Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
micmac101 said:
Yes and she says oh I don't like to bother them!! :mad:
I would request a meeting in person to ask her contract on your behalf. If she declines, ask who her biggest competition will be for the next election and where their headquarters is. You have the sudden urge to be a campaign volunteer. ;D

Hopefully someone will have a better suggestion.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
I have just written to The Torono Globe and Mail. I placed letter to the Editor and CC it to my MP.

I'm visiting my husband at the moment so not alot I can do except write to MP and papers. This is foolish not doing anthing with his case. He passed 2 interviews, medical test and nothing has been done since Jan 30/13. It says on CAIPS notes background check not even started.

So what the heck are they doing with his file???

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
micmac101 said:
Yes and she says oh I don't like to bother them!! :mad:
Thats not her decision not to act on your behalf. She was elected by the people even if you are not one of the people she voted for. Not only would I remind her of this but I would also remind her that you can file a complaint with the leader of her party and have no issue with sending emails about her willful disregard to every news organization in the country.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Thats not her decision not to act on your behalf. She was elected by the people even if you are not one of the people she voted for. Not only would I remind her of this but I would also remind her that you can file a complaint with the leader of her party and have no issue with sending emails about her willful disregard to every news organization in the country.
Oh yes your 100% right about this. And now he is head off Aboriginal Affairs.

Thanks CanadianJeepGuy!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
capri_can said:
i am sponsoring my wife who is in india and she is going to get her medicals done at a Pune Hospital (Ruby Hall Clinic,
40, Sassoon Road)

When she went there, they denied to do her medicals unless she bring a APPENDIX C form!! :eek:
This is ridiculous as i have read in this forum that this form APPENDIX C is NO LONGER required to be carried by the applicant to the hospital, right

Experts, please advise what should we do. the hospital is saying that my wife has to bring the form. if anyone has it, can they share it with me

Thanks
You can download it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/pdf/AppendixC_e.pdf

Though as you said it's not required. I really don't understand why CIC has done such a bad job rolling out these changes to their own selected panel doctors. These medical procedures changed around 5-6 months ago, so you'd think by now CIC and the doctors would be more in line with each other!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lovechild said:
Hi all,

My husband had to do a second medical as requested Jan 17/13. This is ridiculous, our application was filed March 29, 2011. This application has been in the works for over 2 years. Started processing January 2013. Ottawa processing time is 13 months. Any advice?
Order your GCMS (electronic) case notes. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

You can also contact an attorney because you are now at the point where you may be eligible to file for Mandamus in Federal Court. That's an extreme step but generally forces things to a rapid conclusion.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
micmac101 said:
I have just written to The Torono Globe and Mail. I placed letter to the Editor and CC it to my MP.

I'm visiting my husband at the moment so not alot I can do except write to MP and papers. This is foolish not doing anthing with his case. He passed 2 interviews, medical test and nothing has been done since Jan 30/13. It says on CAIPS notes background check not even started.

So what the heck are they doing with his file???
Islamabad is the slowest office there is. Once you go beyond the published timelines you DO have the option of seeking redress in Federal Court - you can request "Mandamus" which is basically an order from the Court to CIC to complete the processing of your application in a specific period of time. From what I can tell, the filing of a Mandamus request usually gets CIC to wrap up the application BEFORE they have to appear in Court and justify the slowness of their actions.

It's an extreme option, but it IS an option.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
computergeek said:
Islamabad is the slowest office there is. Once you go beyond the published timelines you DO have the option of seeking redress in Federal Court - you can request "Mandamus" which is basically an order from the Court to CIC to complete the processing of your application in a specific period of time. From what I can tell, the filing of a Mandamus request usually gets CIC to wrap up the application BEFORE they have to appear in Court and justify the slowness of their actions.

It's an extreme option, but it IS an option.
Ok but who would I contact like what kind of lawyer do you know?

Thanks

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
micmac101 said:
Oh yes your 100% right about this. And now he is head off Aboriginal Affairs.

Thanks CanadianJeepGuy!!
Is that the guy who lost his job and an eye in a motorcycle accident?

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
We have just figured a very wierd situation in our case.
I am sponsoring my wife from India and everything is in place. EXCEPT her postpaid cell/mobile bill! She recently remembered that the mobile connection was NOT on her name, instead it was on her friend's name. Now, for the past one year i have been calling her on that mobile number. I think this is a great blunder on our part, because the phone bill is a very crucial evidence that we were in touch for the past one year. However, me and my wife used to talk more on SKYPE/Facebook chat and emails.

Experts PLEASE advise what should i do! We cannot provide mobile bills as it will NOT show her name on the bills for the past one year. Can we JUST provide skype chat logs, emails and facebook chats instead of phone bill? Or we just go ahead and show her phone bill (which i dont think is a great idea).

PLEASE SUGGEST

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
capri_can said:
We have just figured a very wierd situation in our case.
I am sponsoring my wife from India and everything is in place. EXCEPT her postpaid cell/mobile bill! She recently remembered that the mobile connection was NOT on her name, instead it was on her friend's name. Now, for the past one year i have been calling her on that mobile number. I think this is a great blunder on our part, because the phone bill is a very crucial evidence that we were in touch for the past one year. However, me and my wife used to talk more on SKYPE/Facebook chat and emails.

Experts PLEASE advise what should i do! We cannot provide mobile bills as it will NOT show her name on the bills for the past one year. Can we JUST provide skype chat logs, emails and facebook chats instead of phone bill? Or we just go ahead and show her phone bill (which i dont think is a great idea).

PLEASE SUGGEST
I didn't provide any phone records either, just Skype, email, Facebook, and Yahoo. If you have Facebook, you can print off your wall-to-wall, which will also show mutual friends. In my case, we had family as mutual friends, so I think that helped.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
capri_can said:
i am sponsoring my wife who is in india and she is going to get her medicals done at a Pune Hospital (Ruby Hall Clinic,
40, Sassoon Road)

When she went there, they denied to do her medicals unless she bring a APPENDIX C form!! :eek:
This is ridiculous as i have read in this forum that this form APPENDIX C is NO LONGER required to be carried by the applicant to the hospital, right

Experts, please advise what should we do. the hospital is saying that my wife has to bring the form. if anyone has it, can they share it with me

Thanks
Go to another doctor.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
amikety said:
I didn't provide any phone records either, just Skype, email, Facebook, and Yahoo. If you have Facebook, you can print off your wall-to-wall, which will also show mutual friends. In my case, we had family as mutual friends, so I think that helped.
Thanks a ton. I feel somewhat relieved. Also, how did you provide the skype log? you took the printout of the contact's page where logs are shown from past?
I think FB printout is a great idea and am glad to know that CIC accept that too.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
capri_can said:
Thanks a ton. I feel somewhat relieved. Also, how did you provide the skype log? you took the printout of the contact's page where logs are shown from past?
I think FB printout is a great idea and am glad to know that CIC accept that too.
I copy and pasted the whole thing into Word and edited out the spaces. It was mostly video calls - just to show we talked.

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals udpate

Hey Guys!
My timeline is here:
Medicals done: 28 Jan
Appication sent: 01 Feb
Sponsorship approval: 26 Feb
PPR: 16 Mar
Passport sent: 17 Mar

I see that some folks who have applied after my date at New Delhi VO have their medical status updated (medicals received).
In my case, when I check online (using the client ID for both sponsort & the applicant) it just says 'Application Received' and the medical status is not yet updated.
How can i make sure if the medical report I have sent to New Delhi wasn't misplaced or not properly received?
I checked with the panel physician where my wife had done the medicals and they verified that they have sent all the medicals till date.
I'm concerned and not interested in hearing that ND VO has lost my medicals after 6 months and then I have to wait for 3 extra months for the medicals to be sent again. I aprpeciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks! And goodluck to everyone!
Namachii