Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
computergeek said:
All outland applications are submitted to CPC-M. US (and lawful Canadian residents) have their applications initially sent to CPP-O (Ottawa). CPP-O may choose to transfer the file to NYC or LA for further processing, but most applications are finalized in Ottawa these days.

So, technically, NYC does process PR applications, but the applicant does not have any control on the assignment of their application to NYC.
Good to know, thanks for the clarification!

Mitroh said:
So, where does the interview happen?

As on cic website, the processing time for Ottawa is 14 months, for Newyork is 18 and LA is 22, what should I consider the processing time to be?
And where do you send the passport to?
Interview would happen in the USA, even if the application was processed in Ottawa.

For processing time you'll need to wait until CIC tells you where the app will be processed.

Same with the passport, you need to wait until CIC tells you where the app is processed and they will instruct you where to send it.

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Good to know, thanks for the clarification!

Interview would happen in the USA, even if the application was processed in Ottawa.

For processing time you'll need to wait until CIC tells you where the app will be processed.

Same with the passport, you need to wait until CIC tells you where the app is processed and they will instruct you where to send it.
Is it a general trend that all the files are processed in Ottawa and only if they need, they send it to NY or LA?
What is the reason for them to send the file to NY or LA after Ottawa?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mitroh said:
Is it a general trend that all the files are processed in Ottawa and only if they need, they send it to NY or LA?
What is the reason for them to send the file to NY or LA after Ottawa?
The purpose of moving processing from Buffalo to Ottawa was that all the files start in Ottawa (much like they used to all start in Buffalo) and are then sent to NY or LA if they require additional processing. CIC does not publish a list of reasons for transfer, but an interview is certainly a common cause for transfer to NYC or LA. Thus, NYC and LA will tend to post longer processing times than CPP-O.

AngieI

Oct 20, 2013
Hello
I am currently living in Italy and have been married to my spouse for 10 years. We have decided to move to Canada and would like to start the Application process. I am currently not working however I will be searching for employment with my previous employer. Any suggestions as to if we should apply inland or outland. We do not want to be separated from eachother and what is the quickest and most efficient way. Thank you for any advice! :) :)

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for all the help and advice
Amazing u guys are :)

A silly question:
When I(the sponsor) send the application to Missisuaga, do I send it as one application or should i seperate mine and my spouse's paper in two different document envelopes and put that in one?
They mention in the information guide to the sponsored that they should put all their documents in a sealed envelope and send it to sponsor
Am I allowed to open that?

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mitroh said:

A silly question:
When I(the sponsor) send the application to Missisuaga, do I send it as one application or should i seperate mine and my spouse's paper in two different document envelopes and put that in one?
They mention in the information guide to the sponsored that they should put all their documents in a sealed envelope and send it to sponsor
Hi! We sent all our docs together, you waste less time that way :)

amber.nic

Oct 16, 2013
San Antonio de Los Altos, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mitroh said:

A silly question:
I think it's best to send everything in one envelope together. My husband sent me his documents from Venezuela and I put everything together and submitted it. I did however create 3 different folders inside the envelope
1. Sponsorship Documents
2. Immigration Documents
3. Support Documents/Proof of Genuine Relationship

:) Hope this helps!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
AngieI said:
Hello
I am currently living in Italy and have been married to my spouse for 10 years. We have decided to move to Canada and would like to start the Application process. I am currently not working however I will be searching for employment with my previous employer. Any suggestions as to if we should apply inland or outland. We do not want to be separated from eachother and what is the quickest and most efficient way. Thank you for any advice! :) :)
Hi AngieI!

So there are a few things to consider. Will you be seeking work in Italy? Can you spouse live and work in Italy with no issues? If yes to both, I would consider Outland. It's a quicker processing time and allows you to work in your home country while you wait.

If you go inland, only the Canadian citizen will be able to work initially. You can submit an Open Work Permit application at the same time as the PR app and be able to work after your get your first stage approved (this can take 6-11 months though!). The non-citizen would also be unable to leave Canada until the entire PR application is finished.

Given the little information you provided, I would strongly suggest going Outland.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
So I'm getting married in early November. I'm a Canadian citizen marrying an American doing outland sponsorship and want to change my name to his last name once we're married. Should I do that before we apply for spousal sponsorship and fill out the application with my married name, or is it okay to fill it out with my maiden name even if I change my name to his after applying? Will that just confuse CIC?

Strahilo

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
03-05-2014 it's cooooming yeah
I am considering to apply for tourist Visa for my spouse.

There are few things i do not understand or confuse me :-\

1. If let say they approve tourist visa for her, where is her interview going to happen - Vienna is immigration office
2. Should I apply for T. Visa ? Would this change her Sponsorship process from out-land to Inland?

Any hints/tips

Thank you

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
MizAngel said:
So I'm getting married in early November. I'm a Canadian citizen marrying an American doing outland sponsorship and want to change my name to his last name once we're married. Should I do that before we apply for spousal sponsorship and fill out the application with my married name, or is it okay to fill it out with my maiden name even if I change my name to his after applying? Will that just confuse CIC?
as far as i know.you can use either.as long as all the documents are all the same if you started use the maiden name then use all.if you want to use your married name use it to all documents so that no confusion.Base on my experienced ,I use my married name for 1 doc.supposed to be its maiden name since i started using the maiden.I just made an explanation letter attached to that doc.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Strahilo said:
I am considering to apply for tourist Visa for my spouse.

There are few things i do not understand or confuse me :-\

1. If let say they approve tourist visa for her, where is her interview going to happen - Vienna is immigration office
2. Should I apply for T. Visa ? Would this change her Sponsorship process from out-land to Inland?

Any hints/tips

Thank you

Based on what ive read on the internet and base on what the consultant said.,if your started the spousal application then you apply the tourist visa there is possibility of refusal of your t.visa.WE suppose to do that but the consultant suggest that its just a waste of money and a conflict to your spousal visa.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
MizAngel said:
Congrats on your union!

To be honest, I would just save yourself the hassle and worry about if you did the application right, or if you need to send additional documents, and similar small worries (they build during the wait), and just change your name, then send in the application. That way you won't have to worry about it.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Rob_TO said:
CIC rules state you need to be legally admitted to a country for at least 1 year, in order to request processing from there. So will you be getting at least a 1 year visa to travel/work in Australia? If so, then you can choose Australia for PR processing and also include a copy of your Australian visa showing the 1 year admittance. I would wait until you actually have a residential address in Australia you can use for mail from CIC (though most is done by email... the only snail mail we ever received was the final COPR).

Also keep in mind that requesting an office that is not the one typically serving your citizenship (London in your case), is never guaranteed. All outland apps first go to CPC-Mississauga no matter what. From there, CIC will then send your application to the appropriate outland visa office, and can send it wherever they feel is best. So even if you wait till you move to Australia and are fully entitled to use their visa office... CIC may end up just sending your app to London regardless. You can request, but the choice is up to them.
Hi Rob,thanks for the reply!
So does it not really matter where we request it goes to?
We are looking to send it ASAP but are worried that If we send it now from within canada,they won't have anyway of knowing we are moving to Australia will they?

We both have one year working visas for Australia,but we won't be over there for a few months and don't want to wait that long to apply....

Basically we were just going to send it off now,but shouldn't there be some way we have to let them know that we are moving over there?

It seems like it would be a lot easier to request that it's sent to London,but I'm afraid I'd get called for an interview and be on the other side of the world!
Thanks for all the info,maybe we're just over worrying?but what would the best route for us be?