Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
terki said:
noted. but the applicant has applied inland and is in Canada on pgwp
The OP stated the application was "Currently waiting for First stage approval from Mississauga".

That implies it is an Outland application since inland applications are processed in Vegreville. It is possible the OP sent the application to the wrong office or indicated the wrong office in the post.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
terki said:
no my bad - its in vegreville - i wrote it wrong -

inland filed at Vegreville
In that case, as long as you included an OWP application, you are covered by implied status.

Novembers

Aug 14, 2013
No one will give me a date I have applied from outside of Canada and its horrific to think I have to tear my family apart

This has been so hard on my older children 23 19 16 and 4 and he starts school and I will have to leave and work in the states I can no longer do this to my children. My husband has Chron's my in-laws are 80's. I can only be so much and I have done and waited a very long time. He's on disability you would have thought that would have been a incentive he gets less because I am here and not working. I am waiting on an interview, if they don't know me by now my 4 year old should go in and talk to them.

I have to also look after my daughter going to the University of her choice and she has earned it. This has hurt the ones I love the most, its less about the normal package and so much more about the bigger picture.

I have looked at the application my feeling is the following;
In its broader synecdoche meaning You have the case load yes it does relate but you missed the information, if this is what is holding things up please let me know. ie 2 pages of a case summary 40 pages of a calendar, stamps and filings in which I did not become involved until 2010 To use a Docket is as stated above

We cannot recreate memories;
I have missed my daughter Playing at Carnegie Hall on April 9th 2013 I have missed another daughters graduation all in __ graduated with a 5.0 I missed my sons 21st birthday, I invested all of my time in them education just to not see them graduate I have one more coming up and I am not missing it. Even my American Canadian son who only 4 desperately misses his siblings and doesn't understand why he just can't go see them, simply because mom can't take you until someone else does something.

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
My fiancé and I are getting married sept 18th. She is an american citizen. Should she wait to start the clearance checks as her name will be changing to my last name? Obviously her passport and all documentation is in her maiden name. We want to start the outland application process as soon as possible. I guess also that she cannot begin changing her name on documents until our marriage certificate has arrived

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
KaZRa said:
Just curious...why doing outland and not getting her to come to Canada and do inland app?
Good question - if she'll want to work right away, inland would probably get her an open work permit faster (after approval in principle), though there aren't any guarantees that this would necessarily be true.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
IvanP said:
Good question - if she'll want to work right away, inland would probably get her an open work permit faster (after approval in principle), though there aren't any guarantees that this would necessarily be true.
Not much faster - Inland is currently sitting at 10 months for AIP (when you can get that open work permit) versus 80% completion for second stage at 14 months. Plus, there's that whole "can't safely travel out of Canada due to the slight possibility of being refused re-entry into Canada..." issue.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
KaZRa said:
I thought with sponsorship your spouse can't work for a period of 3 yrs?
There's no restriction like that.

A permanent resident has the right to live and work in Canada. An applicant going through inland sponsorship with stage 1 approval ("Agreement in Principle" or AIP) has the ability to get an open work permit (OWP) and that permits working for most employers in Canada without anything further.

Perhaps you are thinking of the two restrictions on a spousal sponsored applicant:

(1) The restriction on chain sponsorship - that is, someone who comes to Canada as a sponsored spouse is not eligible to sponsor a new spouse (or partner) for five years from the date of landing. As an aside, I saw a fascinating case where this bit someone rather hard. Husband sponsors wife to come to Canada. Wife comes to Canada and then husband goes back to the "home country" for business reasons. Husband loses PR for failure to meet the residency obligation. Wife cannot sponsor him because five years haven't elapsed yet...

(2) The new provisional spousal PR - that is, someone who comes to Canada as a sponsored spouse/partner who has not been in the qualifying relationship for at least two years (or has children) may have their PR revoked if they do not remain in the relationship for at least two years from the date of landing.

The sponsor agrees to be financially responsible for the spouse for three years after landing, but nothing says that the sponsored applicant cannot work. If the sponsored applicant receives social assistance then the sponsor is responsible for repaying same.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
KaZRa said:
Is there any point during the process where the sponsoree would be allowed to travel outside of Canada?
The applicant is never prohibited from traveling. The statutory requirement is just that the applicant be living with the sponsor in Canada. Leaving isn't the issue, getting back into Canada is the issue. If the applicant is refused re-entry, the statutory requirement cannot be met and the application will be refused. Thus, the general advice to not leave Canada during the processing of an inland application.

The actual risk is low, but not zero. So it very much depends upon the applicant's ability to accept the risk.

katie01

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 08 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 14 2012
Passport Req..
June 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 26 2013
LANDED..........
NOV 16 2013 :)
constantine_tiberius said:
hello guys, how many weeks do you have to wait before sending an email to cem inquiring for the visa...thanks
Yes how many weeks please? My passport was already 8 weeks with them.

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
We decided that outland was more convenient for us as she will have some affairs still to deal with after the wedding so the freedom to travel without risk is what we are going for. Also it is a faster process to do outland vs. An inland application.