Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
urgr8 said:
Question: What documents main applicant should take it to IOM - Migration Health Assessment Center - Karachi, besides passport ?
The main applicant should call IOM - Migration Health Assessment Center - Karachi and ask. There might be country specific requirements (IDs, photos etc.) and this way is best.

j_m

Sep 14, 2013
PC25 said:
hi all
sorry to bother, but i posted this case sa ibang topic. i was just thinking na this is the appropriate thread for my concern. im hoping for some advices.

"Hi all..

bago lang po ako dito, pero mtagal na kong follower.. i hope you wont mind reading my concern..actually dissapointed na po kase ako sa case namin ng asawa ko.. pag nakikita ko po yung timeline ng karamihan naiingit ako.. until now yung status namin "in proces" parin.. nawawalan na nga po kami ng pag asa eh..

Ganito po kase yung sitwasyon namin, sa Pilipinas pa lang po we've together since college, after graduation both of us got our first jobs and decided to live together, sa isang apartment kasama ng mga friends namin. it was july 2007. We thought its for my convinience kase sa probinsya ko nakatira and sabi nya for him to be independent he decided to move in.

Sept 2008 his family migrated to canada as permanent residents at kasama sya, malungkot that we have to sacrifice a lot kase mas maganda yung opportunities for him don and for us.

May 2009 he went home para pakasalan ako, after we got married bumalik sya sa Canada (June 1 09) coz he has a lot of commitments don and we were able to submit our sponsorship application. We are planning to start our own family sana don thats why i was so happy looking forward to it..i thought sa wakas magkakasama na kame ulet. but we didnt expect things would get worst. :'(

September 2009 we submitted the application
October 2009 It got approved by CPC-m
November 2009 Manila Started Processing and Requested for my Passport and other docs
December 2009 Passport sent
Jan-Apr- no news
May 2010 an immigration officer called and asked some questions
June 2010 i received a letter of refusal kase dw i was not declared by my husband as a common-law partner on his application and when he arrived. they ask for some evidences and stuffs and my husband sent them a letter of explanation
at present wla pa ring news, i tried to follow it up sa case Enquiry pero they said its still under the normal processing time.

my concern is its almost a year since it was processed, pero hanggang ngayon wla pa din news. nakakatawa na nakakainis. here's the catch, they didnt issue me a visa last june kase i was not declared daw as a "common-law partner" because we lived together and was not examined during the time of their application, where in fact i am being sponsored as his wife and we applied after getting legally married, kaya nga sya umuwi e para madeclare na nya ko as his spouse, and besides hindi nga namin alam na common law relationship na pala yung set-up namin bago sya umalis eh. kung alam lang namin edi sana common-law application na lang ginawa namin.. it was a very honest mistake. di daw ako nadeclare nung nagapply family nya, for pete's sake, that was five years before we met, highschool pa lang kame non. di din daw ako dineclare nung pagdating nila, how can he? he was initially declared by his parents as their dependent its how their application states and even if he wanted the status only says single or married. we are not married yet nung dumating sila don. its totally absurd. We were able to explain this through a letter and the fact that i was already declared as his wife sa Canadian government. I just dont understand why they dwell on the past. i am the Wife. We applied after being legally married. Why cant a wife whose been married for a year and in a relationship for almost 4years with the same guy from college be with his now Husband?
bakit ang tagal? we are not getting any younger and still we cant decide what to do next eh. like my husband is planning to get home and be with me na, eh pano kung biglang approve? its fine with me to wait for quite a while kung alam kong in the end iaapprove ako. pero kung idedeny naman nila dahil sa napaka absurd na grounds, wag na nila kong pagintayin.. kase it seems that iam waiting for nothing.. it kills me.. and the immigration has torn those dreams my husband and i built. whats the sense of their objective of FAMILY REUNIFICATION if a wife cant be reunited with her husband and cant start having kids? ive had a lot of sleepless and tearful nights thinking what would happen.. still im happy kase my husband and i are both tough to try and let another day pass that we are apart.

sorry super haba.. i just could not holdback :-[

Goodluck sa iba and i hope things as absurd as this case wont happen to you guys.. its as if they are killing your dreams of giving future family a decent life and spending the rest of your days with the man you love. :'( "
hi, I'm new in this forum. we the have same problem. I just want to know if you and your husband succeded with your appeal to the immigration? I wrote them a letter too. and until now we haven't heard from them.

thank you! I hope you could reply to me. I'm so worried and nervous. if only tears would count as proof by the immigration.. cuz I shed a lot of tears because of this whole processing stuff.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
j_m said:
hi, I'm new in this forum. we the have same problem. I just want to know if you and your husband succeded with your appeal to the immigration? I wrote them a letter too. and until now we haven't heard from them.

thank you! I hope you could reply to me. I'm so worried and nervous. if only tears would count as proof by the immigration.. cuz I shed a lot of tears because of this whole processing stuff.
If you were common law and your husband failed to declare you before he immigrated - then unfortunately you can never be sponsored. These appeals do not succeed because the rules around declaring a partner are very clear. Unfortunately at this point your only real option is to qualify to immigrate independently.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
frege said:
("We won't let CIC break us apart")Good! That's the most important thing. Don't overestimate the likelihood that they will try to do this!
Yeah. I also sometimes feel this is in part why some of the most obviously genuine and innocuous sponsorship cases are sometimes put through the ringer for years. There must be secret quotas in place for acceptances and refusals.
I tell you CIC won't break my family apart either, even if we must find a way to spend the next 20 years in China!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
gongdi said:
Yeah. I also sometimes feel this is in part why some of the most obviously genuine and innocuous sponsorship cases are sometimes put through the ringer for years. There must be secret quotas in place for acceptances and refusals.
I tell you CIC won't break my family apart either, even if we must find a way to spend the next 20 years in China!
Sorry, I said not to overestimate the chances that CIC would do this.

Hungary is concerned that she and her husband may have difficulties, but my opinion is that she may be too concerned about it, considering their circumstances. That's what I meant.

ns1

Sep 13, 2013
Hi All

I am from Nova Scotia, and recently married ( in Canada) to a Ukrainian Lady.
I am putting together documents to start the immigration process for her to live here Permanently.
Pretty sure I don't want to use a lawyer for this, but would like to have some guidance, to make sure
I do everything proper. Can anyone give me advice? or recommend a good consultant to help?

I would like to also apply for another visitor visa, so she can spend part of the waiting time here.

All help would be greatly appreciated
thank you.

j_m

Sep 14, 2013
scylla said:
If you were common law and your husband failed to declare you before he immigrated - then unfortunately you can never be sponsored. These appeals do not succeed because the rules around declaring a partner are very clear. Unfortunately at this point your only real option is to qualify to immigrate independently.
how sad :( I'm really fallin apart. in my case I'm the one sponsoring him. it was an honest mistake. I thought I am not entitled to include him in my application because we were not married yet. so there is no hope? and there is nothing I could do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
j_m said:
how sad :( I'm really fallin apart. in my case I'm the one sponsoring him. it was an honest mistake. I thought I am not entitled to include him in my application because we were not married yet. so there is no hope? and there is nothing I could do?
Unfortunately you misunderstood the rules and it was your responsibility to understand the rules before you applied. It doesn't matter if it was an honest mistake or not - the results are still the same. If you were common law, then you were actually obligated to include him in your application.

The key question is if you lived together for a year or more before you immigrated (immigrated = landed in Canada and became a PR). If you lived together for a year or more, then you were common law, should have declared your partner and can never sponsor him. If you lived together for less than a year, then you were not common law and can still sponsor him. However you'll have to prove to CIC that you did not live together for a year or more before immigrating.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
ns1 said:
Hi All

I am from Nova Scotia, and recently married ( in Canada) to a Ukrainian Lady.
I am putting together documents to start the immigration process for her to live here Permanently.
Pretty sure I don't want to use a lawyer for this, but would like to have some guidance, to make sure
I do everything proper. Can anyone give me advice? or recommend a good consultant to help?

I would like to also apply for another visitor visa, so she can spend part of the waiting time here.

All help would be greatly appreciated
thank you.
ns1,

1st, if you choose to apply Outland then I would recommend applying for the visitor visa first as it would be very difficult, if not impossible to get it after you apply for the Permanent Resident application for the fact that you may overstay.
You do have an option to apply inland, however the processing times takes much longer. I am not familiar enough with this method so I cannot say much more about it.

2nd, Below is a link to some videos that I used to help me with my application. They should help out a lot with how to fill out forms.

Hope this helps.

ns1

Sep 13, 2013
Heppster said:
ns1,

1st, if you choose to apply Outland then I would recommend applying for the visitor visa first as it would be very difficult, if not impossible to get it after you apply for the Permanent Resident application for the fact that you may overstay.
You do have an option to apply inland, however the processing times takes much longer. I am not familiar enough with this method so I cannot say much more about it.

2nd, Below is a link to some videos that I used to help me with my application. They should help out a lot with how to fill out forms.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice. She was here for the summer and we married while she was here.
Since then She has returned home, and thus the process begins.
I understand that it tends to be quicker, when I apply here, while she is in Ukraine?
I do know of someone who, got visitor visa, after they started their application.
Not sure best way to do it, but will watch videos also.

With the strike , not sure of how long this will take now.
Nervous of mistakes.

thank you

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
ns1 said:
Thanks for the advice. She was here for the summer and we married while she was here.
Since then She has returned home, and thus the process begins.
I understand that it tends to be quicker, when I apply here, while she is in Ukraine?
I do know of someone who, got visitor visa, after they started their application.
Not sure best way to do it, but will watch videos also.

With the strike , not sure of how long this will take now.
Nervous of mistakes.

thank you
I know that with the inland application, where you are both in Canada, it restricts travel from Canada for the duration of the processing which I think is around 18 months.
With the Outland application, you and your wife are free to travel as you wish, but like I said your wife may have a hard time getting the visitors visa, but that also depends on the proof of returning to the Ukraine after. So, that means that you could also visit her in the Ukraine.
As long as you read the guides with the application and follow them and provide a significant amount of proof of relationship, then you should be alright. The videos I mentioned are tutorials on how to fill out specific forms so that will also clarify a bunch of stuff for you.

I truly believe that the strike will soon come to an end. It has been 6 months already, and PAFSO won the PSLRB case. Likely the government will want to settle this soon enough. It seems as if the strike has not caused much of a delay from the timeline of many people on the forum. Currently, processing times for London are 5.93 months, but it says its 10 months on the website, so things look to be rolling along nicely.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If only that were true... The Government has decided to appeal the PSLRB ruling.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
zardoz said:
If only that were true... The Government has decided to appeal the PSLRB ruling.
I think it is so dumb. What is there really to appeal? All PSLRB has said is that they should "play together" and they encouraged them to come to an agreement. So, I just think it is a waste of time appealing this decision because nothing came out of it anyways except for the statement that the government was dealing in bad faith.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
I think that is exactly what they want, just to make more time until it is inevitable to do something about it.

Jules78

Sep 15, 2013
Hi I'm a Canadian citizen and wish to sponsor my wife who is an australian citizen for permanent residency to Canada. We are doing the Outbound application.
She is 1 month pregnant and would like to find out if she is able to the medical exam in Toronto or does it have to be in Australia?
I want my child to be born in Canada, would they process the application quicker?