include it anyway?

Thanks for the help!!
Sarah
I posted this response yesterday. i don't understand where in the application it asks for PHONE NUMBERS for past residences...

i am confused why he would need to provide phone numbers for places he's lived as a child? this makes no sense to me, and i don't remember needing to provide old phone numbers in either application. perhaps you are confused by what is being asked? which question specifically is this referencing?

As for what address to put, i would think you can put either. What was your permanent address during that time? Did you consider your parent's home your permanent address or canada? it doesn't matter if you didn't have a lease while you were in cnada. if you were working on a work visa, your residence was in canada.

dreamtocanada_uk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/02/2014
Doc's Request.
16/08/2014
AOR Received.
07/03/2014
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Don't know
Med's Request
15/02/2015
Med's Done....
16/02/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not sure
Dear all experts,please give me some idea or instructions I am the PR in Canada and already applied for my wife more than 6 months.My wife is pregnant new baby is coming soon so how can I add (new born baby) with my application?what i have to do plz?

Aug 3, 2014
Galano1213 said:
as far as I know Bankruptcy is no way related to debt settlement.
so that means there are chances of getting approved even if im under a debt settlement program once all the requirements are good?

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
Hi, my patner Karl and I are waiting for out commonlaw sponsorship to go through, he is Irish and I'm Canadian, we are currently in Australia on a working holiday visa. We've estimated that we should hopefully get our pr granted in december, and our Australian visas expire in January, so we were planning on going to Canada for christmas and spend it with my family. So we would be booking one way tickets to canada but if Karls PR isnt granted yet he would be coming in as a visitor. He's come in one a one way ticket before from Ireland with no issues, but we are scared of risking it again, especially around christmas with busy airlines. I know it totally depends in the immigration officer you get, but if we explained our situation and proved that he has funds to support himself for a few months till he gets his PR do you think they would let him board the plane? we are probably flying qantas/air canada. Or should he book a refundable ticket to ireland?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Caroline T. said:
Hi, my patner Karl and I are waiting for out commonlaw sponsorship to go through, he is Irish and I'm Canadian, we are currently in Australia on a working holiday visa. We've estimated that we should hopefully get our pr granted in december, and our Australian visas expire in January, so we were planning on going to Canada for christmas and spend it with my family. So we would be booking one way tickets to canada but if Karls PR isnt granted yet he would be coming in as a visitor. He's come in one a one way ticket before from Ireland with no issues, but we are scared of risking it again, especially around christmas with busy airlines. I know it totally depends in the immigration officer you get, but if we explained our situation and proved that he has funds to support himself for a few months till he gets his PR do you think they would let him board the plane? we are probably flying qantas/air canada. Or should he book a refundable ticket to ireland?
I think he'll be ok, you should also take proof of your pr application as well

As for boarding the plane, you will need to check with whichever airline you will be flying with as I think they all have different procedures for one way tickets

I have entered Canada twice with a one way ticket and never had a problem, I just had to show my proof of funds and explain what I was doing there

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
I posted this response yesterday. i don't understand where in the application it asks for PHONE NUMBERS for past residences...

i am confused why he would need to provide phone numbers for places he's lived as a child? this makes no sense to me, and i don't remember needing to provide old phone numbers in either application. perhaps you are confused by what is being asked? which question specifically is this referencing?

As for what address to put, i would think you can put either. What was your permanent address during that time? Did you consider your parent's home your permanent address or canada? it doesn't matter if you didn't have a lease while you were in cnada. if you were working on a work visa, your residence was in canada.
IMM5540, question 8. Have you resided in countries other than Canada? Give the name of the countries where you resided, your complete address(es) and telephone numbers in these countries, as well as period of residence at each address.

It's pretty clear that they are asking for all that, for all addresses outside Canada. I'm having the same problem, as I cannot remember the cell phone number I had when I was here in Russia the first time.