+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jules78 said:
Hi I'm a Canadian citizen and wish to sponsor my wife who is an australian citizen for permanent residency to Canada. We are doing the Outbound application.
She is 1 month pregnant and would like to find out if she is able to the medical exam in Toronto or does it have to be in Australia?
I want my child to be born in Canada, would they process the application quicker?
She can do the medical exam in any country where she can find a DMP. However, it will be up to you and your doctor if you think it is safe for her to get the x-ray while pregnant.

Child born in Canada will not get you the processing quicker as well as child born in Canada by a lady who is on visitor status and does not have OHIP means quite a lot of money out of your pocket. However, you can try midwives, like Diversity midwives for example. However, if there is a complication, you pay through the nose.

Kiran007

Sep 15, 2013
Hi,
I and my husband got permanent resident visa issued from CHC New Delhi on FSW; we didn't declare our child in the application because when we filed, she was not born and latter we didn't include because we thought that it would delay the application process and we could include her in Canada; thinking that we flew Canada and on arrival we spoke the truth with CBSA officer that we have an unaccompanied baby back home; immediately they contacted the New Delhi embassy and sent us back; yet they have not cancelled our visa which is valid until march next year. The good thing is that we said it before granting permanent residency to us in Canada and we voluntarily withdrew ourself from Canada.

Now can anybody tell us; will we be able to include our 3 year old baby and get everything back on track?
If yes, how fast, if not what charges they can put us on? .we have lost so much of money, time, energy and felt so bad and exhausted travelling half way through the earth...because of mistake we made

Suggestion would be appreciated

Jules78

Sep 15, 2013
Thanks for your prompt response Leon, just another query. Is it possible for her to stay here and live with me on a 6month visitor visa and apply on the Outland application and leave Canada and come back again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kiran007 said:
Hi,
I and my husband got permanent resident visa issued from CHC New Delhi on FSW; we didn't declare our child in the application because when we filed, she was not born and latter we didn't include because we thought that it would delay the application process and we could include her in Canada; thinking that we flew Canada and on arrival we spoke the truth with CBSA officer that we have an unaccompanied baby back home; immediately they contacted the New Delhi embassy and sent us back; yet they have not cancelled our visa which is valid until march next year. The good thing is that we said it before granting permanent residency to us in Canada and we voluntarily withdrew ourself from Canada.
You are extremely lucky. Had you landed, you would have never been able to sponsor your child. If you take a look at the letter you received along with your visas, you'll notice that it states you must notify CIC immediately of any changes to your family composition. Obviously you failed to do this and again, you're extremely lucky the officer stopped you from landing.

You should return your visas ASAP to the visa office. You cannot use them since they don't include your child. Along with your returned visas, you should submit all of the necessary paperwork, supporting documentation and fees to add your child to your application. Include a letter letting the VO know about your child and asking CIC to add your child to the application. I would not wait for the VO to instruct you what to do. You should act immediately.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread and I have some questions. My girlfriend is originally a Caregiver here in Canada, she finished her 24 months but since her employer is not treating her well, i told her that I will marry her and leave her Job, I am a Filipino a I am already 6 years Canadian Citizen here in Canada.

Now we are officially married and i am proud to say that she is my spouse already, I told her not to apply her Live in Caregiver Application because I will just sponsor her as my spouse.. Since I am a Canadian citizen, living in Montreal Canada and a Quebec Residence.

We send our application PR Application together with her open work permit application and of course the fee (owp fee, pr application fee and the right of permanent residence fee they said to avoid delay) we paid like almost a thousand bucks to Vegreville, AB last August 6 2013, we received 2 emails, first on August 31 saying that they already received my application and last email that we received was sept 5, 2013, because i am a quebec residence they ask me to file an Undertaking Application and CSQ for my wife in MICC..

How long it will take the CSQ if my wife lives in Canada with me? We submitted her application last sept 10, 2013

Is the email we received is the AOR also i dont know what AOR means just read it here sorry hehe Smiley

My wife is now studying french under the live in caregiver program but the thing is she is not working now because she is only holding a work permit, she already applied for an open work permit together with the PR we submitted but havent received her opw yet, how long she will received her OWP she wants to have a job already and she can't wait for it... Her work permit will expires next year so she still have a status here in canada.

Hope I can here from you guys thank you so much

RJ

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Jules78 said:
Thanks for your prompt response Leon, just another query. Is it possible for her to stay here and live with me on a 6month visitor visa and apply on the Outland application and leave Canada and come back again?
Hi Jules78,

Congrats to you and your wife!
Just two things I wish to suggest to you. First is, as Leon mentioned, the X-ray is not safe at all, could cause a lot of trouble for a lifetime, so please consult this carefully with the doctor. I read here before that in cases like this, the X-ray can be done after the baby is born.
The second thing is, that if you plan to have her in Canada for six month, you should schedule the return flight carefully, because a pregnant woman cannot travel on planes after 30 or 32 weeks of her pregnancy, it depends on the aircompany. You know, she might have any complications on the plane etc. Please read after this.
Good luck to you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiran007 said:
Hi,

Now can anybody tell us; will we be able to include our 3 year old baby and get everything back on track?
If yes, how fast, if not what charges they can put us on? .we have lost so much of money, time, energy and felt so bad and exhausted travelling half way through the earth...because of mistake we made

Suggestion would be appreciated
This doesn't actually belong under spousal sponsorship because it isn't but to answer your question, you must contact the visa office in order to add your child to your application.

I have no idea if you will be in trouble with the visa office for not declaring your child as soon as it was born as you should have but you will have to find out because nobody can solve this for you except the visa office.

This is a common pitfall, also with people who get married during their PR processing. They may think that adding their spouse/child will delay their application but what they need to realize is that they MUST declare a spouse/child on their application because if they land without doing it, they will have committed misrepresentation and can never sponsor that person to Canada as well as they could possibly lose their own PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jules78 said:
Yes, she is visa exempt and can travel back and forth as long as her pregnancy allows.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread and I have some questions. My girlfriend is originally a Caregiver here in Canada, she finished her 24 months but since her employer is not treating her well, i told her that I will marry her and leave her Job, I am a Filipino a I am already 6 years Canadian Citizen here in Canada.

Now we are officially married and i am proud to say that she is my spouse already, I told her not to apply her Live in Caregiver Application because I will just sponsor her as my spouse.. Since I am a Canadian citizen, living in Montreal Canada and a Quebec Residence.

We send our application PR Application together with her open work permit application and of course the fee (owp fee, pr application fee and the right of permanent residence fee they said to avoid delay) we paid like almost a thousand bucks to Vegreville, AB last August 6 2013, we received 2 emails, first on August 31 saying that they already received my application and last email that we received was sept 5, 2013, because i am a quebec residence they ask me to file an Undertaking Application and CSQ for my wife in MICC..

How long it will take the CSQ if my wife lives in Canada with me? We submitted her application last sept 10, 2013

Is the email we received is the AOR also i dont know what AOR means just read it here sorry hehe :)

My wife is now studying french under the live in caregiver program but the thing is she is not working now because she is only holding a work permit, she already applied for an open work permit together with the PR we submitted but havent received her opw yet, how long she will received her OWP she wants to have a job already and she can't wait for it... Her work permit will expires next year so she still have a status here in canada.

RJ

And by the way if my wife received her owp can she go on US while her PR is still in process or no? she will apply for a us visa :)
is the process long? is the processing times accurate?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jayshe25 said:
It would have been faster for her to get an open work permit if she had applied for PR as a live-in caregiver although PR for live-in caregiver takes longer.

As a spousal applicant, she will have to wait for first stage approval before she can get an open work permit. This can take from 6 to 10 months.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Leon said:
It would have been faster for her to get an open work permit if she had applied for PR as a live-in caregiver although PR for live-in caregiver takes longer.

As a spousal applicant, she will have to wait for first stage approval before she can get an open work permit. This can take from 6 to 10 months.
Oh Crp that's bad for her, she really wants to work already we don't know that it will take longer for her OWP to be approved, but is the processing times accurate?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jayshe25 said:
Oh Crp that's bad for her, she really wants to work already we don't know that it will take longer for her OWP to be approved, but is the processing times accurate?
Processing times as seen on the CIC website right now, 10 months first stage and 8 months for 2nd, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp A while ago, the first stage was listed as 6 months but I had heard from people that the reality was more like 8 to 10 so I guess they have now updated the website to match.

If she is eligible to apply under live-in caregiver class, you could apply for that too as well as open work permit for that. It is not forbidden to apply for PR under 2 classes at the same time. However, you would have to pay the fees for the 2nd application as well.

If you do not pay the right of PR fee right away for the live-in caregiver application, it would just be the processing fee that you have to pay. When she gets her first stage approval for spousal, you could cancel the live-in caregiver application and if they haven't started processing it, it is possible that you get your money back.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
jayshe25 said:

Is the email we received is the AOR also i dont know what AOR means just read it here sorry hehe :)

RJ

And by the way if my wife received her owp can she go on US while her PR is still in process or no? she will apply for a us visa :)
is the process long? is the processing times accurate?
Hi!

CSQ really doesn't taken long to
Get... I think we got ours in one month.

Jules78

Sep 15, 2013
Hungary said:
Hi Jules78,

Congrats to you and your wife!
Just two things I wish to suggest to you. First is, as Leon mentioned, the X-ray is not safe at all, could cause a lot of trouble for a lifetime, so please consult this carefully with the doctor. I read here before that in cases like this, the X-ray can be done after the baby is born.
The second thing is, that if you plan to have her in Canada for six month, you should schedule the return flight carefully, because a pregnant woman cannot travel on planes after 30 or 32 weeks of her pregnancy, it depends on the aircompany. You know, she might have any complications on the plane etc. Please read after this.
Good luck to you!
Will they still approve the application if I don't do the X-ray exam but the rest?

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
Jules78 said:
Will they still approve the application if I don't do the X-ray exam but the rest?
yes ofcourse,pregnant women dont really undergo xray.doctor ask first thing if patient is pregnant..
It is bad for the baby.and normally even f the woman says no,doc still does pregnancy test to make sure that it is safe to do xray.