Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
CANUSA31 said:
Im applying in-land, sending out application next week. CIC processing times say 6 months stage 1, 8 months stage 2.

Would you recommend that I do my medical exam now and submit it upfront and hope everything is completed within a year? or wait till they request a medical exam? (I have an appointment tomorrow, afternoon but I'm not sure if I should go through with it).

also when attaching additional pages of information for the spouse/common-law questionaire, can you put more than 1 additional information on a page, or is it all the info for question 'x' on page 1 and all the info for question 'y' on page 2?

Thanks
Good news... though the website says 6 months... Recent stats in the INLAND 2012 show it is about 4 months... they like to say it will be longer so you don't start calling to harass them!!! We just got our in process email after 58 Days.

From what I also see on that spreadsheet... it seems like the complete applications (sent with Medical) get taken over the ones that don't)

Put as many additional pages as you would like.
We made a Header to keep it all the same....
SPONSOR: JOHN DOE
APPLICANT: SARAH SMITH
ex. SPOUSE/COMMONLAW QUESTIONAIRE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - QUESTION 7

We also made a table of contents for each section itemizing again.. and explaining each page.
We made three sections... Sponsor, Applicant, and Supporting Details

There is a fantastic thread on putting the package together... no staples or tabs etc.

BEST OF LUCK!

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
CANUSA31 said:
Im applying in-land, sending out application next week. CIC processing times say 6 months stage 1, 8 months stage 2.

Would you recommend that I do my medical exam now and submit it upfront and hope everything is completed within a year? or wait till they request a medical exam? (I have an appointment tomorrow, afternoon but I'm not sure if I should go through with it).

also when attaching additional pages of information for the spouse/common-law questionaire, can you put more than 1 additional information on a page, or is it all the info for question 'x' on page 1 and all the info for question 'y' on page 2?

Thanks
Here is a link to the Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc#gid=0

Veraissa

Jan 3, 2013
Spousal sponsorship

Hi everyone!
I wish I knew about this forum long time ago when I was sponsored :)
It'd have halped me alot...

Anyway, now I'm sponsoring my husband IN LAND and we have just one question...
About IMM 5285 - Spouse/Common-Law Questionnaire question # 12:
"... Provide any additional details of your current relationship That you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing"
Someone talled us it should be a page length but I dont know what to write after all the att' sheet of papers with our answers for the previos questions.

Thanks!
Have a happy new year!!! ;)

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Veraissa said:
Hi everyone!
I wish I knew about this forum long time ago when I was sponsored :)
It'd have halped me alot...

Anyway, now I'm sponsoring my husband IN LAND and we have just one question...
About IMM 5285 - Spouse/Common-Law Questionnaire question # 12:
"... Provide any additional details of your current relationship That you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing"
Someone talled us it should be a page length but I dont know what to write after all the att' sheet of papers with our answers for the previos questions.

Thanks!
Have a happy new year!!! ;)
Hi, its easy write about your daily contact and how you keep in contact with each other. By phone,chats online or what ever the case may be. Also its a good idea if you can get family members to write a letter on behalf of meeting or talking to your spouse. Also any visits that you may have done to see one and other.Hope this helps you

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
Hi Leon or to any Seniors... Please I badly need your help!!!

My medical will expire on January 8, 2013... had our application applied on February 2, 2012. Received an urgent letter from Embassy Manila last Dec. 19, 2012 asking us to provide a confirmed flight booking on or before the expiration of my medical. My husband booked me and my daughter's flight for January 4, 2013. I went to Embassy Manila on Dec. 19, 2012 to show to the visa officer proof that we had a confirmed flight details... then the visa officer told me she will issue my PR that day but my daughter is not included!!!!!!! VERY INHUMANE!!!!!! she reasoned out that they are not responsible for the travel document of her (My daughter is a Canadian by Descent and she is 3 years old now). I had applied her Citizenship Certificate since July of 2011 and it's way beyond the normal processing time of 14 months... still "IN PROCESS" up to this moment.

I was then instructed by the mean visa officer to go to the Consular Section of the Embassy to get the travel document of my daughter as I applied for her certificate in that Section, and I was then told by another visa officer that they cannot give me the temporary passport because Gracie my daughter is already 3 years old.... that I have to get back to the Visa Section of the Embassy and asked what other documents can be provided in order for my daughter to travel....

I felt like I was a ball being passed from one department and other with no concrete solution with regards to my daughters travel document (with the pending Citizenship Certificate application on hand). And yet the Visa Section is really obliging me to leave before my medical expiration... I even reminded her that there is a medical extension up to 15 months and yet she seems unaware of it... or not knowing at all.

So after a long discussion with the Visa officer from Visa Section... she then finally provide a solution by getting my daughter a FACILITATION VISA... which she is requiring me to have my daughter's local (Philippine) passport, unfortunately I don't have yet her local passport, as I asked them (Embassy, Manila) 2 years ago if this will be needed for her application... NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.

Now that I inquired at DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) for local passport, it's their requirement to present the accompanying parents passport in order to apply for minor dependents passport. My husband and myself had emailed the Embassy Manila for the temporary release of my passport... we even seek assistance from our MP to help us get my passport. Up to now no response from EMBASSY MANILA and yet they're really pushing us to leave on or before January 8, 2013.

Was it impossible for any embassy to release the passport of the applicant when this is a pertinent requirement from their own requirement??? It was really very upsetting how one embassy with different section really don't coordinate... that Visa & Facilitation Section is strictly a separate entity from Consular Section... how come they overlooked my application, what's the purpose of asking the ACCOMPANYING AND NON-ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENT on the application forms when they cannot do anything but suggesting to leave my 3 year old dependent... I was indeed very disappointed with this fellow filipino visa officer from Embassy, Manila. How many other applicants will they treat this way???

Veraissa

Jan 3, 2013
micmac101 said:
Hi, its easy write about your daily contact and how you keep in contact with each other. By phone,chats online or what ever the case may be. Also its a good idea if you can get family members to write a letter on behalf of meeting or talking to your spouse. Also any visits that you may have done to see one and other.Hope this helps you

Thanks micmac101!
I didnt said about us... We were living together for 2 years not in Canada, we met long before I got my PR. and I met all his (big) :) family..We married Dec 2011 and now 3 months before my PR exspires we decided to come here. So i hope it's gonna be OK..
Thank you :)

leni

Jan 2, 2013
Hi there,

I have some questions blocking my vision before applying for inland spousal sponsorship hope yo guys could clear for me. My fiance is a Canadian citizen, he is coming to visit me for 3 weeks and will get married on 31 Jan, 2013 in Hong Kong (where my home country is and I hold HK passport which can stay in Canada visa free for 6 months. We are trying to gether all the pros and cons for both inland and outland applications. So far, we are more falling into inland app which we will send our app when we go back to Canada in mid-Feb but my question is when I go back with him, I will be under visitor status to go through the immigration. Would they let me get through if I don't have a return ticket(since I am going to stay for whenever it will take to get my PR which is for sure more than 6 months)? Are most applicants stay as a visitor while waiting for landing? What should I do if my status ran out before we get the AIP?
My fiance is really stressful as there are some other problems are attacking him at the same time...guess this is life... thanks in advance for making our life easier for anwsering my questions!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Hi All,

Hubby finally got COPR! :) So with the B4 form, he doesn't have much in his hometown, so we just use the B4 form right? We don't need the B4A form?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
G.Ysabelle said:
My medical will expire on January 8, 2013... had our application applied on February 2, 2012. Received an urgent letter from Embassy Manila last Dec. 19, 2012 asking us to provide a confirmed flight booking on or before the expiration of my medical. My husband booked me and my daughter's flight for January 4, 2013. I went to Embassy Manila on Dec. 19, 2012 to show to the visa officer proof that we had a confirmed flight details... then the visa officer told me she will issue my PR that day but my daughter is not included!!!!!!! VERY INHUMANE!!!!!! she reasoned out that they are not responsible for the travel document of her (My daughter is a Canadian by Descent and she is 3 years old now). I had applied her Citizenship Certificate since July of 2011 and it's way beyond the normal processing time of 14 months... still "IN PROCESS" up to this moment.
The VO has the option to request extension of your medicals. Alternatively, you can obtain a new medical evaluation and then the VO can issue the visa and COPR.

In addition, note that OP 1 "Procedures" Section 5.28 says:

Sometimes, due to factors beyond their control, applicants receive visas that are valid for less than two months. If they cannot travel before their visas expire, officers should update whichever requirement (e.g., medical) was used to set the visa validity. When a new validity date has been obtained, a new visa will be issued.
You may wish to point this out to the VO as well - taking some pressure off you is certainly a very good idea.

G.Ysabelle said:
I was then instructed by the mean visa officer to go to the Consular Section of the Embassy to get the travel document of my daughter as I applied for her certificate in that Section, and I was then told by another visa officer that they cannot give me the temporary passport because Gracie my daughter is already 3 years old.... that I have to get back to the Visa Section of the Embassy and asked what other documents can be provided in order for my daughter to travel....

I felt like I was a ball being passed from one department and other with no concrete solution with regards to my daughters travel document (with the pending Citizenship Certificate application on hand). And yet the Visa Section is really obliging me to leave before my medical expiration... I even reminded her that there is a medical extension up to 15 months and yet she seems unaware of it... or not knowing at all.

So after a long discussion with the Visa officer from Visa Section... she then finally provide a solution by getting my daughter a FACILITATION VISA... which she is requiring me to have my daughter's local (Philippine) passport, unfortunately I don't have yet her local passport, as I asked them (Embassy, Manila) 2 years ago if this will be needed for her application... NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.

Now that I inquired at DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) for local passport, it's their requirement to present the accompanying parents passport in order to apply for minor dependents passport. My husband and myself had emailed the Embassy Manila for the temporary release of my passport... we even seek assistance from our MP to help us get my passport. Up to now no response from EMBASSY MANILA and yet they're really pushing us to leave on or before January 8, 2013.

Was it impossible for any embassy to release the passport of the applicant when this is a pertinent requirement from their own requirement??? It was really very upsetting how one embassy with different section really don't coordinate... that Visa & Facilitation Section is strictly a separate entity from Consular Section... how come they overlooked my application, what's the purpose of asking the ACCOMPANYING AND NON-ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENT on the application forms when they cannot do anything but suggesting to leave my 3 year old dependent... I was indeed very disappointed with this fellow filipino visa officer from Embassy, Manila. How many other applicants will they treat this way???
At this point you need to push back on the visa officer. Indeed, I would write this down, very clearly, and explain the situation, including the pressure to land prior to January 8, the inability to obtain a proper Canadian travel document for your child and the subsequent "solution" of obtaining a facilitation visa for your child's foreign passport but the need to obtain your own passport back from the visa office.

Without your passport and visa, you couldn't travel to Canada in any case - so they are going to have to reset the medical expiration and reissue the visa. With your passport and visa, you can then go get your daughter's passport and then go back to the Canadian embassy and obtain the facilitation visa, without the extreme time pressure.

It may be worthwhile for your Canadian sponsor to contact the MP's office for the district in which he resides as well and see what that office can do to help.

Good luck!

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Hello
i have 2 questions.
I send my inland application at the end of september. But i didnt included a application for a new work permit. My work permit ends at the end of june. So i guess i will need a new one. What form should i use??

The second question is, i live in quebec and i dont really know when do i have to start the application for Quebec? The Callcenter said after the application in canada. but does it mean after its finished or after the first steps?

Many greetings!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
leni said:
Hi there,

I have some questions blocking my vision before applying for inland spousal sponsorship hope yo guys could clear for me. My fiance is a Canadian citizen, he is coming to visit me for 3 weeks and will get married on 31 Jan, 2013 in Hong Kong (where my home country is and I hold HK passport which can stay in Canada visa free for 6 months. We are trying to gether all the pros and cons for both inland and outland applications. So far, we are more falling into inland app which we will send our app when we go back to Canada in mid-Feb but my question is when I go back with him, I will be under visitor status to go through the immigration. Would they let me get through if I don't have a return ticket(since I am going to stay for whenever it will take to get my PR which is for sure more than 6 months)? Are most applicants stay as a visitor while waiting for landing? What should I do if my status ran out before we get the AIP?
My fiance is really stressful as there are some other problems are attacking him at the same time...guess this is life... thanks in advance for making our life easier for anwsering my questions!
you can read the first page of this thread for the advantages of inland and outland, and see what is best for you.
You can apply outland even if you are in Canada.
If you apply inland, you will have implied status as soon as you send your application, so no need to worry about extending your visa. BUT - you can not leave Canada for any reason during the whole time ( currently 6 months first stage + 8 months second stage) otherwise your application will be deemed abandoned if you're refused entry at the border.

If you apply outland, you will have to extend your visitor visa ( online extension, do it before the current visa expires, and include proofs that you have applied for PR).

About getting into the country - it's always up to the border officer. I got in with no return ticket, and a PR application already started, and have explained that I was coming to wait out my PR, and it wasn't a problem. I had proofs of funds ( because no return ticket), and proofs of PR application started. But - there is no guarantee... it's best to be honest about your intention at the border. If you're married and decide to file outland, you can do it as soon as you have your marriage certificate, and have the proofs that you have applied when you enter Canada (the fee receipt, or the post tracking number to send your package to Mississauga).

Good luck with the decision,
Sweden

sunnydelight

Jul 27, 2012
Hello All!

Is it possible to send another set of application because the first one is incomplete?
Just to prevent the delay...

Thanks!

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
sunnydelight said:
Hello All!

Is it possible to send another set of application because the first one is incomplete?
Just to prevent the delay...

Thanks!
why send another application? :eek: sent out documents which weren't sent at first time. that's it. :D :D