London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Betina said:
I see in your timeline that your request came in june 3rd, and your visa was issued on July 22nd - this kind of "long before" is really bearable :-D I can take even twice as long ;D
The reply was sent back to them by Special Delivery on the same day that I received the request. They signed for it on the 4th and then sat on it for nearly 6 weeks :) It was an utterly pointless request in my opinion. My wife thinks it was "busy work" to buy time for the VO. (Her being a teacher by training, I can understand her thoughts on this... )

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Sir Leon, may I ask if these two addresses would mean the same...I send my PPR along with the other documents requested to this address:

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

But this address is more specific,

Family Class Section
Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy, Manila
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

I'm worried I used the wrong address and also worried that my documents went to a different department or office that is not supposed to handle my case...I need your enlightenment. Is the two addresses above the same?

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
constantine_tiberius said:
Sir Leon, may I ask if these two addresses would mean the same...I send my PPR along with the other documents requested to this address:

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

Family Class Section
Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy, Manila
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

I'm worried I used the wrong address and also worried that my documents went to a different department or office that is not supposed to handle my case...I need your enlightenment. Is the two addresses above the same?
When I was asked to send additional documents, I was provided with the mailing address where I was supposed to send them. That did't happen when they asked for your PPR?

Also, I always write my file number on the envelope, so there is no misunderstanding :-D

callasandra

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
constantine_tiberius said:

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

Family Class Section
Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy, Manila
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

i was confused with mine too coz the CEM did not give me an address where to send my passport. i just followed the address that a friend of mine used which in your case, the second one.

shtb

Feb 14, 2013
Hi loen. Hope u'll b fine.when my husband applied my case,at that time processing time was 26 months.now it's 29 months.now this processing time will b 26 r 29 for me?reply me urgently plz

shtb

Feb 14, 2013
Reply me quickly plz.much worried.coz my case was applied on 20 June 2010.n processing time wil b completed on 20 Aug of this month.but still. Nobody contacted us.if processing time is 29 months for me too,then still 3 months remained.its disappointed.reply plz.me going to b mad.my husband is there.he started business there.so can't leave it to come here in Pakistan.he's too much worried.wt to do?respond plz

shtb

Feb 14, 2013
Reply me quickly plz.much worried.coz my case was applied on 20 June 2010.n processing time wil b completed on 20 Aug of this month.but still. Nobody contacted us.if processing time is 29 months for me too,then still 3 months remained.its disappointed.reply plz.me going to b mad.my husband is there.he started business there.so can't leave it to come here in Pakistan.he's too much worried.wt to do?respond plz ::)

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
shtb said:
Reply me quickly plz.much worried.coz my case was applied on 20 June 2010.n processing time wil b completed on 20 Aug of this month.but still. Nobody contacted us.if processing time is 29 months for me too,then still 3 months remained.its disappointed.reply plz.me going to b mad.my husband is there.he started business there.so can't leave it to come here in Pakistan.he's too much worried.wt to do?respond plz ::)
Processing times are only estimates, never a sure thing. As they say on top of the page - "The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases". Nobody is guaranteeing you that at the precise moment when the 26 or 29 month are up you will be processed and have your visa. It can take a much shorter time, but it can also take a lot longer than that.

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Betina said:
When I was asked to send additional documents, I was provided with the mailing address where I was supposed to send them. That did't happen when they asked for your PPR?

Also, I always write my file number on the envelope, so there is no misunderstanding :-D
I was asked to send my CSQ and the letter instructed me to send the doc. with the address above found in the letter which is the first one but the PPR letter didn't specify the address where to send it, i just followed the address of the CSQ letter since its also found above in the PPR letter...I used the first one in sending both requested docs....but i read in the other thread of the second address and told myself maybe this is more specific and the docs might went to the department were not supposed to be...i'm worried now...

constantine_tiberius

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
callasandra said:
i was confused with mine too coz the CEM did not give me an address where to send my passport. i just followed the address that a friend of mine used which in your case, the second one.
have you received your visa already? im just worried because i used the first address....

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Dear Friends,

I have been actively reading on this particular thread and thanks to all those contributing valuable ideas. Require to know few things . kindly advise

Applicant in Canada – applied under Spousal Sponsorship - Currently on PGWP expires October 2013 – is there any way applicant can continue working or obtain an another permit

Her husband is a PR in Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
terki said:
Dear Friends,

I have been actively reading on this particular thread and thanks to all those contributing valuable ideas. Require to know few things . kindly advise

Applicant in Canada – applied under Spousal Sponsorship - Currently on PGWP expires October 2013 – is there any way applicant can continue working or obtain an another permit

Her husband is a PR in Canada
Applicant is inland and has first stage approval? In that case, they can apply for an open work permit.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Dear Leon,

Yes Applicant came in as Student and married boyfriend who is on PR since 4 years .

Applicant is on Post Graduate Work Permit - Currently waiting for First stage approval from Mississauga off

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
terki said:
Applicant is on Post Graduate Work Permit - Currently waiting for First stage approval from Mississauga off
Outland applicants do not qualify for open work permits. Had the application been filed for inland processing the 10 months delay for AIP would have worked in your favour because implied status would have applied.

So no, the applicant will not be able to continue working once the PGWP expires unless the employer obtains a favourable LMO and a normal (closed) work permit is acquired OR the applicant qualifies under one of the various ways to avoid an LMO. For example, someone from the US or Mexico may qualify under NAFTA (no LMO required) and there is a similar agreement with Chile.