Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Re: on working on student visa

ortom said:
Taxes need to be paid, because the earnings need to exceed tuition and rent/living expenses in order to be claimed and for you to get a decent return. I haven't been able to claim anything from my tuition while in school, aside from my scholarship, due to the reason stated above. The tuition can be carried forward if you intend to stay in canada for a while or you can claim it and you will get something like 100$, which is peanuts compared to what you would get if you wait.
Where are you getting this from? There is no rule at all that earnings need to be more than tuition.

You can claim any portion of your tuition/education amounts for a particular year, and carry forward the unused portion into future years OR let a parent/spouse claim it.

So basically if you make around $11K or less in a year, you won't pay taxes anyways so there is no need to claim tuition and you can give it to parent/spouse or carry forward. However if you make over $11K you will need to pay taxes, so then you can start applying whatever portion of the tuition/education costs to reduce your tax payable to zero. Whatever you don't use, can then be transferred/carried forward.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Hello,

Does anyone know if you can use a Commissioner of Oaths to sign letters from family members, or does it have to be a Notary Public?

Thanks!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013

Maybe I didn't express myself right, all I am saying is that if you want to get a good return from your tuition you have to wait until you have a considerable income. I was an international student myself and all accountants advised me to carry it forward. let me give you an example, my income was around 10k. My tuition was about 17-18k, plus my books about 1k, plus my rent about 4k etc. When I did my claims, I would get back all the tax that I paid, which was always under 1k plus gst plus trillium tax. And according to my accountant I would be better off to carry it forward than claim it because I would get very little back. I have had international friends who claimed it and they got 100$ back for each year from their tuition.
And you're saying yourself, over 11k you need to start paying. And that is why I am saying that you shouldn't claim your tuition, because most students don't make over 11k, especially international students that have restrictions on how much they can work and how long they can be off school.

Rob_TO said:
Where are you getting this from? There is no rule at all that earnings need to be more than tuition.

You can claim any portion of your tuition/education amounts for a particular year, and carry forward the unused portion into future years OR let a parent/spouse claim it.

So basically if you make around $11K or less in a year, you won't pay taxes anyways so there is no need to claim tuition and you can give it to parent/spouse or carry forward. However if you make over $11K you will need to pay taxes, so then you can start applying whatever portion of the tuition/education costs to reduce your tax payable to zero. Whatever you don't use, can then be transferred/carried forward.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

ortom said:
Maybe I didn't express myself right, all I am saying is that if you want to get a good return from your tuition you have to wait until you have a considerable income. I was an international student myself and all accountants advised me to carry it forward. let me give you an example, my income was around 10k. My tuition was about 17-18k, plus my books about 1k, plus my rent about 4k etc. When I did my claims, I would get back all the tax that I paid, which was always under 1k plus gst plus trillium tax. And according to my accountant I would be better off to carry it forward than claim it because I would get very little back. I have had international friends who claimed it and they got 100$ back for each year from their tuition.
And you're saying yourself, over 11k you need to start paying. And that is why I am saying that you shouldn't claim your tuition, because most students don't make over 11k, especially international students that have restrictions on how much they can work and how long they can be off school.
Right, anything less than around $11K and you won't pay tax anyways whether you're in school or not.

However say you made $14K, you would have to pay tax at the lowest marginal rate on the additional $3K income (approximate). Or you could use $3K of your education expenses to eliminate that tax, and carry the remaining education amounts to later years. To some people a refund and money in their pocket now is better than a refund in future years.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Experts, please refer to the india guide 3904E document, point 7:

PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 1 of the Medical Report - Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017), signed and provided by the panel physician on your medical exam appointment.

i am applying spousal for my wife. Her parents and siblings are NOT accompanying her, still they need to get their medicals done???
PLS CONFIRM...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
capri_can said:
Experts, please refer to the india guide 3904E document, point 7:

PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 1 of the Medical Report - Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017), signed and provided by the panel physician on your medical exam appointment.

i am applying spousal for my wife. Her parents and siblings are NOT accompanying her, still they need to get their medicals done???
PLS CONFIRM...
No - her parents and siblings do not get medicals.

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
There is no one to help me out and give me any suggestions in Sri Lanka thread... I don't know what to do ..

aisel

Mar 29, 2013
Hi,

Can someone help me on this. I am a permanent resident of Canada for almost 10 months now. I am planning to go back to my country this year to get married and after that I will apply for spousal sponsorship for my husband. My doubt is when we are trying to browse the forms that we need to submit there is a question about co-habitation. When I was still home, we are living together for more than 5 years but we are not sharing financial responsibilities. We don't have any documents to support that we were living together. This is why when I applied for a permanent resident, I did not declare him as a common law partner. Do you think this will pose any issue in our application if we indicate in our application that we lived together before. Or will it affect my status here (as false representation) that I am still single by the time I applied as a permanent resident.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
aisel said:
Hi,

Can someone help me on this. I am a permanent resident of Canada for almost 10 months now. I am planning to go back to my country this year to get married and after that I will apply for spousal sponsorship for my husband. My doubt is when we are trying to browse the forms that we need to submit there is a question about co-habitation. When I was still home, we are living together for more than 5 years but we are not sharing financial responsibilities. We don't have any documents to support that we were living together. This is why when I applied for a permanent resident, I did not declare him as a common law partner. Do you think this will pose any issue in our application if we indicate in our application that we lived together before. Or will it affect my status here (as false representation) that I am still single by the time I applied as a permanent resident.
Yes it will pose a big problem.
1. If you were cohabiting for at least 12 months then you were officially common-law. Because you did not declare him as common-law spouse in your own PR application and landed as "single", you can now NEVER sponsor him to Canada.
2. Because you landed as "single" in Canada even though you were common-law, you committed misrepresentation so your own PR could be in jeopardy

CIC is very strict in these matters and goes by the facts. They generally don't take any excuses. The only way they would allow the cohabitation is if you were living together as roommates only during those 5-years and were NOT in a relationship. However as you are now getting married, it will be very difficult to prove this to CIC.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
2 questions:

I forgot to add my wife's option C printouts, but I do have a case file number and the UCI's as i recieved the AOR as did my wife so should i just send a note saying to add it to my file? Or do I wait for them to contact me about them?

Also, on a side question, I lived in a country for 5 months since I turned 18 do you think they will make me get a police clearance? Thanks!

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plz help,

I got married in dec 2012 and my husband is in ontario and just coming within 7 days in manitoba. I got PR in Canada as dependent child of my parents in oct 2012 and I lived with him for 5 months. And after marriage we are about to live now again. Is this fine or government gonna ask something why you were with him before PR.
I have one more question- we got married in canadian court and don't have any wedding rituals photos with us. We just have our own photos with us.

What should i do so that our spouse sponsorship case would be strong so he get PR without delay. We don't have children and we are not even planning even for next 2 years.
Is this fine? Also I am just earning part time.
Please help me what should I do.

:(

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
hockeyfan said:
2 questions:

I forgot to add my wife's option C printouts, but I do have a case file number and the UCI's as i recieved the AOR as did my wife so should i just send a note saying to add it to my file? Or do I wait for them to contact me about them?

Also, on a side question, I lived in a country for 5 months since I turned 18 do you think they will make me get a police clearance? Thanks!
Just my opinion but anything that you have forgotten to include I would send to be added to my file. Keep copies and send it via xpresspost so you can track it.

From what it states in the guide for the Philippines you only need a police clearance from any country you have resided in for 6 months or more.

lovely123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 oct 2012
AOR Received.
16 nov 2012 , nekah case only
File Transfer...
8 jan 2013 to isl, and on May transfered to uk
Med's Request
Re medical 22 jan and received repcc addional doc and ppr1 in 13 nov
Med's Done....
28 jan
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
dont know when.
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah
LANDED..........
inshallah
TRV

hello guys my husband sponsered me in oct 24th and file sent to CHC islamabad on 8th jan
and he wants to invite me just for a visite we dont have any logical reason that i will come back . so what to do ??? and how to apply for TRV from Islamabad ???

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Re: TRV

lovely123 said:
hello guys my husband sponsered me in oct 24th and file sent to CHC islamabad on 8th jan
and he wants to invite me just for a visite we dont have any logical reason that i will come back . so what to do ??? and how to apply for TRV from Islamabad ???
You can try and apply, but it's extremely unlikely to be approved. You might just be the 1 in 100 that gets accepted..