Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
Hello seniors and friends

I apologise for writing in bold, and am extremely sorry for this. But I wrote previously too here but was left unnoticed.

I am about to marry but need to know few things. I came back last year from canada after a short stay and brought all the money from the bank with me. I worked for few weeks and made very few dollars doing part time jobs. I have not filed any income tax of 2012 as was outside the country. I will look for a job and will deposit the dollars back in account after landing in canada. On finding a job can I immediately file the application after showing proof of employment? what about income tax, as it has not been filed? is there any problem with the bank statements as I brought back the dollars?
I need your help and suggestions about it.

Once again, kindly forgive me for writing this way, but I am getting married really soon and need to know for quick processing of the case of my partner.

Your replies can help me a lot.

thanks in advance.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
anshuman said:

I apologise for writing in bold, and am extremely sorry for this. But I wrote previously too here but was left unnoticed.

I am about to marry but need to know few things. I came back last year from canada after a short stay and brought all the money from the bank with me. I worked for few weeks and made very few dollars doing part time jobs. I have not filed any income tax of 2012 as was outside the country. I will look for a job and will deposit the dollars back in account after landing in canada. On finding a job can I immediately file the application after showing proof of employment? what about income tax, as it has not been filed? is there any problem with the bank statements as I brought back the dollars?

Once again, kindly forgive me for writing this way, but I am getting married really soon and need to know for quick processing of the case of my partner.

thanks in advance.
I Beleive that you will have to do your taxes because immigration will want to know income.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
anshuman said:

thanks in advance.
I don't think the location of your money matters as much as the amount, and an indication that your spouse will not become a burden on the government.

I'm not a Canadian tax law expert, but if you earned enough in Canada to be required to file a tax return in Canada, the fact that you subsequently left the country is not likely to change your obligation to file. So I would look into this and fix it if it needs to be addressed.

If you have enough money in the bank, you won't need a job to prove that your wife will not be a burden on the government, just like having little to no savings will not be a problem if you have a job. Their question is "will she be a burden," not "where is the money coming from."

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
thanks for replying my friends.

About income tax return I am not sure, I hardly made 180 dollars by working. Do, I still need to pay government for this small amount. Don't you think that it is a small amount earned which is not required to be paid tax for. Yes, like other immigrants I too brought funds with me like everyone does to show to the Canadian border security at the time of very first landing.

If I don't plan to go this year, then do u think income tax return could be paid for 2012 with late fee?

thanks for replying.

pimigration

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
DVA said:
I suppose you can atleast get T4 and verification of employment, offer letter, bank statements (whatever has been mentioned in the checklist IF the sponsor is not giving the option C print out.

Give in as much as you can and attach a letter saying that since you landed only in april you hvent worked a complete year yet...blah blah blah blah...

We also dint give the option c though we had ordered it, but attached enough of the other docs along with a letter...and we got our sponsorship approval without any problem.

Hope this helps! All the Best!
Thanks you very much DIVA,

I shall attache aletter of explanation for Option C and rest all the documents,

Lets see how it goies,

Thanks you once again!!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
If you are a Canadian citizen I'm pretty sure that you have to file taxes every year, regardless of your income (even if it is zero).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Actually, it's if you are a "Canadian tax-resident". Your citizenship is irrelevant.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
zardoz said:
That will depend on which form and which question. Some seem to be checked before the application actually goes into process. This is what we found with our application into London.
zardoz - I was asked to detail the question 8 in the IMM5669E form, just like you have been. In your case, was that before or after the application went into process?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Betina said:
zardoz - I was asked to detail the question 8 in the IMM5669E form, just like you have been. In your case, was that before or after the application went into process?
Before. In fact, long before...

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
ghunter said:
If you are a Canadian citizen I'm pretty sure that you have to file taxes every year, regardless of your income (even if it is zero).
US citizens have the honor/privilege of having to file taxes while living and working outside of the US, because the US taxes you on worldwide income, while Canada taxes you on a territorial basis (this is normal for most countries). The US system is a PITA, and hard to avoid.

janmuk

Jun 27, 2013
Hi all, Request to please help with my question..

i have a question on "certified true copies", mainly regarding the "name of the original document". I have got my copies certified from Notary but the "name of the original document" is not there and all other things are there per requirement.

Is it ok not to have the "name of the original document " such as passport, birth certificate etc? Or the notary must write saying " passport" and "birth certificate" and so on?

Hoping to get an answer on this. Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
IvanP said:
US citizens have the honor/privilege of having to file taxes while living and working outside of the US, because the US taxes you on worldwide income, while Canada taxes you on a territorial basis (this is normal for most countries). The US system is a PITA, and hard to avoid.
The really stupid thing is that you can be a US citizen by descent, never been to the USA, never intending to go to the USA, and they still think they can tax you on your earnings from the country that you have lived all your life.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
zardoz said:
The really stupid thing is that you can be a US citizen by descent, never been to the USA, never intending to go to the USA, and they still think they can tax you on your earnings from the country that you have lived all your life.
Yes, it's stupid. The good thing is that for most people, their entire income is excluded (exclusion is close to $100k now) and you can file form 2555 for the foreign earned income exclusion. But yes, very stupid.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
zardoz said:
Before. In fact, long before...
I see in your timeline that your request came in june 3rd, and your visa was issued on July 22nd - this kind of "long before" is really bearable :-D I can take even twice as long ;D

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Morrigan said:
:D

Do the copies of passport/birth certificate/marriage certificate must be notarized too???? in addition to the notarized translations?
Go by what it says in the document checklist. If it doesn't say notarized, then it doesn't need to be.