Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Passport Req..
September 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
Hey Everyone i wanna ask u sth my passport is expiring in august 2014 so do i need to renew it now although i m waiting for my ppr so is it good to renew it ritenow cuz CHC cn ask me for passport at anytime ??

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
Syed Muhammad Asim said:
Hey Everyone i wanna ask u sth my passport is expiring in august 2014 so do i need to renew it now although i m waiting for my ppr so is it good to renew it ritenow cuz CHC cn ask me for passport at anytime ??
you obviously need to renew it and afterwards notify CIC about it - send photocopies of your new passport.
maybe more experienced users can help you more with that if it's something else to do :)

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Konabo said:
HI there, so I have a couple of questions and I will appreciate any information:)

Our application for Spousal Sponsorship from with in Canada was received by CIC in January 2013 and shortly after my wife ( who is sponsoring me) received an email that says she has been approved as a Sponsor. On the same day I received an email asking me for the med exam. I quickly responded by getting one done 3 days after and it already shows that CIC has received it.

Now my questions:

1. What does this mean, lol. I did not receive first stage approval yet and they moved on to the med exam which is part of stage 2 if I understand it correctly?
I am eager to apply for a work and study permit which I can only do after I receive first stage approval.
2. Is this order of events common for applicants who would have to do an interview?
3. Is there a way, other than the online updates, that I can find out where we stand?
4. How long does it take to find out if an interview is needed and if it goes well, will I get PR right after the interview?

that's it for now, I have tonnes of questions and this is probably the most stressful process ever, I will appreciate any feed back.
1. First stage approval was her getting approved to sponsor you are well passed that

2. If you went in process, your interview was waved.
3. Yes. You can apply for GMCS notes through the freedom of information act but I don't think there's any point at this juncture. You'll probably be approved before the thirty calendar days it takes to get them

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Option C prinout

Option C Print out.

I am not submitting this as my income for the past 10 years or so has been tax free salary, therefore I have not filed income taxes?! My employer does issue T4's, stating income and that 0 income tax deducted. I have letters from the past employers, confirming salary that its income tax exempt, employment duration etc. Any recommendations on what else to submit to support my financial standing. I am sponsoring my husband.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Advise from anyone that did not submit option C and what you provided to satisfy your application

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Hello friends:

I am from Vienna treads, I sponsor my husband and our application is for Feb 2013 and transferred in March 2013. we got an email 2 days ago regarding to send new schedule B and police certificate, and evidence for being together( email, photos, phone......), and they mentioned after they received docs they will put our application in a processing statues.

Now my question is ,If you have any experience like this, please someone let me know, what is happening in process time. do u think that security and crimnal check are happened before it? plsssssss let me know. how long the processing time takes?

any Idea from any country will appreciate. cus I didn't get specific idea from Vienna group.

Sarah

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Option C prinout

tessi68 said:
Option C Print out.

I am not submitting this as my income for the past 10 years or so has been tax free salary, therefore I have not filed income taxes?! My employer does issue T4's, stating income and that 0 income tax deducted. I have letters from the past employers, confirming salary that its income tax exempt, employment duration etc. Any recommendations on what else to submit to support my financial standing. I am sponsoring my husband.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Advise from anyone that did not submit option C and what you provided to satisfy your application

I'm sponsoring my husband from the U.S. and I also did not/could not produce an Option C because I had already given up Canadian residency for the past several years and therefore did not have to file Cdn taxes. So what I did was include a letter explaining my situation to CPP-M and I included the letter I received from CRA many years back determining that I had indeed given up Canadian residency since a certain date. That seemed to have sufficed.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
thegoodwife98 said:
Hi good day to all. Im here in Philippines and I need your advice on something. My husband sponsored me, a Canadian citizen, and has received approval of his sponsorship. Now we are waiting from Canada Embassy in Manila any update on our application for my visa. The mailing address and contact informations used is that my husband's in Canada where we will hopefully soon receive letters and updates from the Canada Embassy in Manila. My question is, will it be a good idea to change the mailing address and contact informations that the Embassy will send updates and all from my huband's to my addresss here in Philippines instead so I'll know and received them straight from CEM? My husband and I have second thoughts about this move we are planning but then I've more time to check on the visa matter than my husband who is busy working everyday. I hope someone here will help enlighten me on this concern we have. Thank you in advance. God bless us all.
Did you supply e- mail addresses for both Spouse and applicant? If so I believe correspondence for Stage 1 will go to sponsor, anything from CEM will go to you. The applicant anyway.
When was application sent in ?
Mine was August 2013 and no reply from Manila.Is usually a very long wait before you hear anything back from VO Manila. Only time will hear anything is if more info required.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Hello all,
Just about finished with my paperwork and had some questions to wrap it up.

My correct office that will be processing my app is CPP-O, correct? I'm American, husbands Canadian-he's sponsoring while I'm still residing in the US.

Also, when it asks for the number of family members included in my application regardless if their coming or not, that would just be my husband and I, correct? We have no dependents other than my two step children and they reside in Canada.

When finishing the living arrangements question Im not sure what to put. My husband bought a house in 2007(while we dated) and I would stay for 4-5 weeks at a time (that being the legal amount,or so I'm told..) but didnt want to ever get into trouble so I never stayed longed. Would this be considered living together?

Any information anyone can lend that would be great. Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbigshot said:
My correct office that will be processing my app is CPP-O, correct? I'm American, husbands Canadian-he's sponsoring while I'm still residing in the US.
That is correct. No matter what you put there, they are going to send your file to Ottawa.

msbigshot said:
Also, when it asks for the number of family members included in my application regardless if their coming or not, that would just be my husband and I, correct? We have no dependents other than my two step children and they reside in Canada.
Your sponsor is not part of the application. So the correct number is (1).

msbigshot said:
When finishing the living arrangements question Im not sure what to put. My husband bought a house in 2007(while we dated) and I would stay for 4-5 weeks at a time (that being the legal amount,or so I'm told..) but didnt want to ever get into trouble so I never stayed longed. Would this be considered living together?
The question is one of intent: did you consider that to be your primary residence? If not, then you didn't live together.

Just FYI, the legal limit was (and still is) 6 months unless otherwise indicated at the border upon entry. A "visitor record" may be issued to demonstrate a different permitted length of stay.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
computergeek said:
That is correct. No matter what you put there, they are going to send your file to Ottawa.

Your sponsor is not part of the application. So the correct number is (1).

The question is one of intent: did you consider that to be your primary residence? If not, then you didn't live together.

Just FYI, the legal limit was (and still is) 6 months unless otherwise indicated at the border upon entry. A "visitor record" may be issued to demonstrate a different permitted length of stay.

Thanks so much!
Is it a bad thing that we never 'technically' lived together? I did quit my job so we could sort of live together but I never had a vistors visa... I hate trouble, and I don't want to get into any...ha.
One more quick question-what would be conisdered my national identity card? a Social Security Card..? Thanks again!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbigshot said:
Is it a bad thing that we never 'technically' lived together? I did quit my job so we could sort of live together but I never had a vistors visa... I hate trouble, and I don't want to get into any...ha.
It's an issue if you are claiming common-law status, which requires that you have lived together for 12 consecutive months in a marriage-like relationship. If you are married it doesn't matter, though it would be wise to explain that you've spent a lot of time together in spite of this (to prevent them from wondering if your relationship is genuine).

msbigshot said:
One more quick question-what would be conisdered my national identity card? a Social Security Card..? Thanks again!
The US does not have national identity cards. Some countries do. Leave this blank.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Thanks Computergeek!

Any special notes I should take into consideration before sending it off?
They ask for a passport at a later date correct? I keep thinking of questions that I'd better ask so I apologize if I become annoying.
As far as proving our visits to and from each other, I have an ehanced driver license and him and I are only 2 hours apart so I drive over there a lot. Is there a way for me to gain any information on how many times I've crossed over the last 6 years, or will Immigration be able to see this?

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
ONE MORE, I promise..Then I'm done (Hopefully)
The IMM5669E I believe, is that ONLY for me or does my spouse have to fill it out as well? It says sponsored person and anyone else in the application, does this go back to the there is only 1 person in the application?

ManpreetSondh

Dec 24, 2013
hi
I filed my spousal sponsorship file in CPC-M in dec. 2013 and received AOR and SA in jan 2014............... then on jan 24th, 2014 new delhi visa office send me PPR and my spouse submitted it.............. now I want to know what will happen next............. how long they will take to issue visa................. while the status shows that application received and medical results have been received.............plz help