waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
ortom said:
Here is my situation, Im on a post grad work permit, I have applied for a visitor visa as my husband and I are going on vacation in 2 weeks. Now as days go by I am starting to get paranoid and I am afraid that they might reject my visa because of my family ties in Canada, i.e married to a canadian. Can they refuse my visa based on that? I have never been refused before. And my husband hasn't sponsored me yet as we're waiting for the marriage to be recorded.
I know this is probably not the right thread to post under but maybe someone here has been in a similar situation
Based on my knowledge ,my husband got denied 2 Visitor and 2 Work Visas and then we finally decided to do the Sponsorship. My advice save yourself the money and expectations and do the Sponsorship right away =)

Good luck

pogibheer

Mar 27, 2013
Hello there!

I recently arrived here in Burnaby with a Visit Visa, because my wife and her family are naturalized citizens. My wife and I are now in the process of submitting our papers for my sponsorship. My question is, can I extend my stay here while waiting for the results of our sponsorship visa? Or what should I do, so I could not live my wife while waiting for my sponsorship.

Thanks and have a sunny spring day!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
pogibheer said:
Hello there!

I recently arrived here in Burnaby with a Visit Visa, because my wife and her family are naturalized citizens. My wife and I are now in the process of submitting our papers for my sponsorship. My question is, can I extend my stay here while waiting for the results of our sponsorship visa? Or what should I do, so I could not live my wife while waiting for my sponsorship.

Since you are already here in Canada, 30 days before your visa expires, apply online for an extension. It's 75 dollars :)

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
pogibheer said:
Hello there!

yes you can apply for an extension on your visiting visa....how long is your visa valid for ....

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
ortom said:
Here is my situation, Im on a post grad work permit, I have applied for a visitor visa as my husband and I are going on vacation in 2 weeks. Now as days go by I am starting to get paranoid and I am afraid that they might reject my visa because of my family ties in Canada, i.e married to a canadian. Can they refuse my visa based on that? I have never been refused before. And my husband hasn't sponsored me yet as we're waiting for the marriage to be recorded.
I know this is probably not the right thread to post under but maybe someone here has been in a similar situation
Start the sponsorship process as soon as possible that is your best bet

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
21685 said:
What i came to understand that the sponsor should be in Canada during the process of his/her spouse, Can he move to other province in Canada during pend ency of application and suppose he/she moved to other province during the process of application what will be the impact on application.
Those who have similar experience or the Seniors please share it.
not it wont affect anything at all.......just inform cic that your address has been change so they can put it in the system

holiabhilash

Mar 28, 2013
on working on student visa

hi,i m planning to do a 2 year programme on recreational therapy..and the total cost is $CAD 11320 per year tuition fee + $CAD 9433 living cost per year...i have decided to lend the whole amount from one of my uncles on a provision tat i will return it with in 2 years...i would like to know tat is it possible for me to make this much amount plus my next year fees by doing part time jobs...
how much wil i b able to earn with my of campus work permit......
waiting for reply with anticipation

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Re: on working on student visa

holiabhilash said:
hi,i m planning to do a 2 year programme on recreational therapy..and the total cost is $CAD 11320 per year tuition fee + $CAD 9433 living cost per year...i have decided to lend the whole amount from one of my uncles on a provision tat i will return it with in 2 years...i would like to know tat is it possible for me to make this much amount plus my next year fees by doing part time jobs...
What kind of part time job are you expecting? This is also dependent on what city you will be in (i.e. jobs in Calgary may pay more than in Toronto). Minimum wages vary by province, but the average is around $10 per hour. With off-campus work permit you can work 20 hours per week during school terms, and full time (40 hrs per week) on breaks... so assuming 8 months school/4 months break thats around 25 hours per week average. So depending what you expect to make per hour, you could maybe earn:
$10 x 25 hours per week = $250 x 52 weeks = $13,000 per year
$12 x 25 hours per week = $300 x 52 weeks = $15,600 per year
$15 x 25 hours per week = $375 x 52 weeks = $19,500 per year

Jobs that involve tips (like waiter, bartender) can make more.

Note you probably won't need to pay any taxes, since you can deduct your education expenses.

Aurelian76

Mar 28, 2013
Hi. I am a Canadian citizen living with my wife outside Canada.

After I applied for sponsorship 5 months ago....I (we) received this email from the Embassy:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to finalize the processing of your application, please provide us with the items cited below:

-ORIGINAL passports or travel document(s) with at least 12 months remaining validity for you and your dependent(s);

-2 recent photos for each applicant (passport size, on WHITE background; (see photo specifications - Appendix A );

-height (in cms) and eye color for all applicants.

Please ensure that the above items together with this letter are sent to the Embassy within the next 30 days:.....etc etc

SO...All is good I guess...there is one thing though we don't understand.

- regarding the height (in cm) and eye color????

???? Where should we send that information regarding the height and eyes color? Should we write it on a separate sheet of paper and send it in the same envelope that contains the passport, 2 photos and the above letter we received from the Embassy?
It's odd because, heigh and eye color could be found on my wife's passport. ???

Appendix A it's says on the back of the photo...write the date it was taken. So nothing about the height (in cm) and eye color?!?!?

PLease help...

thank you a lot.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013

Hi.
You need to be in school for 6 months full time in order to get a work permit, Plus about 2 months of processing the work permit. So for the first 8 months you won't be able to work, unless you find a cash paying job (which is going to be either min wage or lower) in which case you still won't be able to make the money that you are borrowing from your uncle and your next years tuition. Also for your off campus work permit you need to be full time for 6-8 months in order for it to be valid and while you are in school you can only work 20 hours per week, during school breaks and summer time you can work up to 40 hours, or slightly more sometimes as they won't really notice.
The bottom line is you will not make the amount of money that you are talking about, not with student jobs at least, which are working in fast foods/restaurants/bars. If you decide to work in a restaurant or bar than you will make slightly more ore way more than min wage, depending on the kind of restaurant that you are working for and how busy they are.
I have heard of a lot of people that come to canada through agencies that assist them with college applications for a fee, and are promised that they will make the money for their tuition and living expenses. Unfortunately that is not the case.
My advise to you, if your parents cannot afford your tuition, then its not a good idea to study here. I am by no means trying to discourage you, but I was an international student myself who initially thought to make the tuition money myself. Needless to say I couldn't, thankfully my parents helped me, but had to sacrifice a lot to give me 17000$ every year( tuition for my university). I was able to cover my living expenses myself working in a restaurant.
So all I can tell you is think everything over and talk to your parents again and see if there is any hope for them to pay, otherwise you won't make it to your second year.
On another note, if you really want to come to canada and have some sort of experience in massage, spa etc, check other provinces (not ontario) you might be able to go there on a permanant resident status and eventually you can move to whichever province you want to study.
Best of luck to you.

holiabhilash said:

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I would write/type a letter, stating something like ' Dear immigration officer, I am writing this letter in response to the letter sent by immigration canada. My hight is ** inch and my eye colour is **. Sincerely *** and sign it. "

Aurelian76 said:
Hi. I am a Canadian citizen living with my wife outside Canada.

After I applied for sponsorship 5 months ago....I (we) received this email from the Embassy:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to finalize the processing of your application, please provide us with the items cited below:

-ORIGINAL passports or travel document(s) with at least 12 months remaining validity for you and your dependent(s);

-2 recent photos for each applicant (passport size, on WHITE background; (see photo specifications - Appendix A );

-height (in cms) and eye color for all applicants.

Please ensure that the above items together with this letter are sent to the Embassy within the next 30 days:.....etc etc

SO...All is good I guess...there is one thing though we don't understand.

- regarding the height (in cm) and eye color????

???? Where should we send that information regarding the height and eyes color? Should we write it on a separate sheet of paper and send it in the same envelope that contains the passport, 2 photos and the above letter we received from the Embassy?
It's odd because, heigh and eye color could be found on my wife's passport. ???

Appendix A it's says on the back of the photo...write the date it was taken. So nothing about the height (in cm) and eye color?!?!?

PLease help...

thank you a lot.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013

ortom said:
Hi.
You need to be in school for 6 months full time in order to get a work permit, Plus about 2 months of processing the work permit. So for the first 8 months you won't be able to work, unless you find a cash paying job (which is going to be either min wage or lower) in which case
.........which of course is completely illegal and can jeopardize your student visa and/or any future plans to be in Canada.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013

Of course its illegal, but aside that it is almost impossible to find and if you do find it and get caught you can pretty much say good bye to canada for life.

IslandAnnie said:
.........which of course is completely illegal and can jeopardize your student visa and/or any future plans to be in Canada.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013

Note you probably won't need to pay any taxes, since you can deduct your education expenses.
Taxes need to be paid, because the earnings need to exceed tuition and rent/living expenses in order to be claimed and for you to get a decent return. I haven't been able to claim anything from my tuition while in school, aside from my scholarship, due to the reason stated above. The tuition can be carried forward if you intend to stay in canada for a while or you can claim it and you will get something like 100$, which is peanuts compared to what you would get if you wait.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Hi Jaime, hope you are doing well.

Happy that you received your visa as well... I've heard that the IO's can be very nice at times and in your case it seems to be the case. My husband's interview is next month at the abu dhabi embassy..... Was wondering, did they ask you to bring extra proof or anything like that,, cuz my husband was told to just bring passport for identification purposes.....

Thanks!

munchkin

jaimevetero said:
hi guys!! as i told you before i was called for an interviewed, which was today! everything was well. the officer just made me update one of the forms, and she asked what is my relationship with my partner like during this year apart, and what were my plans with my partner when i get back to canada. and that's it. she, actually was really nice, she was totally comprehensive and she smiled more than once while I was answering her questions. then at the end she asked if a thought that my relationship was something forever. then she told i was approved and my sponsor needed to pay RPRF and bring my passport to the visa office.

so that was my experience i hope it help to anyone who is going through the same process.

good luck to all, and thank you for everything. this forum did actually helped me a lot. now I finally will be reunited with the love of life!!