29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
ManpreetSondh said:
hi
I filed my spousal sponsorship file in CPC-M in dec. 2013 and received AOR and SA in jan 2014............... then on jan 24th, 2014 newsletter delhi visa office send me PPR and my spouse submitted it.............. now I want to know what will happen next............. how long they will take to issue visa................. while the status shows that application received and medical results have been received.............plz help
ND office keeps passport for a long time. I believe the current processing time is listed at 12 mo. but it varies. What happens now is you wait to hear from them again that your passport is ready to pick up.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
*thanks "toutesweet" for ou earlier answer, really appreciate it:)

Just to make sure I uderstand you correctly, if all goes well I should hear from the office soon that I am acceted for first stage or PR? If its just for first stage, I can apply for a work permit right? Can I do this online, it looks like its way quicker that way... And is it going to be amother 8months wait for PR then?

Sorry to be nuisance, but i really appreciate your help.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Konabo said:
*thanks "toutesweet" for ou go but it varies. It can be fasterearlier answer, really appreciate it:)

Just to make sure I uderstand you correctly, if all goes well I should hear from the office soon that I am acceted for first stage or PR? If its just for first stage, I can apply for a work permit right? Can I do this online, it looks like its way quicker that way... And is it going to be amother 8months wait for PR then?

Sorry to be nuisance, but i really appreciate your help.
No nuisance. The 12 mo is from when ND receives it which I believe you said was in Jan so about 12 mo. I think there's a New Delhi forum if you want to look at their timelines. If the application was forwarded to ND I think you can safely say you have passed first stage approval. You said you got sponsorship approval correct? That is the first stage. I don't know much about work permits I'm afraid

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Konabo said:
With an inland application, you were supposed to have mailed your application for Open Work Permit along with your inland PR app. Then the OWP would have been processed automatically at same time as stage 1 approval. Also the app for OWP is what gives you "implied' status in Canada. So if you didn't submit it, then unless you have a valid study/work/visitor visa already, technically you are in Canada illegally.

So you should definitely apply for OWP as soon as you get acceptance letter for stage 1 approval.

Time now to wait is anytime up to 8 months. Some people get quicker than that, and some longer, since all cases are different.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Thanks for the information.

"Rob_To", do you think I should send an application for an OWP now while my app is being processed?
Also, the 8 month wait is that for PR or first stage approval? In my wife's email she received that said she has been accepted as a sponsor, they also mentioned that the applicant will hear from that office 'shortly'. That might have been for the medical exam ( which I already did, and has been recieved) but hopefully instead for first stage approval right? What do you think?

* thanks again, you guys rock for doing this.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Konabo said:
^^ do they email you this first stage acceptance letter?
^^^ oh and yes, I understand that I'm texhenically illegal in Canada:( that's why I'm eager to apply for a work permit and it got me worried that i havn't received first stage approval yet eventhough my wife has been accepted as a sponsor and they requested a medical exam from me.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Konabo said:
Thanks for the information.

"Rob_To", do you think I should send an application for an OWP now while my app is being processed?
Also, the 8 month wait is that for PR or first stage approval? In my wife's email she received that said she has been accepted as a sponsor, they also mentioned that the applicant will hear from that office 'shortly'. That might have been for the medical exam ( which I already did, and has been recieved) but hopefully instead for first stage approval right? What do you think?

* thanks again, you guys rock for doing this.
The 8 months average i mentioned was for second stage approval.

For outland they email you the stage 1 approval letter. I'm not sure for inland, but I imagine it's the same. Best to check on the dedicated inland thread to be sure.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Rob_TO said:
The 8 months average i mentioned was for second stage approval.

For outland they email you the stage 1 approval letter. I'm not sure for inland, but I imagine it's the same. Best to check on the dedicated inland thread to be sure.
Thank you, thank you, if its perhaps in the mail I hope it arrives soon:) i'll keep an eye on the thread. Do you think it is wise to call there and inquire if I don't receive it soonish? Can it harm my app process? Are they helpful?

Bea28

Jan 31, 2014
Hi everyone ,

I am new here, trying to sponsor my husband who lives in the US. I am a naturalized Canadian myself and since i have emigrated in 1985 things seem to have changed. When I applied way back then I had to return to my native country to go for an interview and then came the medical.. Am i understanding it right that you now have to undergo the medical first before you apply? I am a bit confused.. And if so where do I get a list of the doctors Canada Immigration approves? My husband lives in the Detroit area and also i am a bit worried as he is recovering from a stroke suffered last year. He is bouncing back fast and would only need some rehab..walks on a cane with help..Do you guys have any input? Any help would be appreciated..I have filled out all the papers but am waiting to get some clarification so I am not taking the wrong steps. I just left Detroit a week ago and miss him like crazy..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bea28 said:
Hi everyone ,

I am new here, trying to sponsor my husband who lives in the US. I am a naturalized Canadian myself and since i have emigrated in 1985 things seem to have changed. When I applied way back then I had to return to my native country to go for an interview and then came the medical.. Am i understanding it right that you now have to undergo the medical first before you apply? I am a bit confused.. And if so where do I get a list of the doctors Canada Immigration approves? My husband lives in the Detroit area and also i am a bit worried as he is recovering from a stroke suffered last year. He is bouncing back fast and would only need some rehab..walks on a cane with help..Do you guys have any input? Any help would be appreciated..I have filled out all the papers but am waiting to get some clarification so I am not taking the wrong steps. I just left Detroit a week ago and miss him like crazy..
Hi,

The good news is that the medical restrictions are substantially less for a spouse or common-law partner. Unless he has a condition that could endanger the public (ie, active tuberculosis) his previous stroke would probably not impact his application.

It depends on whether you are applying Inland or Outland regarding when the medical examination NEEDS to be performed. If you are applying Outland (which it sounds like you are, since your husband is living in Detroit), then you do have to have this prior to sending in your application. Inland applicants sometimes defer their examination until their sponsor has been approved, which CIC seems to allow.

Use this link to find a physician to conduct his medical:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Good luck!

YogaOTO

Jan 31, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here and so glad that I came across this site! My husband (the sponsor) and I are researching to see how I can get a PR status and below are a brief background about us and a list of my questions:

My husband is a Canadian citizen and has been working in the US since 2010 under TN visa. I came to the US from Mainland China to study as an international student and is now holding a TD visa as his spouse. We are wondering:
1. to apply for a Permanent Resident status, what materials we need to prepare
2. what the requirements are for my husband as a sponsor
3. what would be the quickest way to obtain a Permanent Resident status, if the application is approved at the first try. I saw that the average processing time in China offices (Hong Kong and Beijing) is 9 months, compared to 23 months in New York office. Can I deliver my application materials while I am physically in the US?
4. any other thing we need to be aware of

Thank you very much and I look forward to your reply!

MrJB

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-4-2014 and 11-05-2014
File Transfer...
15/04/2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014
LANDED..........
18/7/2014, PR Card arrived 10/9
So if you apply outland, what do you put in this form?
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490)(PDF, 142 KB)
Do we just answer it, ignoring all the bits about living outside Canada, say we're living together (which we are) and put our Canadian address?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MrJB said:
Do we just answer it, ignoring all the bits about living outside Canada, say we're living together (which we are) and put our Canadian address?
Yes, exactly that.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Konabo said:
Thank you, thank you, if its perhaps in the mail I hope it arrives soon:) i'll keep an eye on the thread. Do you think it is wise to call there and inquire if I don't receive it soonish? Can it harm my app process? Are they helpful?
You said your wife got sponsorship approval. That IS the first stage. I assume she got a letter saying she was approved as a sponsor as you say you got SA and this is the first stage so you got it already