05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ortom said:
We want to get a marriage certificate, but we're waiting for the marriage to be registered in order to get a certificate. It says that the marriage needs to be registered in ontario in order to get a marriage certificate. Since we don't know if the marriage has been recorded yet we haven't applied for a marriage certificate and as a result haven't applied for PR yet. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, as I am under the impression that you need to wait for the marriage to be recorded at the thunder bay office, in order to apply. Is this correct or I can go ahead and order a marriage certificate?

In regards to name change, the only thing canadian I have is a driver's license, so maybe I'll wait till I get PR to do the changes or keep my last name as I am used to the sound of it lol.
Go ahead and attempt to order it. If it's not in the system, it won't let you move forward. That's the surefire way to find out of it's in the system or not.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Went ahead and ordered it tonight. Thanks for the info, we would have waited endlessly.

parker24 said:
Go ahead and attempt to order it. If it's not in the system, it won't let you move forward. That's the surefire way to find out of it's in the system or not.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I wanted to ask if any of you guys is willing to help me by giving me an opinion on our sponsorship situation.
My husband(the sponsor) and I have been together for nearly 2.5 years. I have been in canada for 5 years as a student and currently on a pgwp. We've been living together since 2012, filed taxes together. As soon as we get the marriage certificate we'll apply for the sponsorship. The only thing is that my husband is significantly older than me and from what I have read in this forum and immigration websites that can be a red flag for the immigration officer. We are currently trying to conceive, despite of the high health care costs when you don't have OHIP. We're trying to conceive not because of immigration, but because of the age :). If we were to apply inland and I was to get pregnant, chances are we'll get the PR in time for delivery to avoid the expensive cost, provided we sent a complete application(medical, record check etc.). And if we were to apply outland the processing time is 12 months all together, but if they request an interview I'll have to go all the way to italy. Now the reason why we are undecided about inland or outland is because inland cannot be appealed, and with the age difference Im afraid they might say this is not genuine. We do have proof of our relationship from the start, however we don't know what goes through the officers head. I'm terrified of the idea that I might be refused and stay apart from my husband, as living in my country would be hard for my husband since his line of work is hardly existent there, whereas me I would be better off there career wise.
Our questions for you guys are:
1. Should we hire a lawyer? To facilitate/write a possibly better letter to explain our marriage?
(I'd rather not, as I can fill out the application forms myself)
2. Inland (14 months or less) or Outland (12 months)
Thanks for any input

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
ortom said:
I wanted to ask if any of you guys is willing to help me by giving me an opinion on our sponsorship situation.
My husband(the sponsor) and I have been together for nearly 2.5 years. I have been in canada for 5 years as a student and currently on a pgwp. We've been living together since 2012, filed taxes together. As soon as we get the marriage certificate we'll apply for the sponsorship. The only thing is that my husband is significantly older than me and from what I have read in this forum and immigration websites that can be a red flag for the immigration officer. We are currently trying to conceive, despite of the high health care costs when you don't have OHIP. We're trying to conceive not because of immigration, but because of the age :). If we were to apply inland and I was to get pregnant, chances are we'll get the PR in time for delivery to avoid the expensive cost, provided we sent a complete application(medical, record check etc.). And if we were to apply outland the processing time is 12 months all together, but if they request an interview I'll have to go all the way to italy. Now the reason why we are undecided about inland or outland is because inland cannot be appealed, and with the age difference Im afraid they might say this is not genuine. We do have proof of our relationship from the start, however we don't know what goes through the officers head. I'm terrified of the idea that I might be refused and stay apart from my husband, as living in my country would be hard for my husband since his line of work is hardly existent there, whereas me I would be better off there career wise.
Our questions for you guys are:
1. Should we hire a lawyer? To facilitate/write a possibly better letter to explain our marriage?
(I'd rather not, as I can fill out the application forms myself)
2. Inland (14 months or less) or Outland (12 months)
Thanks for any input
Depends on what you consider to be significantly older. A couple she knows they are separated by more than 20 years and they will land this next week. They got married 6 months after my wife and I and applied the same month but they got approved and my wife and I wait for to see if her application will even go in process.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
We're 23 years apart. So i guess it doesnt really matter much?

CanadianJeepGuy said:
Depends on what you consider to be significantly older. A couple she knows they are separated by more than 20 years and they will land this next week. They got married 6 months after my wife and I and applied the same month but they got approved and my wife and I wait for to see if her application will even go in process.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Just on a separate piece of paper explain why u were so much older than each other
You could say, among other things that you always love older partners because u believe that they're more mature and have finished their clubbing lives already and are not into the teenage things.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
ortom said:
We're 23 years apart. So i guess it doesnt really matter much?
Its more than just the age difference. Its how you met. If you both contribute to your domestic responsibilities. Older men marrying younger women from other countries is becoming more the norm. I'm sure it will be a question they may ask. Just give them the truth.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I'm looking for help from Leon specifically please if you can - I just want to make sure we are doing this absolutely correctly.

My partner got his passport request from Manila, along with another Appendix A form for him to fill out. We applied as Conjugal as he is unable to divorce his previous spouse. I just want to confirm that under his martial status he will write "Conjugal" even though technically his legal status is married. Although we of course included this information as the basis of our conjugal application, I don't want to be seen as lying on the forms. Thanks!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Makes sense, i guess im just being paranoid. Thanks

CanadianJeepGuy said:
Its more than just the age difference. Its how you met. If you both contribute to your domestic responsibilities. Older men marrying younger women from other countries is becoming more the norm. I'm sure it will be a question they may ask. Just give them the truth.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
i am sponsoring my wife who is in india and she is going to get her medicals done at a Pune Hospital (Ruby Hall Clinic,
40, Sassoon Road)

When she went there, they denied to do her medicals unless she bring a APPENDIX C form!! :eek:
This is ridiculous as i have read in this forum that this form APPENDIX C is NO LONGER required to be carried by the applicant to the hospital, right

Experts, please advise what should we do. the hospital is saying that my wife has to bring the form. if anyone has it, can they share it with me

Thanks

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

All things are done woth my husband except his background check. They received medical results Jan 30/13,had 2 interviews one June /12 and the other Dec 13/12.

We ordered the CAIPS notes and it says the background check isn't even started. Like its going on 31 months this is crazy.

Where can I place a complaint does anyone know??

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
micmac101 said:
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

All things are done woth my husband except his background check. They received medical results Jan 30/13,had 2 interviews one June /12 and the other Dec 13/12.

We ordered the CAIPS notes and it says the background check isn't even started. Like its going on 31 months this is crazy.

Where can I place a complaint does anyone know??
Have you contacted your MP yet?

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Thanks. we'll put a separate paper to explain that for sure. I definitely have plenty to say about why I love him, and why the age is not a concern for us.

jiggyzealous said:
Just on a separate piece of paper explain why u were so much older than each other
You could say, among other things that you always love older partners because u believe that they're more mature and have finished their clubbing lives already and are not into the teenage things.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Then you should bother her to death, go to her office or something. Especially if your processing time is way past the regular processing time.
micmac101 said:
Yes and she says oh I don't like to bother them!! :mad: