WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
tuyen said:
That's a VERY bad idea. The chances of you being allowed into the country as a visitor with a one-way ticket are very slim.

The best way to do it is to get into Canada as any normal visitor (showing that you have a plan to return home), and then AFTER you are already in the country, you can file your inland sponsorship papers.

Well, yes...because you can't file an inland application if you're not IN the country. And also, you really don't want to have a refused entry into Canada on your record, because that will definitely not help with your spousal application.
Exactly..

sunnydelight

Jul 27, 2012
nazafarin said:
I applied as a skilled worker 2 years ago and right now I applied for my husband ;D I have a good enough experience for immigration ;D ;D
I know in-completed application for skilled worker would return to applicant but for sponsorship is rare. For example I knew somebody who didn't sent Medical for his wife under Family Class and we know medical is an important document which should be included in application. and what did CIC do? they emailed him to send his wife's medical :D :D
returning family class applications is rare unless u had not sent strong documents for sponsoring.
Thanks nazafarin...
ur info gave me some hope :)

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
computergeek said:
Unless your marriage is not recognized by the US, ou would file as "married fili
I thought it d be recognized ???
but we were thinking of filing separately. we were just talking about this this evening. I m just clueless. it was so easy and simple last year. thank you

leni

Jan 2, 2013
tuyen said:
That's a VERY bad idea. The chances of you being allowed into the country as a visitor with a one-way ticket are very slim.

The best way to do it is to get into Canada as any normal visitor (showing that you have a plan to return home), and then AFTER you are already in the country, you can file your inland sponsorship papers.

Well, yes...because you can't file an inland application if you're not IN the country. And also, you really don't want to have a refused entry into Canada on your record, because that will definitely not help with your spousal application.
I got it but kinder nervous about it...
Another question is: According to the timeline for outland app, it takes 43 days + 16 months for both stages. But the inland app takes 6 months + 8 months which is faster than outland app. Why lots of people keep saying the outland gets approved faster than the other?

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Do I need LMO for renewing OPEN WORK PERMIT?

Hey there, I need your insights. I obtained my OWP along with my first stage of approval of permanent residency under family class sponsorship last Dec.2012 however my OWP expireson July 2013. I am wondering if should I apply for extension yet? And Do I need LMO from an employer upon renewing that? Or just file an extension with my PR application number.

Also, can anyone tell me how long should I roughly wait after first stage approval. I have done my medicals already for my PR as the immigration asked for one.

Thanks. Hope You can help me with this.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leni said:
Another question is: According to the timeline for outland app, it takes 43 days + 16 months for both stages. But the inland app takes 6 months + 8 months which is faster than outland app. Why lots of people keep saying the outland gets approved faster than the other?
Because not all outland applications are created equal. It depends entirely on where your visa office happens to be.

In your specific case, if your visa office is in Hong Kong, then you're looking at a 16 month processing time.

But as you can see, there are many other visa offices around the world with very different processing times. Some people will get faster processing outland, while others will get it done faster inland.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lunas said:
I thought it d be recognized ???
Same-sex couples have a very complex issue when it comes to US/Canada taxation. The US does not recognize the marriage for federal tax purposes, but the status of the term "spouse" in the Canada/US tax treaty remains to be resolved (e.g., "litigated"). Interestingly, the US Supreme Court is hearing a same sex couple tax case this session - in this case an estate tax claim.

That's why I made sure to add the appropriate caveat.

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
nazafarin said:
I'm in canada as a skilled worker and landed 7 month ago. I got married 5 months ago and apply for my spouse under Family Class( Sponsorship) ;)
Hi nazafrin, can you please share the link for cic which you used for accessing forms.
did you apply only TRV for her or wp?
thanks in advance

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
craving_soul said:
Hi nazafrin, can you please share the link for cic which you used for accessing forms.
did you apply only TRV for her or wp?
thanks in advance
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

kowalski L.E.

Jan 5, 2013
hey guys, i just found this Forum, and i really like what i see so far.

I've got a big problem.

I'm 26 and from Germany, i came on a Working & Holiday Visa to Canada/Vancouver.
a few months after that i met my girlfriend, she is Mexican but she has the PR already and can now apply for the Citizenship.

Problem: my girlfriend got pregnant (is now in her 5 month), i couldn't apply , after my working holiday visa was expired, for a young professional visa because the International Experience program had no more Visa left in 2012. So i extended my stay as a Visitor which is valid until March 3rd.

Does some of you guys has an idea how i can stay here after march, i don't wanna leave the country, i wanna see the labor of my baby and wanna support my girlfriend.

i'm thankful for every helpful advice.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kowalski L.E. said:
hey guys, i just found this Forum, and i really like what i see so far.

I've got a big problem.

I'm 26 and from Germany, i came on a Working & Holiday Visa to Canada/Vancouver.
a few months after that i met my girlfriend, she is Mexican but she has the PR already and can now apply for the Citizenship.

Problem: my girlfriend got pregnant (is now in her 5 month), i couldn't apply , after my working holiday visa was expired, for a young professional visa because the International Experience program had no more Visa left in 2012. So i extended my stay as a Visitor which is valid until March 3rd.

Does some of you guys has an idea how i can stay here after march, i don't wanna leave the country, i wanna see the labor of my baby and wanna support my girlfriend.

i'm thankful for every helpful advice.
You can request another extension on your visitor visa.

Also, if you and your gf have lived together as common law for 1 year or more, she can apply to sponsor you through the family class for Permanent Residency.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kowalski L.E. said:
are u sure about the extension? i did it the first time online...can i do it online again or do i need to go to a boarder?
Pretty sure you can do it online or through snail mail. People extend 3 and 4 times. I'm not an expert though as I've never dealt with a TRV extension, just know from reading on the forum. Someone else will probably pipe up and give u more details, but yes u can extend through internet or mail more than once.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kowalski L.E. said:
are u sure about the extension? i did it the first time online...can i do it online again or do i need to go to a boarder?
You can definitely do it online. There is never a requirement you go to the border. But of course you are at much higher risk of refusal now than before - you don't sound like someone who wants to leave! It's a bit like taking out a loan from the bank: if you need the money, you're a poor risk. In this case, with a family here you are unlikely to leave.

If you don't meet the common-law requirement, you might wish to consider getting married as there's on one year requirement and that piece of paper is very easy for CIC to understand. Then apply via the "spouse in canada" method. After your sponsor is approved (generally about 6 months) you are eligible for an open work permit. If you include the open work permit application with the inland permanent resident application, it is normally granted at the same time (or shortly after) first stage (sponsor) approval - the "AIP". Further, if you apply before your visitor record expires, you can remain legally under "implied status".

Good luck!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Hi Everyone

This is my first post!

My husband is a Canadian Citizen and I am a British Citizen -our visa office will be London.

All of our paper work is almost done, just waiting on marriage certificate in Ontario (should be with him in 2 weeks) and my medical - SO BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!! I should be able to get it done this week.

I am a doctor myself and which to have record of landing by August/Sept time to be ready to apply for residencies.

If we hopefully send off our application by end Jan could i have record of landing by then??

Thanks! This process is so stressful :(